• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek to sell Shin Corp stake to Sintel

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Temasek seeks to sell $3.1 billion stake in Thailand's Shin Corp to SingTel: source Reuters.

I remember in 2006 Whore Jinz paid $4.5b for the Shin Corp stake to Thug Shin which triggered his downfall.

More of your CPF money is going up in smoke.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Temasek seeks to sell $3.1 billion stake in Thailand's Shin Corp to SingTel: source Reuters.

I remember in 2006 Whore Jinz paid $4.5b for the Shin Corp stake to Thug Shin which triggered his downfall.

i hope thaksin learn his lesson.. it is risky to associate himself with a sinkie.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its Loose Change to Temasick.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Damn it !!

Give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 NOWWWW !!!:mad:

To us ordinary citizens, it is our blood and sweat money from years of toiling !!:mad:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is SINKTel not SINTel

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Singtel will buy it for $4.5B?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe Singtel will buy it for $4.5B?

In 2006 US$1=S$1.6 plus. Today's rate is around 1.26.

Purchase price of $4.5b was in USD.

Sinktel's CEO is Miss Chua a daughter of former cabinet minister Chua Sian Chin so kaki eh lang anything also can.

Only Sinktel shareholders suffer lor.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Damn it !!

Give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 NOWWWW !!!:mad:

To us ordinary citizens, it is our blood and sweat money from years of toiling !!:mad:

1898179_630267533676912_1471115354_n.png

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

all these people are real hopeless investors, invest in any country also lost big money...offhand can recall Thailand Shincorp, Indonesia telecom, Australia childcare centre, USA banks, UK rent control property, think only China bank/telecom made some money...like that how to have nett gain?

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In 2006 US$1=S$1.6 plus. Today's rate is around 1.26.

Purchase price of $4.5b was in USD.

Sinktel's CEO is Miss Chua a daughter of former cabinet minister Chua Sian Chin so kaki eh lang anything also can.

Only Sinktel shareholders suffer lor.

It's Mati Kita then; Not Mari Kita, as was in our NationaL Anthem..:(:eek:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In 2006, Temasek led a group of investors including Surin Upatkoon, a Chinese-Thai businessman, that bought 96 percent of Shin Corp for USD$3.8 billion.

In 2014, selling 41.6% at USD$3.1b at curent market value.

I would say, there was money made, no?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I had to revisit this thread as a prime example of how Temasek claims to "make" money. They have been trying to sell the stake in Shin Corp for a while but there was no takers. So, they arrow Singtel (majority owned by Temasek) to buy the Shin Corp shares from them. The time line should be as follows:

- Temasek wants to off load the Shin Corp shares but no takers.
- Temasek can only get rid of those shares if they sell it for a lot less and turn their paper loss into an actual loss.
- Temasek than arrows one of its own subsidiaries, SIngtel to buy the shares at the price they want.
- Singtel ends up paying too much for shares it neither wanted nor asked for. bad for Singtel shareholders.
- Temasek reports a nice gain from the sale
- Temasek auditors treat the sale as revenues from capital asset disposition and reports nice income.
- End result is no money made at all. If Temasek sold to an impartial 3rd party, than the proceeds can be pocketed as actual revenues/capital gains. But one hand sell to the other end, at the end of the day creates no income.

Like this also can? The worse part is that the auditors will sign off on it and say that Temasek actually made some money.

Last edited: