• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rental and Resale (All about Rental and Resale prices in Iskandar)

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let’s think a little deeper on where these FDIs would be going:

State Government- Opposition and BN
Penang (Oppo Major), Selangor (Oppo Major), Kelantan (Oppo major)
Johore (BN Major), Perak (BN minor), Trengganu (BN Minor), Kedah (BN Minor), Melaka (BN Major), Negeri Sembilan (BN major), Pahang (BN Major)

Geography and Climate
Which states get monsoon flood ever year and which has got port and road infrastructure readily set up?

If a foreigner apply to set up factory to Malaysian International Trade Industry Ministry, which state would get a better chance?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to know but don't believe anything you read.

If Trump win the election, it will be interesting times for China, see what they do.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Trump win the election, it will be interesting times for China, see what they do.

Don't believe everything Thump said. He just reversed the Muslim entering USA statement.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
China’s ‘One Belt, One Road’ initiatives in Malaysia

By Ryan Khoo / Alpha Marketing, The Edge Property | February 1, 2016 10:00 AM MYT

What does this mean for Iskandar Malaysia?

Iskandar Malaysia, being the earliest beneficiary of Chinese investments, is a step ahead in terms of development progress. By late 2017, we should see the completion of the first Chinese development projects and also the start of construction for the HSR as well as the rapid transit system linking Singapore and Johor Baru. These will bring in the next wave of Chinese investors, which will primarily be in the manufacturing and services sectors. This is on top of the real estate and construction companies that we tend to focus on today.

Property investors in Iskandar Malaysia should be comforted by the fact that it has been a big recipient of the outbound flow of investments from China. This should translate into various economic opportunities, which will unfold over the next decade, and ultimately, bring a favourable outcome for property assets in the region.

Ryan Khoo is co-founder of Singapore-based Alpha Marketing, a real estate investment consultancy that focuses on the Malaysian market, especially Iskandar Malaysia. The views expressed here are his own. He can be contacted at [email protected].

First of all, I am cautious when I read articles written by people with vested interests in Iskandar. Ryan Khoo is one of them. This guy is a Malaysian who decided to come to Singapore with his wife to open his company to market Malaysian properties, of which Iskandar is one of them. He also has a group of Malaysian investors and advised them to buy condos that he was marketing 1-2 years ago.

So be careful when you see stuffs by Alpha Marketing, which is his company.

I am also wary of articles published by "The Edge". You will only hear the good stuffs.

It's not surprising. They earn their money selling Iskandar properties. Ryan Khoo is no different from any salesman.

If some developer tells me they will pay me very well to market their Iskandar condo project, then I will of course vomit out all those bullshit stuffs:

- RMXXX BILLION has already been invested in Iskandar -- It's TOO BIG to fail!
- There are many CATALYTIC FACTORS like Legoland, Gleneagles, many good UK universities, business offices, etc
- Danga Bay and Forest City will be a mini town on their own with soooooo many Chinese investors going in
- Medini will be the future CBD!!!
- The RTS and HSR will be the GAME CHANGER!!!

LAI AH, LAI AH, buy this condo! Sure HUAT AH!!!! You can rent out your 2-bedder in Medini for RM3k a month to ready tenants! (Craps la...)

How often have we heard all these repeated stuffs?

As some here have said, open your eyes big and make your own judgements. The problem is, many (Singaporeans especially!) who bought their Iskandar properties went in blindly. (They may not exist here. I know many here are smart buyers.)

There's nothing intrinsically bad about Iskandar. It really depends on your financial background and purpose. If I were a Malaysian, I want to enjoy my retirement, and RM1mil is peanuts to me, why not? Buy and treat it as a "playhouse" to enjoy. I don't care about its returns.

But if I am a Singaporean, still far from retirement, working hard, no intention to live there, just want to invest, then I will be extremely cautious.

I'm amazed when I heard some Singaporeans even snapped up like 3 condo units (or maybe more?!!) in Iskandar like buying cakes. If they know what they are doing, fine. But from the way they talk, you know it's the uncle coffee shop type -- "I buy because my gut feeling tells me Iskandar will Huat!" Hello, you are possibly locking up your cash reserves, pay your bank interest (if any), taxes, fees, etc for 15 years at a loss! Can you even find tenants and exit when you want to?

I don't see a strong correlation between the Chinese going into Iskandar and property investments doing well, as Ryan mentioned. Think carefully again. If property investing is so simple, everyone will go in based on this news alone.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, I am cautious when I read articles written by people with vested interests in Iskandar. Ryan Khoo is one of them. This guy is a Malaysian who decided to come to Singapore with his wife to open his company to market Malaysian properties, of which Iskandar is one of them. He also has a group of Malaysian investors and advised them to buy condos that he was marketing 1-2 years ago.

I am also wary of articles published by "The Edge". You will only hear the good stuffs.

It's not surprising. They earn their money selling Iskandar properties. Ryan Khoo is no different from any salesman.

