• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Train services on Circle Line delayed due to signal fault

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ish dis even news...nxt time neber breakdown den ish news...:biggrin::biggrin:

[h=2]Train services on the Circle Line were disrupted on Thursday morning, with commuters from Paya Lebar to Dhoby Ghaut MRT stations experiencing delays, in the third slowdown this week.[/h][h=2]
public-transport-mrt.jpg
file image: Singapore MRT train (photo: Joey Liew/channelnewsasia.com)

SINGAPORE: Train services on the Circle Line were disrupted on Thursday morning, with commuters from Paya Lebar to Dhoby Ghaut MRT stations experiencing delays.
SMRT attributed the delays to a signal fault, as it informed commuters via its Twitter feed to add an estimated 20 minutes of extra travel time.
In its latest Twitter update, SMRT said train services from Paya Lebar towards Dhoby Ghaut MRT station are back up and operating normally.
Thursday morning's slowdown was the third this week.

On Tuesday night, a track fault slowed down services on the North-South Line, affecting commuters from Ang Mo Kio to Marina Bay MRT stations.

On Monday morning, train service along the North-South Line was similarly disrupted due to a "track circuit failure" between Yew Tee and Kranji MRT stations.

- CNA/nd
[/h]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time to update that picture again: 'Decline of MRT after GE 2011'.

I think you need to expand the picture to A4 size soon.

1932468_10201997972525706_336994107_n.jpg

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the elites are NOT even trying, just draw high salaries until GE2016 where DEFEAT seems imminent then emigrate en masses with their assets leaving the major mess, headache and total meltdown for WP & SDP coalition to inherit.

The British colonial masters at least left behind a working/well run civil service and infrastructure for LKY to then claim credit for!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The British colonial masters at least left behind a working/well run civil service and infrastructure for LKY to then claim credit for!

When the British were running things, this place was still fishing village. :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...et=a.10152161395883529.1073741896.89175368528

NDPeeps
Joelyn Tan Yi Lin, 14, Choa Chu Kang

Progressing Towards a Global City Together

"I have used the hour glass to depict how Singapore has developed over the years. Singapore first started off as a small fishing village into the well-modern city we see today.

I have learnt through Social Studies lessons that it was a long and challenging journey for us. All these are hard work and contributions made by our ancestors and leaders. Bit by bit, they persevered on to create a global city.

Just like these heroes, I have big dreams. I want to become a great dancer and an artist to contribute and be part of Singapore's vision in becoming the global city of the Arts. It will be a long journey like what Singapore has been through but I believe I can do the same to fulfil my dreams."

Propaganda is best served to impressionable young minds. :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was thinking of going to the IT show but have decided to play it safe and avoid using the circle line. Just imagine getting stuck in a packed train :eek:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is really not SMRT and SBS Transit's fault! It the fault of Char Siew! This is the third breakdown since he last made this statement less than a fortnight ago. And he conveniently went MIA after the second breakdown. Well, actually he was online during the second breakdown but he never post anything before he logged out. :p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There was no disruption or breakdown of any of the trains. All they did was slow down a bit. What's wrong with that? We all slow down once in a while especially when we get older.

ChenHaoNan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unable to keep up with the number of breakdowns or slow downs or whatever the fuck they called it... Sibei tiring..

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahhh Kuek doesnt care anymore. He also knows there's nothing he can do unless the population is reduced thereby bringing less stresses on the transport network. But nope, not going to happen. So he also just twiddle his thumb.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for Desmond....more bonus coming for him.
KPI =more breakdowns means better service.
ROFL.....
The world is watching.Uniquely Singapore !

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day there will be a news report stating that there were NO disruptions in that particular day. That would be newsworthy indeed.

underMIND

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here we go again.. same old shit again!! It is getting bad to worse man... there were signs that they system cant tahan alrd.. still never take actions

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MRT delays and breakdowns can file under one thread.
If every delay and breakdown start new thread I think will clog up the first few pages of this forum.
Anyway gong cheebye sinkies already used to it so no longer newsworthy.