• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to generate monthly $1k using $300K

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can anyone advise how to invest $300K to generate about $1k monthly , which is my monthly expense. Which investment can have a safe 3-4% returns ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can anyone advise how to invest $300K to generate about $1k monthly , which is my monthly expense. Which investment can have a safe 3-4% returns ?

Apply for legal money Lender license. Think one or two month, can hit target liaoz. No need wait one year. 3-4%.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can consider the preference shares of ocbc at about 5% per year or DBS at 4.75. I think is pretty safe.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apply for legal money Lender license. Think one or two month, can hit target liaoz. No need wait one year. 3-4%.

legal money lending need to apply, pay fees, maybe also need undertable $, plus open shop rental etc, end up left not much money to lend.

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Open a car rental company, buy cars/vans/pickups with 1-2 years life remaining before scraping and you are in business.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can consider the preference shares of ocbc at about 5% per year or DBS at 4.75. I think is pretty safe.

the preference shares you mentioned is ocbc will help us to invest in other companys shares or the ocbc shares itself ?

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Open a car rental company, buy cars/vans/pickups with 1-2 years life remaining before scraping and you are in business.

$300k is too little to do car renting business. Paying rental of shop left not much to purchase the vehicles, maybe 2-3 fleet max.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there's one REIT that's based on electric power supplied to S'pore............6% a year before tax............price is 1 dollar plus.........

definitely safer than property REITs.............of course in recession, power use will drop and dividend will drop........

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

come, come. park that 300K with me and i can pass you that 1K/month :smile::smile::smile:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come, come. park that 300K with me and i can pass you that 1K/month :smile::smile::smile:

Can ,but I when want back my $300k anytime when in need. If you refuse to pay me back, I will not hesitate to chop you into 300 parts becos the $300K is more important than my own life :smile: deal ?

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's one REIT that's based on electric power supplied to S'pore............6% a year before tax............price is 1 dollar plus.........

definitely safer than property REITs.............of course in recession, power use will drop and dividend will drop........
OK, will research in this. thanks

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah... put inside fix D rates also not so high loh. how can any time want it back? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

well, we can workout a maturity date , if I need it back before maturity, I will need to compensate some from the principal amount. Else you can chop me too :smile: