• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, this matter won't be revealed because it had involved much of the CPF funds as well. It's a well known fact, which you can ask almost every Singaporean. If Singapore had become more risk adverse, why still invests in Tianjin and Chongqing?

If it is not revealed then what is the basis for it to be a known fact?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, for those who are pro-China, I sincerely wish that Malaysia will eventually benefit from their investments with the Chinese, be they industrial, property or others.

1 thing that puzzles me is that why doesn't Penang (and Butterworth for that matter since many will also counter argue that Penang's land is limited) does not receive the lion's share of FDIs from China since it is predominantly under the Malaysian Chinese's DAP control. So, it seems that the Malaysian Malays are more receptive to the Chinese, rather than the Malaysian Chinese. There should be a motive behind this.

Again you should investigate first.

Jinko Solar has invested US$100 million (RM363.21 million) at their plant in Perai while JA Solar invested RM300 million for their factory in Bayan Lepas here.

- See more at: http://m.thesundaily.my/node/334755#sthash.ucBk8TDv.dpuf

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, for those who are pro-China, I sincerely wish that Malaysia will eventually benefit from their investments with the Chinese, be they industrial, property or others.

1 thing that puzzles me is that why doesn't Penang (and Butterworth for that matter since many will also counter argue that Penang's land is limited) does not receive the lion's share of FDIs from China since it is predominantly under the Malaysian Chinese's DAP control. So, it seems that the Malaysian Malays are more receptive to the Chinese, rather than the Malaysian Chinese. There should be a motive behind this.

Again you should investigate first.

Jinko Solar has invested US$100 million (RM363.21 million) at their plant in Perai while JA Solar invested RM300 million for their factory in Bayan Lepas here.

Also the second Penang bridge is being built by prc contractor.

GEORGE TOWN: Chinese ambassador to Malaysia Dr Huang Huikang is committed to bring in more investments to Penang and the country.

http://m.thesundaily.my/node/334755

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is not revealed then what is the basis for it to be a known fact?
During that time, I had also visited my Taiwanese clients in nearby Kunshan. Even they had also told me as such. How much further can you tolerate when a similar replica industrial park was being built right next to it and being leased at half the price? Another business associate whom I had met in Yunnan had also told me the same thing.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political ideology and issues are more susceptible to propaganda but news, events and economy are less proned. To me some 90% of western media are propaganda platforms. I find it weird that I being a Chinese have to rely on western propaganda to understand China myself. If one admires the west or japanese a great deal, first thing you ought to learn from them is that the japs and westerners don't rely on China propaganda to understand their people's affairs.

Further, what is the brain for? Couldn't one use his or her brain a bit to make some assessment whether a piece of infor is propaganda or not?
I don't think we need to delve too much on this here as this is after all, a Property News thread. I want to give you a word of advice: If you can convince the Hongkongers and Taiwanese to come to accept China, I will readily salute to you. Don't tell me those Hongkongers and Taiwanese are also brainless or blind?

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to refrain from commenting on these PRC investments all these while. Anyway, let's share the information.
I suspect the PRC industrial cooperation, HSR, the mass condos in JB and KL (Country Garden Semenyih), the Forest City, International schools are all linked. Once all are ready, it will be unleashed. I do not think there's anyone who can stop the PRC from coming here.

Even the Confucius College has already been set up in University Malaya http://kongzium.edu.my/

I think the philosophy that excessive is not desirable, that moderation, low keyed are preferred, guided the prc outbound investments. The bigger the tree, the bigger the pressure from the wind....thus balance and hormony is preferable.

Found one more state(in addition to Johor, KL, Penang, Pahang) where China has sizable investment:

MALACCA - China's investment of US$10bil (RM43 billion or S$14 billion) in the Malacca Gateway project can further spur the growth of seaports in the country to be on par with harbours in the region, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/14b-investment-malacca-gateway-boost-malaysia-malaysia-transports-minister

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think we need to delve too much on this here as this is after all, a Property News thread. I want to give you a word of advice: If you can convince the Hongkongers and Taiwanese to come to accept China, I will readily salute to you. Don't tell me those Hongkongers and Taiwanese are also brainless or blind?

It is not my job to convince anyone. As far as I am concerned, some hongkongers and Taiwanese could believe in whatever they like, no loss for anyone I believe.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
During that time, I had also visited my Taiwanese clients in nearby Kunshan. Even they had also told me as such. How much further can you tolerate when a similar replica industrial park was being built right next to it and being leased at half the price? Another business associate whom I had met in Yunnan had also told me the same thing.

I am curious why singapore keeps pouring in investments into China when things are so bad for singapore in China. Doesn't singapore has the freedom to invest anywhere?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very normal to have your own workers to work on your project. Why need to train new workers with cultural and language barriers?
Don't look down on these PRC contractors. Mah Sing is using them for Meridin project. Even in KLCC, the new Four Season Hotel as well as the W Hotel are using PRC Contractors too.

Wow this is a first! As far as Singapore is concerned, we all know the standard of PRC contractors, everytime something goes wrong in any construction "Tiong contractors" is always always the first target, even the whole world knows this. l guess you can say anything and even twist black to white just to make a point.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow this is a first! As far as Singapore is concerned, we all know the standard of PRC contractors, everytime something goes wrong in any construction "Tiong contractors" is always always the first target, even the whole world knows this. l guess you can say anything and even twist black to white just to make a point.

As far as Malaysia is concerned, these PRC contractors are all here and physically at the sites. And the building developers are happy to employ them. Still not happy?

How about this? Black is black, white is white. facts are facts unless you choose to be blind.

MCC Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd (the “Company”), a subsidiary of Metallurgy Corporation of China Ltd listed in Hong Kong and Shanghai Exchange, is a developer and engineering services provider in Singapore. A Fortune 500 company, the Company has been instrumental in shaping the city landscape of Singapore by being involved in the building of numerous notable landmarks, including Universal Studios at Resorts World Sentosa and the Keppel Distripark and HDB BTO projects.

These projects have quality problems? Or is it Singapore authorities are in cahoot with them.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also the second Penang bridge is being built by prc contractor.
Don't be so naive. You do have a brain right? You think the construction of the 2nd Penang bridge benefits Malaysia more than China? Think again.

China gave Malaysia loans for this project at much higher rate than would have been the standard practice. This is usually the case from the Tiongs. 1 example is the HSR between Jakarta & Bandung, which is 0.1% (Japanese) vs 2% (Tiongs). Why higher rate and still be successful? That's because they dare to offer higher loan amounts and also without a need of the recipient's government guarantee.

In addition, they will use mostly their workers from Tiongland even for those manual works, thus depriving the local Malaysians from such jobs. The Tiongland workers are not only cheaper, but are also advantages because their wages will be repatriated back to Tiongland at the end of the day. It also provided those much needed jobs for their own people. So, Malaysia had been much disadvantaged in these aspects. In summary, Malaysia is not only paying more for their loans, but at the same time was also giving more jobs to their people. Everything that the Chinks does is for money. They will not come to you if they think they cannot reap any economical benefits out from it. That is why they have never been successful in India because both are equally deceiving.

For decades, China has been dumping their cheap exports to countries around the world at below market prices (due to their own government subsidies) and caused high local unemployment due to factory closures because of unfair trade competition.

The world has been enriching China with their cheap exports and now, they would want to do the same with their cheap labors. Those monthly trade surpluses which China have with the world should instill these facts into your brain.

Although I may not like Donald Trump, but if I were an American, I will still vote for him because presently, he's the only Presidential candidate who seems to dare to directly confront China about these unfair trade practices.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not my job to convince anyone.
Of course it is not your job because you can't achieve at all. Who are you to teach them? Those anti-China Hongkongers and Taiwanese have better logic in their thoughts and analysis than you. It is already infamous for the Tiongs to practice suppression towards those countries which they don't like or they cannot work with, especially against those weaker ones.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am curious why singapore keeps pouring in investments into China when things are so bad for singapore in China. Doesn't singapore has the freedom to invest anywhere?
Again you are so naive. Of course not all investments in China are loss making. They are there for various reasons: cheaper labor (but is becoming more competitive now), domestic market penetration (we all know that Tiongland is a "closed" market), marketing strategies (which establishment wouldn't want to have a place at the world's 2nd largest economy if given a chance. I know of some Singapore companies which are there despite at a loss for this very reason), etc.

I was at the recent ComfortDelgo AGM. The Chairman told the shareholders that China had unexpectedly imposed a mandatory 1-time payout benefits to all its taxi drivers (saying to help them to overcome the present hard time) at a local province, thus incurring unnecessary added cost to its operation. Also, they had insisted on ComfortDelgo to use only petrol driven vehicles if they want to have the license to operate, again incurring much higher operating costs against their local taxi companies, which are allowed to use the cheaper LNG.

I will stop feeding you with more of these because the onus will be on you to do it yourself and also, I repeat, this is a Property News thread. Have some respect for the other forumers here. Enough said.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as Malaysia is concerned, these PRC contractors are all here and physically at the sites. And the building developers are happy to employ them. Still not happy?

How about this? Black is black, white is white. facts are facts unless you choose to be blind.

MCC Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd (the “Company”), a subsidiary of Metallurgy Corporation of China Ltd listed in Hong Kong and Shanghai Exchange, is a developer and engineering services provider in Singapore. A Fortune 500 company, the Company has been instrumental in shaping the city landscape of Singapore by being involved in the building of numerous notable landmarks, including Universal Studios at Resorts World Sentosa and the Keppel Distripark and HDB BTO projects.

These projects have quality problems? Or is it Singapore authorities are in cahoot with them.

Please lah they are usually lowest bidder and facts are Tiong contractors have the worst construction track records, Singapore is not Malaysia where contracts are awarded based in being in cahoots, hence your thinking, to me they are awarded contracts based on lowest price.

Oh yes, many Singapore projects have problems with China developments, one of the most infamous ones was the 1.2m corridor recently. Facts are facts.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah they are usually lowest bidder and facts are Tiong contractors have the worst construction track records, Singapore is not Malaysia where contracts are awarded based in being in cahoots, hence your thinking, to me they are awarded contracts based on lowest price.

Oh yes, many Singapore projects have problems with China developments, one of the most infamous ones was the 1.2m corridor recently. Facts are facts.

The building plans are approved by BCA. The contractors build according to the approved plans. Any deviation is considered as non conformance. The BCA is a statutory board under the Ministry of National Development which is helmed by Minister Khaw Boon Wan.

Want more facts?

HDB fire escape.jpg

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The building plans are approved by BCA. The contractors build according to the approved plans. Any deviation is considered as non conformance. The BCA is a statutory board under the Ministry of National Development which is helmed by Minister Khaw Boon Wan.

Want more facts?

View attachment 26578

A guideline without common sense. Get screwed by $8 ah khaw. :p

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any Infrastructure Built regardless of it built by whom(Company or its workers) will inevitably benefit the people.
It will generate jobs, economic activities, boost transport links, urbanization etc etc.
ULU - Rural (Bare land/Forest) better? lol

:confused: