• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rental and Resale (All about Rental and Resale prices in Iskandar)

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Serenity, your friends must be very grateful towards you for your sharing. Apart from the price appreciation of more than 100% based on current prices(paper gain), they still managed to get very good rental yield at present. Is your own semiD rented out partially or fully furnished? RM10k is also a very good yield if yours is also partially furnished only. By the way, congrats for getting such a good tenant since 2012, you must be really happy :wink: So do you have any intention at all to ever stay in EL yourself?

My semiD was rented out as partial furnished, had a very good and understanding Aussie tenant, he requested to put up mosquitoes screening and offered to share half the cost, and will leave behind when the lease is up, and I agreed. Landlord and tenant need to built a good relationship, it will make things a lot easier when comes to minor repairs, who to bear the cost, even though it was clearly spelt out that below RM500 is borne by tenant in the agreement. (my wet kitchen glass on the wall was broken and I investigated that to be design problem by contractor and I bore the cost of replacing it instead of pinpoint fault at tenant and ask him to pay)

Well, semiD is just too big for me and my wife to stay, will retire in my 2 rooms Puteri Harbour condo Teega, easier to take care and enjoy waterfront living.

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
10k a month for 750k , can get back capital in less than 8 year. that's pretty awesome.

Provided you buy at low price & as they say "early bird catches the worm"!! but at the current developer selling price you can't event cover the loan interest!!!!!!!!!!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sharing my rental here, I've rented out my East Ledang's semi detached at RM11,000 per month(partly furnished, in fact almost empty unit with only built-in kitchen cabinet with microwave and oven, wardrobes, washer and dryer..). Top right hand corner shows the official stamping of government authority on the Tenancy Agreement.
1920183_10152063113664667_963746062_n.jpg

P.S. Presently, only a small group of people, out of the total population of more than 35 mil in both Malaysia and Singapore, who are involved in the transactions of such newly emerged high-end residences in Iskandar know that such rental in Iskandar exist. If you're reading this, you've just joined this small group :wink:

Rental rates have fallen quite a lot as compared to early 2014 when I made the post above.

Since a few months ago, I heard that some SemiDs in East Ledang were being rented out at as low as RM7k-RM8k(partly furnished).

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental rates have fallen quite a lot as compared to early 2014 when I made the post above.

Since a few months ago, I heard that some SemiDs in East Ledang were being rented out at as low as RM7k-RM8k(partly furnished).

Yes... Lower rentals and at lower exchange rates too.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought if want to sell ,better to wait for 6 yrs ?as subjected to taxes from government?thou the oversupply will come in the next few years,we only see more supply after their 6yrs of their SNP date?unless you damn desperate?

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor, first of all Happy New Year 2015 and Congrats to your foresight!!

Guess I am a little late...hopefully better than not making any moves...........Lets make this page a more active page:smile:

For my own interests, I am in the process of doing up my Nusa Sentral Terrace - what is the advice for renting this good piece of properties out??

Thanks!!

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guess I am a little late...hopefully better than not making any moves...........Lets make this page a more active page:smile:

For my own interests, I am in the process of doing up my Nusa Sentral Terrace - what is the advice for renting this good piece of properties out??

Thanks!!

Happy New Year to you too! Congrats on your unit and i am sure you can rent it out soon after some basic renovation. How much rental rate you plan to charge on tenant?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks!!

Hi Comfy,

Thanks for your well wishes and I wish you and your loved ones a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2015 too.

Just curious, when did you start reading this forum? I didn't post for a very long time already and I don't remember that we've ever spoken to each other(hehe sorry).

For rental rates, you can check out popular property websites to see what amount all your neighbours are asking for and decide on your asking price. Prices vary for different type of furnishings. My 2 cents is that if your unit is presently empty, just do partly furnish(Kitchen Cabinet with oven and microwave, wardrobes, water heaters, curtains or blinds, simple mirrors). All the best and good luck to you.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renting out my Austin Heights semid for rm2500 a mth for 2 years...a bit low but no choice as been trying since August last year...

