• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow.... only SetiaSky at Midvalley?? How about Kenny Hills Grande & KL Eco City?
A blatant lie again? :biggrin:

Typo..Setiasky and Midvalley (KL Eco city).

Hmmm....think I will tell Dato Chang on of these days that he is the main culprit who cause JB floods when he was in Setia.
I might even print a copy of these forum complaints and hand it to him.
Would be fun to see his face. :biggrin:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typo..Setiasky and Midvalley (KL Eco city).

Hmmm....think I will tell Dato Chang on of these days that he is the main culprit who cause JB floods when he was in Setia.
I might even print a copy of these forum complaints and hand it to him.
Would be fun to see his face. :biggrin:

typo or misleading? haiz....just apologise and move on bro....

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a Setia Mega Exhibition at JB City Square from 14th - 16th August 2015. Plenty of units available for Setia Eco Cascadia especially the Mercury type. Those interested can go and view it. Lelong with 19k voucher and 9% flexi move in bonus!! 1st time i see SP Setia throwing their units....

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
No , makes no sense to buy. If needed to stay there, I will just rent, enjoy the facilities & lifestyle without the headaches.
After seeing my friend's struggle to sell the property (due to retrenchment) at substantial loss, I share your sentiment to rent as it is easier to exit without any hassle. I would said the rental in prime JB is very cheap.

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
After seeing my friend's struggle to sell the property (due to retrenchment) at substantial loss, I share your sentiment to rent as it is easier to exit without any hassle. I would said the rental in prime JB is very cheap.
Yes, I tried it out for a month in a condo downtown, cheap food, relaxed atmosphere but the massages no standard and lots of mosquitoes, no pork at ksl tesco where I shopped everyday, have to go to sutera mall by taxi. The greatest show stopper is their public transport, especially taxis, that is the biggest reason why it's no go for me.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I tried it out for a month in a condo downtown, cheap food, relaxed atmosphere but the massages no standard and lots of mosquitoes, no pork at ksl tesco where I shopped everyday, have to go to sutera mall by taxi. The greatest show stopper is their public transport, especially taxis, that is the biggest reason why it's no go for me.
The surrounding of KLS has many eateries. But for the more adventurous, instead of driving or taxi, we ever walk in the direction of Crystal Crown Hotel, cross the overhead bridge, walk up the slope to the Tebrau food centre (Next to Shell Petrol). Then head to the opposite Fizzlo Health for foot reflexology. Come dinner time, we will head to Bamboo or Teck Sing Restaurant. The Store supermarket, which carries non-halal item, is nearby too. Can cover this on foot only if weather permit.

(That's my foot-loose adventure last year so some things may have changed)

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least it's encouraging that they're open about the potential policy implementation and looking to get feedback from all the relevant stake holders.
At least everyone will be heard.
Hopefully the result will be as what the Mentri Besar has promised that it'll be a win win conclusion for all.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ironic that Singaporeans bought up so many Iskandar and other Malaysian properties. But the Malaysians themselves are moving out of their own country to invest in Singapore. This says a lot....

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ironic that Singaporeans bought up so many Iskandar and other Malaysian properties. But the Malaysians themselves are moving out of their own country to invest in Singapore. This says a lot....

But isn't it the same over at SG ? Singaporeans not buying in SG but buy overseas , including Malaysia ?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
But isn't it the same over at SG ? Singaporeans not buying in SG but buy overseas , including Malaysia ?

Not really the same. Singaporeans are not buying in SG because they are excluded, not permitted or cannot afford. They bought in Malaysia eg Iskandar cos they thought it was so much cheaper.

Malaysians are more than qualified to buy properties in their own country. But they rather buy much more expensive ones in SG. So that says something.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really the same. Singaporeans are not buying in SG because they are excluded, not permitted or cannot afford. They bought in Malaysia eg Iskandar cos they thought it was so much cheaper.

Malaysians are more than qualified to buy properties in their own country. But they rather buy much more expensive ones in SG. So that says something.

Malaysians have consistently been among the top 3 investors in SG for the longest time. The pause previously was due to the imposition of 15% ABSD, but seems that they are getting used to it now.

I would seriously advise any Malaysian to think twice about buying in SG with the 15% ABSD, and SSD. It's going to take quite a while to recover the 15% ABSD. They are better off investing in London instead. But of course, if some of them have to rent for 3-4 years, then I think maybe better to buy lah.....