• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also want to buy $10 million bungalow if bank willing to lend me, everyone also have demand for $10 million homes but is that really the case? since the banks don't lend....Sure if credit is easy everybody can buy high price, the fact that if bank don't loan, the property price cannot appreciate.

I small fly, buy RM1 million property also leg will wobble, don't say RM10 million. So personally I have no real demand for 10 million dollar homes. At most is wishful thinking nia...I would not translate my wish to a demand. Wish is not counted as real demand.:p

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, no loans! You even more lucky! Very true about the actual price, after the rebate the price is RM548psf which I think quite OK lor. We got ourselves a top floor unit but it was my wife's choice unit. I would have preferred to have a balcony that looked outward but she preferred an inward pool facing view. But look down from top floor the pool is very small leh...anyway she's the boss....LOL!

Top floor normally beri hot one. em..didn't know there already selling 5++psf..:p

my neighbor starting to kpkb about his room that facing the west sun (not so direct one)..

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top floor normally beri hot one. em..didn't know there already selling 5++psf..:p

Very hot meaning sun shine until shio shio is it? Or you mean very high demand? High heat not same as high demand. LOL!

But from high floor only I can throw things below, nobody will throw things from above.:biggrin: Unless bird shit. LOL!

Only after discount then 500+psf.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very hot meaning sun shine until shio shio is it? Or you mean very high demand? High heat not same as high demand. LOL!

But from high floor only I can throw things below, nobody will throw things from above.:biggrin: Unless bird shit. LOL!

Only after discount then 500+psf.

Maybe you'll face dissipation of heat issue.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah? What is that? Dumb down to layman can?

Never mind, got roof spa on roof top....I stay on highest floor go there chope spa pool. :biggrin:

He probably meant that top floor is just below the roof, which bear the blunt of the sun for whole day, and the heat is slow to dissipate and will be hot throughout the night. If yours is just right below the spa pool then should be cool. Just make sure the roof water proofing is done properly.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pacific Star still bullish on Iskandar Malaysia
By Michael Lim / The Edge Property | November 17, 2015 10:00 AM MYT

Those who have always wanted a waterfront and marina-facing condominium but feel they cannot afford the prices at Sentosa Cove now have an alternative option — Puteri Cove Residences at Puteri Harbour in Iskandar Malaysia.

Priced at an average of RM1,300 psf ($425 psf), Puteri Cove Residences is one-third to one-fourth the prices of condos in Sentosa Cove, which are $1,493 to $1,693 psf today. Even though prices in Sentosa Cove have softened, the Malaysian ringgit has depreciated even further against the Singapore dollar — by an estimated 20% since last year, according to property analysts.

Does this make Puteri Cove Residences a compelling buy? According to Glen Chan, president and CEO of Pacific Star, there has been a spike in enquiries from Malaysians, Singaporeans and other foreign investors. “Buyers are starting to see value and recognise that the ringgit will not remain at these levels forever,” he adds.

The weak ringgit against the Singapore dollar today is a double-edged sword: On the one hand, it could bounce back. On the other hand, some fear that it might sink lower. “Even at RM3 to $1, some Singaporean buyers, especially investors, are afraid to come in, as they are concerned that the ringgit could depreciate further,” says Ivan Hoh, managing director of PropNex International. “Those who are buying for their own use and taking a longerterm view are more likely to enter the market.”

Pacific Star and DB2 Group, a privately held boutique developer, purchased the 340,000 sq ft freehold site in Puteri Harbour in 2011. Construction is under way for the development of the mixed-use project, which contains three 33-storey towers that make up Puteri Cove Residences and Quayside, with a five-storey podium fronting the marina. The podium comprises 56 waterfront small office/home office units on the three upper levels and retail units on the lower two floors.