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Investor for your reply - yes, I will do a partial and wait for the tenants to ask then add fixtures according...

Am looking for 2500-2800 for a Furnished unit in Nusa Sentral - which is next to both Horizon Hill and Tradeswind.

Hi Comfy,

Thanks for your well wishes and I wish you and your loved ones a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2015 too.

Just curious, when did you start reading this forum? I didn't post for a very long time already and I don't remember that we've ever spoken to each other(hehe sorry).

For rental rates, you can check out popular property websites to see what amount all your neighbours are asking for and decide on your asking price. Prices vary for different type of furnishings. My 2 cents is that if your unit is presently empty, just do partly furnish(Kitchen Cabinet with oven and microwave, wardrobes, water heaters, curtains or blinds, simple mirrors). All the best and good luck to you.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sharing my rental here, I've rented out my East Ledang's semi detached at RM11,000 per month(partly furnished, in fact almost empty unit with only built-in kitchen cabinet with microwave and oven, wardrobes, washer and dryer..). Top right hand corner shows the official stamping of government authority on the Tenancy Agreement.
1920183_10152063113664667_963746062_n.jpg

P.S. Presently, only a small group of people, out of the total population of more than 35 mil in both Malaysia and Singapore, who are involved in the transactions of such newly emerged high-end residences in Iskandar know that such rental in Iskandar exist. If you're reading this, you've just joined this small group :wink:

Have to be honest here. Average rent has roughly dropped to around half of what I've gotten in 2013.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a very important question here: hope some kind soul can give advice:

If I sell a condo, the purchaser will pay the balance 90% of sale price to owner or to the lawyers who act as Stakeholder?

Skarly the lawyer run road? Then how? Is it standard practice in M'sia?

TIA

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a very important question here: hope some kind soul can give advice:

If I sell a condo, the purchaser will pay the balance 90% of sale price to owner or to the lawyers who act as Stakeholder?

Skarly the lawyer run road? Then how? Is it standard practice in M'sia?

TIA

Then you find our own trusted lawyer la :smile:

I supposed your buyer is paying cash.
Actually you can ask the buyer to prepare a cashier's order payable in your name.
Then the cheque is given to the buyer's lawyer who in turn give it to your lawyer.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for yr kind response Tekkun!
The buyer is on bank loan which is still waiting for approval.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am using buyer's lawyer which is also the agent's lawyer to save cost. The buyer will issue the balance 90% to lawyer company.
They will hold it as stakeholder until 90 days later + 30 days extended time, after which they will then issue the cheque to seller. What I want to know at this stage is: Is it the normal practice in M'sia? If so, then I will have to accept the terms.

Then you find our own trusted lawyer la :smile:

I supposed your buyer is paying cash.
Actually you can ask the buyer to prepare a cashier's order payable in your name.
Then the cheque is given to the buyer's lawyer who in turn give it to your lawyer.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I supposed anyone can post it here, the forum is a virtual meeting place of sorts, better than some real friends in some ways who are somewhat more conservative, the forum is faceless, so pple more willing to share I guess.

cannot post own property for rent/sale here?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for yr kind response Tekkun!
The buyer is on bank loan which is still waiting for approval.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am using buyer's lawyer which is also the agent's lawyer to save cost. The buyer will issue the balance 90% to lawyer company.
They will hold it as stakeholder until 90 days later + 30 days extended time, after which they will then issue the cheque to seller. What I want to know at this stage is: Is it the normal practice in M'sia? If so, then I will have to accept the terms.

I normally find my own lawyer cos it is better for 2 lawyers to cross check everything. And the banker's lawyers also will check before releasing money. It is normal to have a stakeholder lawyer. Basically it is to hold the money / property during the transition of changing names and payment. If the lawyer is a big reputable firm, then no problems. If small timer, then have to be a bit careful.