• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Tourism Board Is a Liar to Say Singapore Is a Shopping Heaven

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The funny thing is in the past we had the Aussies comming to Spore to buy things here because it was cheaper. There were even companies like Chews that specially catered to the angmos.
How things have changed. Nowadays you are more likely to read stories about tourists getting cheated than people getting bargains here:rolleyes:

Spore has the dubious title of being the most expensive city. Even before they got the top spot plenty of people already knew that Spore is an expensive place. I am actually surprised it took so long for Spore to win top spot:biggrin:

Local products are expensive, it is the imported stuff like Swarovski watches.
It helps that the sales are genuine here too.

This chart will explain a lot.
CPI%201.png

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
STB's job is to promote Singapore as a tourist destination, attract foreigners to come and spend their $$$ here. Every marketing campaign is like advertising, do you believe everything from an advertisement?

Their latest ‘Singapore. See where the world is heading’...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find Hongkong to be a better place for shopping then Singapore. The only bad thing about HK is the hotel prices are way too high.

You do not want to compete with mainlanders for cheaper hotels.
Can always stay in Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon in Jordan area. I used to stay there when it was called Majestic.

I still prefer Langham Place Mongkok for a few days because it is close to action, and because my HK friend will ask me to save money and stay in his place which is a bit further in NT.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the tip, I was really surprised by the hotel price in HK, for the same price in USD, I get a 5-6 star Shangrila in CHina, while in HK I get this crappy, cramp room.

You do not want to compete with mainlanders for cheaper hotels.
Can always stay in Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon in Jordan area. I used to stay there when it was called Majestic.

I still prefer Langham Place Mongkok for a few days because it is close to action, and because my HK friend will ask me to save money and stay in his place which is a bit further in NT.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore Tourism Board Is a Liar to Say Singapore Is a Shopping Heaven

Are you trying to innuendo that Stinkapore PAP and the transmogrified bastards of PAP told the truth all the time and to be a liar is unusual?

BUT STINKAPORE PAP AND ALL THOSE UNDER HER TELL LIES AFTER LIES AFTER LIES HALF THE TIME
THE OTHER HALF THE TIME THEY SPIN AND SPIN AND SPIN MORE LIES IN BETWEEN THEIR SMOKE AND MIRRORS

NEVER ONCE HAVE THE PAP AND SMEAR OF SHIT ON SOLE OF SHOE LKY EVER TOLD US THE TRUTH OR ANYTHING REMOTELY LIKE THE TRUTH

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yeah no brand of the speakers stated, no name of the sinkie shop that was called up and no name of the reputable shop in dubai.

Im not silly enough to take your silly bait....it was a high end brand. If I reveal the name of the sinkie shop and the shop overseas then the sinkie fucktard shop might call the mfr and make trouble....thus ending a good thing for good. Who fuckin cares what you think anyway?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their latest ‘Singapore. See where the world is heading’...

This is a campaign created solely to promote singapore to the philippines....jeez...what a veiled message.....talk about an open invitation to 'head' to singapore.....kills 2 birds with one stone.....holidaymakers and job seekers.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wish to know how long singapore tourism board can continue to cheat tourists that Singapore is a shopping heaven especially if you have this kind of statistics from EIU.

- Over 50 per cent more expensive for clothes. Together with Seoul, the most expensive place in the world to shop for clothes.

In order to protect the reputation of Singapore as shopping heaven, we shall urge PAP government to charge EIU for defamation.

How can most expensive city co-exist with shopping heaven?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
15 to 20 years ago Singapore is still a favorable place as what we claimed "Shopping Heaven".
These days when most of the stuffs are made in China and available online, Singapore already lost it's competitiveness to other less developed countries as a shopping paradise.
Even consumer electronics in Singapore is getting expensive these days.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see much hope of things improving in the retail sector. The greedy PAP insists on increasing costs in Spore e.g. rentals, electricity, ...
Also there are no consumers laws to protect consumers.

I recently visited Sim Lim Square & you can see the impact, many vacant shops. The only way things will ever improve is is if there is a change at the very top i.e. the landlord of Spore.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many retail shops and shopping malls is not equal to shopping haven lah..... when they sell things that are more or less at the same level of functionality and design.:( Shop online better, more innovative products, quality and competitive prices.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see much hope of things improving in the retail sector. The greedy PAP insists on increasing costs in Spore e.g. rentals, electricity, ...
Also there are no consumers laws to protect consumers.

I recently visited Sim Lim Square & you can see the impact, many vacant shops. The only way things will ever improve is is if there is a change at the very top i.e. the landlord of Spore.

The Landlord of Sillypore is extremely greedy.
From hawkers, condos, shopping malls and even office space in prime areas, majority of the properties were developed by them under the disguise of a GLC.
They call the shots for increase in rental and either you take it or leave it.
For local Sinkies who really want to start and sustain their own business, it's getting extremely difficult.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without retailers chopping 'carrot heads' from tourists and locals, how to improve the GDP of Sinkieland? And you know whose salaries are pegged to the GDP. :wink:

TNP_Jover_Chew.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sg is a shopping haven for me. there are many things that i cannot find anywhere in the world except in sg. for example, i can only find jimbo or fei loong shorts in sundry shops in sg. these shorts are made in sg and not in china. it's thin, light, durable, and can last several years. but most important of all, it's airy for my dick and allows expansion and contraction of the pecker freely without inhibition. :p

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Im not silly enough to take your silly bait....it was a high end brand. If I reveal the name of the sinkie shop and the shop overseas then the sinkie fucktard shop might call the mfr and make trouble....thus ending a good thing for good. Who fuckin cares what you think anyway?

what bait? Scroobal you love to give these types of false stories but with no names nothing attached it's all just BS. Get it scroobal?

jw5

Loyal
Chinchai the fucker lah. He typed that post using that moniker on 6 March 2014, nearly one year ago. :biggrin:

what bait? Scroobal you love to give these types of false stories but with no names nothing attached it's all just BS. Get it scroobal?

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGP was never a shopper's paradise.

From the 1980s ppl complain to expensive.

Yesterday in the stupid radio program they asked how get more 'Buzz' in Orchard!!?

Already so crowded they think more people more more money spent in the shop!

BUNCH of idiots -the people whom throng Orchard DO NOT SPEND.

THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE MONEY WON'T GO BCOS TOO CROWDED ]WITH CERTAIN TYPES] AND LOUSY STUFF TOO EXPENSIVE.