If some developer tells me they will pay me very well to market their Iskandar condo project, then I will of course vomit out all those bullshit stuffs:

- There are many CATALYTIC FACTORS like Legoland, Gleneagles, many good UK universities, business offices, etc
- Danga Bay and Forest City will be a mini town on their own with soooooo many Chinese investors going in

LAI AH, LAI AH, buy this condo! Sure HUAT AH!!!! You can rent out your 2-bedder in Medini for RM3k a month to ready tenants! (Craps la...)

As some here have said, open your eyes big and make your own judgements. The problem is, many (Singaporeans especially!) who bought their Iskandar properties went in blindly. (They may not exist here. I know many here are smart buyers.)

There's nothing intrinsically bad about Iskandar. It really depends on your financial background and purpose. If I were a Malaysian, I want to enjoy my retirement, and RM1mil is peanuts to me, why not? Buy and treat it as a "playhouse" to enjoy. I don't care about its returns.

But if I am a Singaporean, still far from retirement, working hard, no intention to live there, just want to invest, then I will be extremely cautious.

I'm amazed when I heard some Singaporeans even snapped up like 3 condo units (or maybe more?!!) in Iskandar like buying cakes. If they know what they are doing, fine. But from the way they talk, you know it's the uncle coffee shop type -- "I buy because my gut feeling tells me Iskandar will Huat!" Hello, you are possibly locking up your cash reserves, pay your bank interest (if any), taxes, fees, etc for 15 years at a loss! Can you even find tenants and exit when you want to?

I don't see a strong correlation between the Chinese going into Iskandar and property investments doing well, as Ryan mentioned. Think carefully again. If property investing is so simple, everyone will go in based on this news alone.

One very wise and funni guy said this :

Dangerous ya ya around here leh..:biggrin:
Follow, you die. No follow you also die. Best is no listen, maybe no die.

Now is the best time to apply what he said.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
One very wise and funni guy said this :

Now is the best time to apply what he said.

Salesman want to make $$$ and commission mah. Property guru also close shop if no transactions lor.
So prata all over. Goreng and more goreng to have interests.

Internet forum same same. Got many barracudas around. Skaly kena bitten also don't know what bit them, lagi say heng ah...lucky I sell early at discount, if not more jialat. After that, barracudas smile like this :biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Salesman want to make $$$ and commission mah. Property guru also close shop if no transactions lor.
So prata all over. Goreng and more goreng to have interests.

Internet forum same same. Got many barracudas around. Skaly kena bitten also don't know what bit them, lagi say heng ah...lucky I sell early at discount, if not more jialat. After that, barracudas smile like this :biggrin:

No 2.6M, I also run road like you.. you run;I run

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condo or landed?

For condo, likely a 3-bedder 1000 to 1300 sq ft.

My friend thinks of renting first before deciding to buy any. The condo rental looks cheap for 3-4 bedder. I thought for rm 1500-1800 could probably get only a studio or master room of a condo.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend thinks of renting first before deciding to buy any. The condo rental looks cheap for 3-4 bedder. I thought for rm 1500-1800 could probably get only a studio or master room of a condo.

Yes, rental is very cheap in Johor, particularly during this slow market. Tenants are spoilt for choices and I believe the rents may fall further once more condos are completed. There will be an oversupply coming up.

There has been a lot of heated discussion about this issue. That's why some argue that it is not worth to invest in Johor condos because landlords will not be able to profit from the cheap rents.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, rental is very cheap in Johor, particularly during this slow market. Tenants are spoilt for choices and I believe the rents may fall further once more condos are completed. There will be an oversupply coming up.

There has been a lot of heated discussion about this issue. That's why some argue that it is not worth to invest in Johor condos because landlords will not be able to profit from the cheap rents.

Thanks for information! I guess expecting appreciation and earning good rental in the next few years would be a stretch but for long term and own stay should be ok imho.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for information! I guess expecting appreciation and earning good rental in the next few years would be a stretch but for long term and own stay should be ok imho.

You're welcome. :smile:

Short to mid term is definitely going to be tough. Long term prospect IMHO is fuzzy. With the oversupply coming up and uncertainties ahead, I can't comment too much.

Johor has lots of land to develop. Own stay is the safest bet.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is part of China's strategy to diversify some of its investments such as manufacturing outside China so that any anti China trade practices would not hit those in foreign countries.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is natural for most real estate agencies whether in Singapore, Malaysia or elsewhere to speak favorably of the markets they are in. Just be aware that those are interested parties.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the horizon residence at bukit indah is selling at very good prices. 1045sft for only RM 450k negotiable. Freehold. Malaysians interested in condo can probably take a look. In medini or pH the price will probably double.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the horizon residence at bukit indah is selling at very good prices. 1045sft for only RM 450k negotiable. Freehold. Malaysians interested in condo can probably take a look. In medini or pH the price will probably double.

Thank you for the update of market price level.