The marina will be developed by UEM Sunrise, the master plan developer of Nusajaya, and construction is expected to start in 2Q2016. There will be a total of 300 berths when the marina is completed, and it will be operated by ONE°15, the same operator for ONE°15 Marina Club in Sentosa Cove. “We are in talks with the marina operator to have 30 berths assigned exclusively for our residents’ use,” says Pacific Star’s Chan.

Forging ahead

On Oct 19, Pacific Star announced that it had secured Pan Pacific Hotels Group, UOL Group’s hospitality subsidiary, to operate its Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Puteri Harbour for 10 years. This marks the second collaboration between Pacific Star and Pan Pacific in Southeast Asia. The first was Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Bangkok, located at Pacific Star’s mixed-use development, Eight Thonglor, in the prime Sukhumvit area.

Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Puteri Harbour will occupy 205 units spanning 16 floors within the 340-unit Tower 3 of Puteri Cove Residences. It will have a mix of studio, and oneand two-bedroom apartments to cater for the needs of short- and extended-stay professionals and expatriates working in Iskandar Malaysia. The remaining 135 units within the tower will be fully furnished and leased out as apartments to longer-term tenants, according to Pacific Star’s Chan.

Towers 1 and 2 are twin towers containing 329 units each. Launched for sale two years ago, 400 units have been sold so far, comprising 70% of the units in Tower 1 and 30% of the units in Tower 2. The average price achieved was RM1,300 psf. According to Pacific Star, 50% of the buyers were Singaporeans, 20% were Malaysians and 10% were Indonesians. The rest came from 25 different countries.

To entice buyers, Pacific Star offered a 12% rental guarantee over two years for a selection of 50 residential units and a 19.5% rental return over three years for the 79 strata retail units in March. However, both offers were scrapped a month later. The developer said the residential scheme was not popular with buyers, as they were mainly buying for their own use. It also cancelled plans to sell the 79 retail units and is holding them as investment property for lease instead. There are plans to bring in anchor tenants, such as a high-end gourmet grocer, convenience stores, medical clinics, restaurants, cafés and bars that will complement the marina lifestyle, as well as services that will meet the needs of residents, says Chan.

As for the remaining 258 residential units, there are plans to launch the project at roadshows in China, Taiwan and Indonesia later this month and next month. There are also plans to launch the project in Japan in 1Q2016.

With the construction of Puteri Cove Residences and Quayside well under way, Pacific Star decided to divest its share in the project. Singapore-listed Chinese mobile solutions company Longcheer Holdings agreed to acquire Pacific Star’s 51% stake in Twin Prosperity Group and its subsidiaries. Twin Prosperity owns Pearl Discovery Development Sdn Bhd, the registered proprietor of the land and buildings of Puteri Cove Residences and Quayside. The purchase price amounted to $120 million to $150 million in a cash-cum-share transaction. The deal is expected to be concluded by Dec 31. Meanwhile, the remaining 49% stake in Twin Prosperity will still be held by Pacific Star’s joint-venture partner, DB2.

“It looks like we’re exiting, but we’re not,” says Chan. “Our ambition is to be listed and to position our company as a developer of premium mixed-use projects in major Asean cities such as Bangkok, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.”

The three towers of Puteri Cove Residences and Quayside with a five-storey podium fronting the marina that features small office/home, office and retail units
s26vsm.jpg

Oversupply in Iskandar?

Many property consultants believe that there is a potential oversupply in Iskandar Malaysia, especially following the entry of Chinese developers such as Country Garden Holdings, China Vanke, Greenland Group and Guangzhou R&F Properties.

The upcoming supply numbers are staggering. As at end-December 2014, the housing stock in Johor stood at 719,421 units, according to the Malaysian Property Information Centre. About 142,570 units are in the pipeline for completion over the next few years. This figure excludes another “planned supply” of 193,271 units, which have been approved but have yet to be constructed.

Around 80,900 units of this planned supply have been approved for high-rise residences within Iskandar Malaysia alone, says Peter Lim, managing director of Pierre International Realty. The combined pipeline completion and planned supply figures total 335,838 units, or 46.7% of the total housing stock in Johor as at end-2014, he adds.

Singapore’s residential market is also facing an oversupply over the next few years, with the vacancy rate expected to hit 10% by year-end and rise further to 15% by 2017, estimates Ku Swee Yong, CEO of Century 21 Singapore. Therefore, he foresees no spillover of demand from Singapore into Iskandar Malaysia, especially with the total debt servicing ratio in place.

Meanwhile, oversupply in Iskandar has caused some developers to return to the drawing board to revise their development schemes. An example is Singapore-listed Rowsley, an investment vehicle controlled by billionaire Peter Lim. It had purchased a 27-acre site in Iskandar Malaysia for its Vantage Bay project, which was originally a mixed-use township with residential, commercial and lifestyle components. Rowsley announced in September that it was repositioning the development as Vantage Bay Healthcare City, with a mix of medical and wellness centres, as well as serviced apartments.

“We are beginning to see the market adjust and differentiate itself, instead of just developing high-end residential projects with a herd instinct,” says Donal d Han, managing director of Chesterton Singapore. “Some developers have started to scale down residential construction, while others have opted to defer their construction schedule. This adjustment may take two to three years before the oversupply of high-end residential reaches a realistic level that will meet real demand.”

Chan does not believe, however, that there is an oversupply in Iskandar Malaysia. In fact, he remains “optimistic of Iskandar Malaysia’s long-term prospects as its population grows”, he says. There is Gerbang Nusajaya, a massive area covering 4,551 acres that will be developed over 25 years. Some of the projects that are under development there are Ascendas- UEM Sunrise’s 210ha Nusajaya Tech Park and FASTrack Autosports, developed by billionaire Lim, the Sultan of Johor and UEM Sunrise.

The first phase of Nusajaya Tech Park is expected to be operationally ready by end- 1Q2016. There are a total of 43 freehold factories and 12 land plots for sale in Phase 1, of which Ascendas has reportedly sold 73%.

“When the factories are up and running at Nusajaya Tech Park, they will create jobs. This means more people will be moving to Iskandar Malaysia and in need of a place to stay,” reckons Pacific Star’s Chan.

The presence of 12 universities and colleges in Iskandar Malaysia’s EduCity, along with Pinewood Studios and Gleneagles Hospital, is also expected to provide demand for homes in Nusajaya. “The fact is that residential supply exceeds demand,” says Pierre International’s Lim. “Even if these industries take off, they may not have enough legs to support the housing market.” However, he sees Puteri Harbour as “the hidden jewel” in Nusajaya. “It’s the only freehold residential precinct where condo units have waterfront views and marina facilities.”

This article appeared in the City & Country of Issue 700 (Oct 26, 2015) of The Edge Singapore.

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/pacific-star-still-bullish-iskandar-malaysia

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 year time frame, I would turn over properties elsewhere about 4 times. An eternity for property investors.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He probably meant that top floor is just below the roof, which bear the blunt of the sun for whole day, and the heat is slow to dissipate and will be hot throughout the night. If yours is just right below the spa pool then should be cool. Just make sure the roof water proofing is done properly.

OMG!.....Well...look on the brighter.. ummm... hotter side of things....maybe don't need to turn on heater so often during zang zui time. LOL!

OK, just checked the pictures...don't seem that my unit is directly below the spa pool...so no "waterfall" feature in my unit....but maybe got natural "heater" unless the concrete roof so damn thick that by the time the heat travelled all the way down the heat minimised liao....maybe I should vkool my ceiling and windows...LOL!

Was also looking at KSL Annual Report for year ended 2014 http://www.financialreport.biz/File/AR/2015/5/29/5038 - 1157133015936.pdf

....buay pai leh.....but then again what do I know, ya?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who has been deleting the postings without valid reasons? I will investigate and put up a report to the forum owner to get you removed.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo,

You mentioned you're the only one every day riding back and forth from your home in JB to SG for work.

How do you manage your kids' education and needs? Is your wife a homemaker and she remains most of her time in JB?

Sorry if it's too personal... if so, maybe can PM me? :smile:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that Iskandar will thrive and its success can be boosted many times only if their government improve the transportation and safety. These are 2 top priorities of Singaporeans.

Unfortunately, the Malaysian government isn't efficient or have that "vision". Since most parts of Iskandar is bare now, it's the best time to start thinking of some form of MRT system to link up all the different office/government buildings, residential homes, etc. I doubt that is ever going to happen.

No point building so many condos and rely only the workforce there to support. The number of condos will easily outnumber the demand for them. Anyway, those guys are probably only interested in investors' money. They don't care if more than half the condos will be left vacant and deteriorate in a short time.

So I doubt the general Singaporeans will be attracted to move over to Iskandar any time in at least the next 2-3 decades.

Contrary to what most of us think, many in Singapore are very happy with their small HDB flats and condos. It's really about the high standard of living, trust in a strong government, convenience of travel, established healthcare and education system and safe environment. These are all lacking in Iskandar. People in Singapore are willing to pay for the expensive lifestyle provided they can get all these. Only a small handful (like most of us here) that value space will buy Iskandar homes.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo,

You mentioned you're the only one every day riding back and forth from your home in JB to SG for work.

How do you manage your kids' education and needs? Is your wife a homemaker and she remains most of her time in JB?

Sorry if it's too personal... if so, maybe can PM me? :smile:

Yup...I alone chiong customs every weekday...:o

Also PMed you.:smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that Iskandar will thrive and its success can be boosted many times only if their government improve the transportation and safety. These are 2 top priorities of Singaporeans.

Unfortunately, the Malaysian government isn't efficient or have that "vision". Since most parts of Iskandar is bare now, it's the best time to start thinking of some form of MRT system to link up all the different office/government buildings, residential homes, etc. I doubt that is ever going to happen.

No point building so many condos and rely only the workforce there to support. The number of condos will easily outnumber the demand for them. Anyway, those guys are probably only interested in investors' money. They don't care if more than half the condos will be left vacant and deteriorate in a short time.

So I doubt the general Singaporeans will be attracted to move over to Iskandar any time in at least the next 2-3 decades.

Contrary to what most of us think, many in Singapore are very happy with their small HDB flats and condos. It's really about the high standard of living, trust in a strong government, convenience of travel, established healthcare and education system and safe environment. These are all lacking in Iskandar. People in Singapore are willing to pay for the expensive lifestyle provided they can get all these. Only a small handful (like most of us here) that value space will buy Iskandar homes.

Good post, but now maybe Frodo can help you do the balancing. Best of both worlds still the best :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with the high standard of living in Singapore.....with its commensurate high cost of living too:(

Prior to moving over to JB we are so used to paying for the basic stuff...$3 for fishball meepok, $120 for piano class, crazy parking rates etc...until we moved over and can have all these things for a fraction...and parking charges are almost negligible! Actually the standard of living not too bad in JB too...with our stronger currency and cheaper JB food, we eat better food in JB than in Singapore....last time in Singapore where got eat roast duck a few times a month? Or eat Japanese food more? Sushi Mentai has a few outlets and I like their food. Of course, moving into a landed property is already a higher standard of living for peasants like me.

And there are more things to talk about still...things that in my opinion translates to higher standard of living at lower costs...relative to Singapore.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...just received an expletive-laden reputation comment that says only losers live in Malaysia....:eek:

Where we choose to live is a personal choice....since we live with the choices we make...if there are people who don't like to live in Malaysia and prefer to live in Singapore, that's their choice too. We need to respect people's choices, even if we don't like their choices or disagree with them. This is a matter of lifestyle preference, not a moral issue about moral right or wrong. Live and let live, and wish the other the best lor, right? :smile: