• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like a chill is coming regardless of where you have invested.

I'm just waiting for the final nail in the coffin, the RM 20 VEP

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like a chill is coming regardless of where you have invested.

I'm just waiting for the final nail in the coffin, the RM 20 VEP

Johore has been long exposed to all these "threats" and bending backwards to accommodate Singapore. Historically people think Johore will die if Spore do not support them. Just like Mainland China. They think Hong Kong will die if they don't come over to Hong Kong to shop.
Too late for Singaporeans now to pull out. Many had bought JB properties and no choice but to pay to come in for a holiday home.
Anyway, RM20 which is S$ 7.50 per car is not going to stop Singaporeans from coming in.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM20 on top of all the other prevailing toll charges?

I don't think that it is insignificant especially if you have to pay it everyday.
Dunno why but seems like malaysia govt left hand dunno what the right hand is doing.

Hopefully when LHL goes up to malaysia for the annual leaders retreat then something good will come out of it. But given the pressure that Najib is currently under I doubt any major deals will be forthcoming

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
well.. human nature is to be greedy :p

If there's no greed, nothing will move. People buy cos they are greedy. Developers build cos they are greedy. THE ONE sell land cos he is greedy. Government increase stamp duty cos they are greedy. But greed does not come in form of money they can make. Greed also come in form of cheaper homes one can buy. There's only one greed that separate all these...I am going out for my breakfast now. :biggrin:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM20 on top of all the other prevailing toll charges?

I don't think that it is insignificant especially if you have to pay it everyday.
Dunno why but seems like malaysia govt left hand dunno what the right hand is doing.

Hopefully when LHL goes up to malaysia for the annual leaders retreat then something good will come out of it. But given the pressure that Najib is currently under I doubt any major deals will be forthcoming

Some one got to pay for road maintenance, traffic lights, street lights, car parks, filling of potholes....And foreign cars dun even pay road tax. Gone were the days of free rides. The Malaysian Government had woke up. You use you pay.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually to me, the SG government has already nailed the coffin for many of the young commoners here.

You won't believe how little some of the local uni grads are earning today. Larger resale HDB flats are totally out of their league.

Basically, the SG government is using psychology now to make them think small is big enough and cozy -- they buy small 85 sq m home but got to take 25-30 year loans. That's already the final nail to the coffin. We are not even talking about owning a car. Not even considering they are encouraged by the PAP politicians to get married early and have many kids. How about the family expenses?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually to me, the SG government has already nailed the coffin for many of the young commoners here.

You won't believe how little some of the local uni grads are earning today. Larger resale HDB flats are totally out of their league.

Basically, the SG government is using psychology now to make them think small is big enough and cozy -- they buy small 85 sq m home but got to take 25-30 year loans. That's already the final nail to the coffin. We are not even talking about owning a car. Not even considering they are encouraged by the PAP politicians to get married early and have many kids. How about the family expenses?

Hope 2016 those 60.1% wake up to their $en$e$.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope 2016 those 60.1% wake up to their $en$e$.

At the risk of being thrown rotten eggs again, I hope 60.1% will never wake up.

Just imagine: what is the alternative? HDB flats cant be rented out, and HSR/RTS/Bridge projects stopped to be more 'pro-Singaporeans'. How to retire in JB by leveraging on SG properties then? Give me the current policies every day.......

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the risk of being thrown rotten eggs again, I hope 60.1% will never wake up.

Just imagine: what is the alternative? HDB flats cant be rented out, and HSR/RTS/Bridge projects stopped to be more 'pro-Singaporeans'. How to retire in JB by leveraging on SG properties then? Give me the current policies every day.......

Many Singaporeans look down on JB properties...
The image of cowboy town... Robbery cases... Corruption... Poor infrastructure... Raps.. etc dominates the minds of Singaporeans..
In fact, my wife and my friends (including some Malaysian PRs think this way too...)

I also think this way but then I decided to go ahead with my purchase of R&F last August due to desperation for exit strategy..
It is the ALTERNATIVE that drives me to JB..

At the rate the PAP government is deteriorating.. (i.e. Now FAKE MBA can work in IDA SINGAPORE)..
I feel my future in SG is getting less and less secure and retrenchment worries starts to creep in when I am nearing 40s..

My current plan for next 4 yrs is to PAY OFF MY HDB LOAN and also PAY OFF MY BANK LOAN FOR JB CONDO..

And I hope all Singaporeans will continue to be dominated by fears of JB so that they will not step in to escalate the living of JB so that I can retire there comfortably in future...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some one got to pay for road maintenance, traffic lights, street lights, car parks, filling of potholes....And foreign cars dun even pay road tax. Gone were the days of free rides. The Malaysian Government had woke up. You use you pay.

Will be hard for drivers of Malaysian or Singapore cars to see the issues from each other's perspective. Definitely the jam will be very much reduced with the RM20 levy. People who say the jams are the same before and after the toll hikes either do not shuttle frequently between the 2 links, or are not observant enough.

Ironically, the worst affected are the PRs and Malaysian drivers who commute to SG for work, not the weekenders. But I noted the proposal does have some strong Malaysian supporters, so let's see what happens when the RM20 is implemented both at MYR end and at SG end (as you cant expect the SG govt to stay idle).

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be hard for drivers of Malaysian or Singapore cars to see the issues from each other's perspective. Definitely the jam will be very much reduced with the RM20 levy. People who say the jams are the same before and after the toll hikes either do not shuttle frequently between the 2 links, or are not observant enough.

Ironically, the worst affected are the PRs and Malaysian drivers who commute to SG for work, not the weekenders. But I noted the proposal does have some strong Malaysian supporters, so let's see what happens when the RM20 is implemented both at MYR end and at SG end (as you cant expect the SG govt to stay idle).

I am a strong supporter for imposing VEP on Singapore cars. They are rich. Rm20 to them is peanut. I thought Malaysia Gov should impose at least RM50.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha. oh the idiocy.

See what I mean? At a time when China and HK are powering ahead with increased links, more HSRs and greater connectivity via stock exchanges/rails, SG and MY are stuck in arguing over whether to impose RM20 or RM50, and blaming each other for the rail delays.

For many Malaysians, they believe that restricting SG cars will result in a price drop to their Char Siew rice and houses. Of course they don't realise that the weekday business is now almost entirely local based, and that the property market is primarily local driven. They also don't realise the disastrous impact of a full blown property crash or recession to their pay package.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
See what I mean? At a time when China and HK are powering ahead with increased links, more HSRs and greater connectivity via stock exchanges/rails, SG and MY are stuck in arguing over whether to impose RM20 or RM50, and blaming each other for the rail delays.

For many Malaysians, they believe that restricting SG cars will result in a price drop to their Char Siew rice and houses. Of course they don't realise that the weekday business is now almost entirely local based, and that the property market is primarily local driven. They also don't realise the disastrous impact of a full blown property crash or recession to their pay package.

Hong Kong belongs to China.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point is that the world will pass the Malay Peninsula by, while we argue over RTS, HSR, toll, VEP.... Time and tide waits for no man

No hurry actually. Economic feasibility is important. The ferry from Puteri Harbour to CBD is still facing delays. Most of us drive anyway.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact is singaporeans will still come in to JB regardless how much VEP charged on them.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When tolls increased from S$1.20 + RM 2.60 to RM 9.70 x 4 now ( RM 10.40 to RM 38.80 per trip ) the causeway is still jam-packed
I really cannot see how RM 20 more can make much difference seriously

Of cos initially first few months the traffic might drop and some people will start their talk about JB economy being doomed etc just like how the increase in tolls has done. After sometime these pple also quiet down when the mothers of all jams returns

This Friday 6am the mother of all jams will start again.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When tolls increased from S$1.20 + RM 2.60 to RM 9.70 x 4 now ( RM 10.40 to RM 38.80 per trip ) the causeway is still jam-packed
I really cannot see how RM 20 more can make much difference seriously

Of cos initially first few months the traffic might drop and some people will start their talk about JB economy being doomed etc just like how the increase in tolls has done. After sometime these pple also quiet down when the mothers of all jams returns

This Friday 6am the mother of all jams will start again.

Just why, Msia should at least charge RM50 to have a real impact.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact is singaporeans will still come in to JB regardless how much VEP charged on them.

Of course Singaporeans will still come. The question is only how many? Anyway the impact is mainly on SG PRs and Malaysians commuting to work in SG. Since it will lead to faster clearance times for me (lesser SG & MY cars), I am not particularly fussed. Don't believe, just check out the weekday traffic before and after toll hikes.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course Singaporeans will still come. The question is only how many? Anyway the impact is mainly on SG PRs and Malaysians commuting to work in SG. Since it will lead to faster clearance times for me (lesser SG & MY cars), I am not particularly fussed. Don't believe, just check out the weekday traffic before and after toll hikes.

All these VEP, toll and whatnots are affecting mainly SPRs and Malaysians coming in and out of SG to work or whatever and worse, they have no choice but to pay and now no difference whether car is SG or MY car plate!
Singaporeans can come over to JB by choice, more frequent or not depending on the need to do so - replenish baby food and pampers, groceries, tank top up, collect rent, Genting trip, etc......5,6 times a month becomes 2,3 time maybe.
There wll be great impact on the retail businesses in JB and F&B will be the earliest victim with many shops closing in no time.