• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Avira Medini ( A SANCTUARY OF WELLNESS)

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far my developers SP Setia and Astaka Padu did not gave me any problem. (state consent already approved)

E&O is too experience to have this problem for their buyers... :roll eyes:

It is important to choose the better developer and not base on price. If base on price I would have bought Twin Galaxy and not Sky 88.
(I told my friend to buy Twin Galaxy because she is a Malaysian; hence easier to sought things out.)

its not fun, and it's inefficient.
but for me with sp setia, so far quite OK.
Discoutns were clearly documented, DIBS scheme clearly stated on LOO, they are making the first drawdown from my loan facility this month.

yours is tiong nam right? i heard the official launch is soon.? so you must be sitting on nice paper profit now.

Last edited:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the Malaysian way!

Just to share. All 3 of us who bought into the various projects in JB are regretting it now. It is the inefficiencies, the crazy/new rules and fees, etc. None of us had it easy with the paperwork, the fund transfers, and the waiting... Out of the blue, lawyer called me to sign documents and prepare money in 3 days. its so wtf...

then out of the blue one of us got a letter stating that payment is overdue when its actually under DIBS. Then we had to call lawyer and then the bank for something that they should have ironed out with the developer's bank and lawyer...

Its not fun at all.
Maybe it's the project, developer or lawyer or combination of all. I don't have this issue with uem or setia

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, one of the projects we bought is Sky88. Maybe its the bank. Maybe its the lawyer. I don't know. But we got a letter from the lawyer saying that the next tranche of payment was overdue and interest is running. It was not a big deal per se cos all it took was a phone call and everything was resolved. But it ruined my night because we read the letter at night after coming home from work and had to wait till the next day to make the call.

Point I am trying to make is that this kind of hassle and stress is not necessary. Things can be better managed and executed. But like I always ask ppl, if Malaysia is as efficient as SG, would we be paying Malaysian prices?

I wrote an error cheque to SP Setia, and a staff was assigned to help me resent another cheque. This type of service surpass some developer in Singapore like Oxley.

Problem may be with the bank rather than the developer.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point I am trying to make is that this kind of hassle and stress is not necessary. Things can be better managed and executed. But like I always ask ppl, if Malaysia is as efficient as SG, would we be paying Malaysian prices?

aiyo it's a small thing actually. just laugh it off here

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never regretted buying my houses back then. Seriously even though I had to rush to banks and lawyer offices thanks to screw ups. In the end when I see my profits, 6 digits profits after converting to Sing dollars, I told myself the hassles are worth it.

That's the Malaysian way!

Just to share. All 3 of us who bought into the various projects in JB are regretting it now. It is the inefficiencies, the crazy/new rules and fees, etc. None of us had it easy with the paperwork, the fund transfers, and the waiting... Out of the blue, lawyer called me to sign documents and prepare money in 3 days. its so wtf...

then out of the blue one of us got a letter stating that payment is overdue when its actually under DIBS. Then we had to call lawyer and then the bank for something that they should have ironed out with the developer's bank and lawyer...

Its not fun at all.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never regretted buying my houses back then. Seriously even though I had to rush to banks and lawyer offices thanks to screw ups. In the end when I see my profits, 6 digits profits after converting to Sing dollars, I told myself the hassles are worth it.

wow, great.. congrats.. which houses you bought and sold, can share? easy to sell off?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you! I don't have that type of faith in Malaysian property. For serious investments, would still stick to SG and others.

Last edited by a moderator:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.. Invest in Malaysia better prepare to be slow and steady... I am not too sure the explosive growth for the past couple of years can be replicated so soon again.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for you! I don't have that type of faith in Malaysian property. For serious investments, would still stick to SG and others.

1nottiboy buy to play in the new playground.

Naughty boy; time to look at Vietnam........

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds reasonable.. Considered that it's a branded development..

Should be snapped up very fast.. Leasehold shouldn't really matter that much.. This development has a lot of financial muscle behind it.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property perks in Medini extended

Mar 31, 2014 - PropertyGuru.com.my
The federal government has extended the special tax holidays and other incentive packages in Medini, Nusajaya by another 10 years even though the current privileges are yet to expire.

The current privileges were supposed to expire on 31 December 2015, while the 10-year extension runs from 1 January 2016.

According to the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA), the early announcement aims to boost investor confidence and ensure that Medini remains competitive.

Notably, property developments in Medini enjoy many perks such as zero restrictions on foreign ownership. Projects in 902.44ha area are also not subject to the real property gains tax (RPGT) and RM1 million minimum purchase price.

“In order to attract investments into Iskandar Malaysia, we have to offer incentives to investors who are promoting the nine key economic sectors under our Comprehensive Development Plan for 2006 to 2025,” said IRDA CEO Datuk Ismail Ibrahim.

The nine key economic sectors are health, food and agro-processing, tourism, electrical and electronic, education, petrochemical & oleochemical, financial services, logistics and related services, along with the ICT and creative industry.

“I must stress here that property is not one of the nine key economic sectors we are promoting. However, Medini was created at that point of time as we needed a particular location to promote Iskandar Malaysia,” he said.

Another reason for the extension is that there are still large tracts of unused land in Medini, which would need more time to be developed.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1.4mil / 2200 sqft = $636 psf built up for a 99-year leasehold house. This is quite a record in Johor. It will push up e prices of freehold landed in Johor.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
20x50 is very small. This is like e cluster house in Singapore.
Received email from E&O.

Thank you for your interest in Avira, the heart of wellness of Medini in Iskandar Malaysia.
As our privileged customer, you are cordially invited to an upcoming private preview of the maiden launch of the Avira Garden Terraces.
Proposed Details
Date:Saturday, 26 April 2014
Time:10.00am - 3.00pm
Venue:Iskandar Ballroom, Traders Hotel
Persiaran Puteri Selatan, Puteri Harbour
79000 Nusajaya, Johor, Malaysia

<tbody id="yui_3_13_0_1_1396746629977_2399" style="width: 317px;">
</tbody>

Once the date is confirmed, we will email you an invitation letter that must be presented at the
time of registration. In the meantime, please reserve this date in your calendar.

Should you require further information, please call any of our offices below for an appointment
in the week of 7-11 April 2014:

E&O Johor Bahru
Contact: Ms Juslyn Kong | Phone: +607-228 1188 | Email: [email protected]

E&O Kuala Lumpur

Contact: Ms Lynn Lim | Phone: +603-2095 6868 | Email: [email protected]

E&O Singapore

Contact: Ms Marilyn Tan | Phone : +65-6337 1680 | Email: [email protected]

<tbody id="yui_3_13_0_1_1396746629977_2411" style="width: 571px;">
</tbody>

All of our offices are open Mondays-Fridays from 9.00am-6.00pm.

We look forward to sharing with you on how to make Avira your private sanctuary.
Thank you.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like the recent launchers are strategically timed to not to overlap with each other..

Kinda feel like the buying interest is tapering off.. Especially with the lowered forecast of the Singapore property scene.