• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

help.advise needed

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wet market ah soh got toilet problems?
Easy to solve la....just go stick your fucking head inside toilet bowl below the waterline.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
shit job. no one wants to get their hands dirty.:smile::smile::smile:
yr piping is the floor below, so neighbor must be in. got to open the inspection covers, if blockage won't be nice.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

so can my neighbor below reject town council from opening the inspection cover since it might dirty their unit?

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
They could be checking the wrong pipe. I may be wrong. But I think for high rise block, there are 2 sewer pipes for each stack of flats. Flat on the 2nd and 3rd story will be served by a separate smaller waste pipe that does not go all the way to the roof top. This waste pipe is joined (at a level few floors above yours) to a bigger waste pipe that serve the 4th floor and above. Both pipes are interconnected at every storey by smaller pipes.

If the main waste pipe that serve the higher floor is partially choked at the ground or 2nd storey, each time a higher floor discharge large volume of water, air in the main waste pipe cannot escape into the manhole and may be pushed to your waste pipe through the connecting pipe and then into your toilet.

Therefore, maybe the TC has checked only the waste pipe serving your unit but the choke is actually in the main waste pipe that serves the upper stores which is the real cause your problem.

today town council reply:
-----------------------------------------
dear sir,
Please refer to your feedback.As spoken to you,we have inspected the manhole and main pipes and could not find any chokes in the pipe. Nevertheless, we will arrange for the flushing of the main pipe and hopefully we could resolve this matter.

---------------------------------------
so is it trial and error method since he say "hopefully we could resolve this matter;?

i tried to observed carefully.
yes , it is large amount of bubble escaping into my unit.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
today town council reply:
-----------------------------------------
dear sir,
Please refer to your feedback.As spoken to you,we have inspected the manhole and main pipes and could not find any chokes in the pipe. Nevertheless, we will arrange for the flushing of the main pipe and hopefully we could resolve this matter.

---------------------------------------
so is it trial and error method since he say "hopefully we could resolve this matter;?

i tried to observed carefully.
yes , it is large amount of bubble escaping into my unit.

You may like to check with your 2nd storey neighbors whether they are facing the same problem. Most probably they do not because the partial choke is usually located just below the floor of the affected unit. That is, the choke in the other waste pipe should be near the roof of the 2nd storey, usually at the interconnecting pipe that links the 2 waste pipes. The choke could be caused by rag getting caught at the interconnecting pipe joint. This can happen when there is renovation being carried out in one of the upper units and the worker carelessly drop rags, sponge into the waste pipe.

I am not sure if TC can / will "rod" the other waste pipe from the manhole, all the way to the 3rd storey. Usually, if the ground floor is void deck, TC can "rod" to the 3rd storey by opening the inspection "eye" of the other waste pipe from the void deck.

Hope the TC contractor has the necessary experience to solve the problem.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may like to check with your 2nd storey neighbors whether they are facing the same problem. Most probably they do not because the partial choke is usually located just below the floor of the affected unit. That is, the choke in the other waste pipe should be near the roof of the 2nd storey, usually at the interconnecting pipe that links the 2 waste pipes. The choke could be caused by rag getting caught at the interconnecting pipe joint. This can happen when there is renovation being carried out in one of the upper units and the worker carelessly drop rags, sponge into the waste pipe.

I am not sure if TC can / will "rod" the other waste pipe from the manhole, all the way to the 3rd storey. Usually, if the ground floor is void deck, TC can "rod" to the 3rd storey by opening the inspection "eye" of the other waste pipe from the void deck.

Hope the TC contractor has the necessary experience to solve the problem.

bingo.you are 100% correct.
all the steps is your mentioned.
the partial choke is located just below the floor of the affected unit.
they saw off a portion of the main pipe.
from the manhole, they rod in some wire to my 3rd floor opening and they tarik.
after that they joined the saw off pipe.
the whole unit stink like hell.
all done by 3 keleng kia , under the guildline form hdb representative.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
told you your pipe choke liaoz.

dont know leh.
the 1st batch from DTZ say my level can flush should be no prob.
2nd batch come check man hole and main pipe.say no choke.
3rd batch from hdb.he ordered town council to dissect the pipe.lanlan cut loh.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw nothing to do with the choke pipe.
just curious.i
anyone know what is the purpose of the small pipe in picture 1?

pipe 1.jpg

the purpose of the pipe with a cap on top in photo 2?

pipe 2.jpg

both found in my kitchen extenstion

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
siao liao lah.
after the pipe operation, the problem still exists.
anyone got other explanation.
is the air in the pipe that cause the problem

Last edited: