• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other side of the story in full length video.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688717924730012/
Champion4disability

This is a repost of the videos so that people have the full pic
I was not going to publish this but it is time I did. This was an incident where I went gangster on a Singaporean couple who parked on a handicapped parking lot and tried to worm their way out with dumb excuses. The drama unfolded when I deliberately blocked their car in disabling them from reversing. I waited for these people to come back to their cars for 45 minutes!!!The driver ended up reversing and knocking into my truck and that kind of added fuel to my fire. It was 6.30pm and I had just completed a long day of energy auditing with my 3 other very big and intimidating looking auditors so that is why i look n sound like a thug. Very tired and extremely irritable I wanted them to feel what it was like having to wait just like how a disabled person would have felt. This is the full video. If some of you feel I was mean in this video, I frankly don't care! If you are doing something to fight this plague then you are fit to critisize but if you want to be an arm chair critic, keep your comments to yourself. I fight for the disabled who don't have a voice and in this instance I think I got the message across to them and hopefully they will think twice about doing this again in Malaysia

There is no other side of the story, this is outright bullying, Champion4disability my ass, if the offenders were MY Chinese or Malays, see whether he dare to act this way. There are many, many such MY registered plate offenders to pick on and yet he choose to wait and pick on an old frail Singaporean couple.

Before you comment and try to defend his actions, I have a handicap display label and have been driving into Johor for many, many years and never have I been able to park at the handicap lots due to the inconsiderate MY registered plate cars never give a hoot to the sign and park there.

I challenge Mr Champion4disbality to upload more videos on him picking on MY registered drivers or people bigger than him, many for him to pick on. Then I will say he is a real champion. Right now, all I see is a loser, downtrodden, underpaid slave wanting to exert power and release steam on people who is jealous of and gloating to get back at society for being born bottom of the rung.

LOSER!!!

Last edited:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
For once and probably the only once I had to agree with u.

My wife who stayed in JB for 40 years told me there is no such thing as Handicapped lots in Malaysia. Even if it has, it caters to the mentally-handicapped as well.

Its always parked by anyone. True enough! Everytime I park at Jusco I always see handicapped lots taken up by 20+ young men.

There is no other side of the story, this is outright bullying, Champion4disability my ass, if the offenders were MY Chinese or Malays, see whether he dare to act this way. There are many, many such MY registered plate offenders to pick on and yet he choose to wait and pick on an old frail Singaporean couple.

Before you comment and try to defend his actions, I have a handicap display label and have been driving into Johor for many, many years and never have I been able to park at the handicap lots due to the inconsiderate MY registered plate cars never give a hoot to the sign and park there.

I challenge Mr Champion4disbality to upload more videos on him picking on MY registered drivers or people bigger than him, many for him to pick on. Then I will say he is a real champion. Right now, all I see is a loser, downtrodden, underpaid slave wanting to exert power and release steam on people who is jealous of and gloating to get back at society for being born bottom of the rung.

LOSER!!!

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

My wife who stayed in JB for 40 years told me there is no such thing as Handicapped lots in Malaysia. Even if it has, it caters to the mentally-handicapped as well.

Its always parked by anyone. True enough! Everytime I park at Jusco I always see handicapped lots taken up by 20+ young men.

Very obvious the bloody Indian chap is a big bully. Just want to vent his anger on a poor helpless couple and act like a "hero" . He's a real zero instead ! Some more got the cheek to say he has a few other burly friends watching nearby . Bloody coward who need backers to back him up instead of having a one to one.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is their country and their rules, I don't want to comment. What is really wrong is an a**hole who goes around online as a champion bullying Singaporeans under a guise of being a champion for the weak, he is every sense of the word, a real coward.

Don't even have guts to bully people and just admit it, I would respect him as a bully, as the Sinkie couple were outright liars for saying they did not see the sign, they deserve it, but to go around acting noble.....pui!!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very obvious the bloody Indian chap is a big bully. Just want to vent his anger on a poor helpless couple and act like a "hero" . He's a real zero instead ! Some more got the cheek to say he has a few other burly friends watching nearby . Bloody coward who need backers to back him up instead of having a one to one.

The way I see it,

1. Illegal Handicap parking which is an excuse to open up a discussion.
2. Car accident. Obviously they backed into his car.
3. Bullying (Loud mouthed, tough talking really) In Malaysia, the term "road bullying" usually goes physical.
4. In the end of the day, it is about how much to pay for repairs, kinda extortion?

Welcome to Malaysia.
It is not as gentlemanly, orderly and nice mannered society. At times, it is a rough and tough neighbourhood too.
For those who cannot blend into the society, it is better to stay out. For those who want to come in, you got to be streetwise.
By the way, it is not just Indians. It is every race. The modus operandi is different only.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is their country and their rules, I don't want to comment. What is really wrong is an a**hole who goes around online as a champion bullying Singaporeans under a guise of being a champion for the weak, he is every sense of the word, a real coward.

Don't even have guts to bully people and just admit it, I would respect him as a bully, as the Sinkie couple were outright liars for saying they did not see the sign, they deserve it, but to go around acting noble.....pui!!

Both are dumbasses, next...

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past decade SG property prices Doubled with the influx of FTs.
A large number of them are Chinese.

Iskandar only needs 10%(100k) of these Talents to mop up the current excess units.
If more were to come, 330k in the pipeline also not enough.

:p

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past decade SG property prices Doubled with the influx of FTs.
A large number of them are Chinese.

Iskandar only needs 10%(100k) of these Talents to mop up the current excess units.
If more were to come, 330k in the pipeline also not enough.

:p

Singapore property prices double because of PRC? Where you get the statistics from? They only had a brief burst for luxury condos and Sentosa properties and died pretty quickly to have any real impact.

