• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where did you buy your luggage bag?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any places to recommend luggage bags?
Go Chatuchak market :p

http://www.chatuchak.org/

Chatuchak%20Weekend%20Market_20.jpgchattuchakmap_500.jpg

IamHandsome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just get one large backpack from beach road army market, save you all the hassle of checking in and out, rolling here and there.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rimowa and samsonite luggages are cheaper at the old luggage shop at siglap drive and frankel. you can also buy previously owned luggages at a much lower price. the shop has an adjoining shop that repairs luggages.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always buy from Taka using vouchers exchanged from Credit Card points... I like this Delsey brand..

One question for bros here, Hard case or Soft case? and Why?

For me it is soft case, those luggage handlers always throw luggage and all my previous hard cases got dented, soft case wont ahve this problem and they are also expandable.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just happen to see this thread & thought I'd share my opinion.

Don't skimp on travel luggage. You will be using it for years & you don't want a cheap luggage to fail when you are travelling. It happened to me while I was traveling in Europe. I had brought along a second hand luggage from Spore which had a poorly designed sling. For some strange reason the sling connect by a plastic clasp. It kept on coming loose:(

My mistake was in using a no name brand luggage . If you are going to use a no name luggage I recommend you 1st do a test run on short trips.

I like Eagle creek bags. Have a couple of them. Luckily on the same trip my main luggage was an Eagle Creek convertible bag. It can be pulled because it has wheels or converted into a backpack. It look something like this http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...a,sporting,375&rh=i:aps,k:eagle+creek+luggage

The backpack that I currently use for longer travel e..g. 1 week or more is the Rush 5.11.
http://www.amazon.com/5-11-Day-Rush...&qid=1403442685&sr=1-3&keywords=backpack+5.11

This bag has plenty of pockets. Although it is a large bag I have never had any problems using it as a carry on luggage on airlines like AirAsia & Jetstar. You can see the reviews at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rush+5.11+72
Although you can find it locally. I got a black one from Amazon. The price there is cheaper.

For weekend trips, 2 to 3 nights, I use a Daikin back pack http://www.amazon.com/Dakine-33-Lit...d=1403443815&sr=1-60&keywords=school+backpack
I also got this bag from Amzon:smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I normally go with Samsonite or Delsey however I always lust for a Rimowa but I think its too expensive. I bought two big luggages by Tumi but got it at factory outlet in State 2 years ago I think not much different from Samsonite.

Anyone any comment about Rimowa? Also any good place to buy one? Any factory outlet for Rimowa anywhere?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my luggages are the notorious transworld no name brand made in china with gold, red, and blue fabric. break apart every 2 round trips, and i keep buying the same shitty product. will invest in a better product before the next trip. :*:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my luggages are the notorious transworld no name brand made in china with gold, red, and blue fabric. break apart every 2 round trips, and i keep buying the same shitty product. will invest in a better product before the next trip. :*:

My older Eagle Creek bags are more than 10+ years old & still in good shape. Those bags have a life time warranty.

I've also got more conventional type of luggage from companies like American Tourister, Travelers Choice which I bought in the US. Stopped using them when I got my Eagle Creek stuff because their luggage are made with lighter material & more technically designed..

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Made a mistake of buying a no brand luggage at Guangzhou for around SGD30. Big size, nice peach colour and 360 degree wheels. Forgot to check the quality of the wheel and only focused on the zipper and there was a manufacturing fault in one of the wheel making it unable to turn 360 degree fully. When the luggage was fully loaded, the weight depressed the wheels even further and made it harder to swivel. Could not bear to throw it away as it was my favourite peach colour. Luckily the cargo handler did me a favour at Changi Airport on my other trip back from Vietnam and broke the wheel. I asked them to fixed for me and they did it FOC :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In my last trip leaving from Changi to Bangkok a month ago at the airport Samsonite shop, I saw a very innovative cabin bag which I could not resist. I've never seen a hard case designed like this for cabin. Its a Samsonite Inova 57cm. This trip here is my first time using it.

First of all its a handsome bag

Handle is a single bar which I like over twin bar also look at the size its perfect for a 3 night 4 days trip too

Now this is the innovative part the front opens

For document and Mac and etc etc

And lets say if more space needed can go with my working bag perfectly