You think they will mop up Iskandar? Are you speculator?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I see it,

1. Illegal Handicap parking which is an excuse to open up a discussion.
2. Car accident. Obviously they backed into his car.
3. Bullying (Loud mouthed, tough talking really) In Malaysia, the term "road bullying" usually goes physical.
4. In the end of the day, it is about how much to pay for repairs, kinda extortion?

Welcome to Malaysia.
It is not as gentlemanly, orderly and nice mannered society. At times, it is a rough and tough neighbourhood too.
For those who cannot blend into the society, it is better to stay out. For those who want to come in, you got to be streetwise.
By the way, it is not just Indians. It is every race. The modus operandi is different only.

Nothing against any race, just stating the facts as they are.

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your wife stayed in JB for 40 years what about you? What is your experience there?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The four companies agreed in principle to invest over RM1.87bil in the Tanjung Langsat Industrial Complex (TLIC) project in Pasir Gudang. The investments are expected to create about 470 new job opportunities.

The companies are Johor Port Bhd and Musim Mas Group as well as Singapore-based Amity Energy Pte Ltd and Netherlands-based Steinweg Handelsveem.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/04/17/mustapa-foreign-investor-interest/

Yes, this is only an "agreement in principle" so it is only good news when the agreement turn into reality years later.

This one is certainly bad news.
Following the earlier announcement that Petronas is cutting Capital Expenditure by a whopping RM15 to RM 20 billions for 2016, Petronas Chemicals Group Bhd has just confirmed scrapping the RM5.1billion elastomers project, which is part of the Refinery and Petrochemicals Integrated Development (RAPID) project in Johor.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...hemicals-scraps--elastomers-project-in-rapid/

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, this is only an "agreement in principle" so it is only good news when the agreement turn into reality years later.

This one is certainly bad news.
Following the earlier announcement that Petronas is cutting Capital Expenditure by a whopping RM15 to RM 20 billions for 2016, Petronas Chemicals Group Bhd has just confirmed scrapping the RM5.1billion elastomers project, which is part of the Refinery and Petrochemicals Integrated Development (RAPID) project in Johor.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...hemicals-scraps--elastomers-project-in-rapid/

Good move by Petronas. It is old news...
Why spend so much on in a industry when oil prices is at bad times like this. It is called putting the priorties right. The gylcols and polymers project are more than enough to chew already.

I like your style. Would you like me to highlight Singapore ones as well? Shall we start with this?

Axe to fall on hundreds more in Singapore oil & gas sector - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/ax...singapore-oil-gas-sector#sthash.5kchBHkP.dpuf

or this:

Another O&M player exits Singapore for Kuala Lumpur - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/another-om-player-exits-singapore-kuala-lumpur#sthash.8riTIJ2f.dpuf

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The four companies agreed in principle to invest over RM1.87bil in the Tanjung Langsat Industrial Complex (TLIC) project in Pasir Gudang. The investments are expected to create about 470 new job opportunities.

The companies are Johor Port Bhd and Musim Mas Group as well as Singapore-based Amity Energy Pte Ltd and Netherlands-based Steinweg Handelsveem.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/04/17/mustapa-foreign-investor-interest/

They are port operator, palm oil company, oil storage company and O&G logistic company respectively. Good move by TLIC but developments are still in early stages, and have yet to reach petrochemical manufacturing stage.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why spend so much on in a industry when oil prices is at bad times like this. It is called putting the priorties right. The gylcols and polymers project are more than enough to chew already.

I like your style. Would you like me to highlight Singapore ones as well? Shall we start with this?

Axe to fall on hundreds more in Singapore oil & gas sector - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/ax...singapore-oil-gas-sector#sthash.5kchBHkP.dpuf

or this:

Another O&M player exits Singapore for Kuala Lumpur - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/another-om-player-exits-singapore-kuala-lumpur#sthash.8riTIJ2f.dpuf

I’m an idiot when it comes to the business world. But I suppose in the business world companies rise and fall and move and change and adapt according to the ever changing economic or political climates of their respective host countries. Some will be more resilient whereas others will bite the dust. Then maybe there are companies that see or spot new business opportunities in those transitional times and can capitalise on them. What I am trying to say is that one should not associate business failures with JB, as though business failures will especially plague JB, but somehow the sun always shine on Singapore? The world is getting more competitive, and also more complex. Those venturing into businesses take risks, and the rewards as well.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’m an idiot when it comes to the business world. But I suppose in the business world companies rise and fall and move and change and adapt according to the ever changing economic or political climates of their respective host countries. Some will be more resilient whereas others will bite the dust. Then maybe there are companies that see or spot new business opportunities in those transitional times and can capitalise on them. What I am trying to say is that one should not associate business failures with JB, as though business failures will especially plague JB, but somehow the sun always shine on Singapore? The world is getting more competitive, and also more complex. Those venturing into businesses take risks, and the rewards as well.

Fret not...the crux of the whole picture is not about business per se. It is how you interpret the ripple effects of the investment projects that will impact on the environment, in this case property demand. Infrastructure projects will always be the precursor of downstream activities. It is a greenfield development and where do you put your money? If you want to be safe, you stick close to those projects where human movement would be there. You do not put your money in those sticking like a sore thumb project in the middle of nowhere.
That is the relevance of this posting.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

or this:

The oil & gas crash is really a big problem, a lot of governments are downplaying the effects but on the ground you can see a lot of things happening. I'm in HR and i can say that this is one of the largest retrenching exercise I have seen in years. I have 2 very large clients who have decided to shut down the Singapore office in favor of Jakarta and Shanghai. O&G effects all industries as it's all interconnected, maybe only Pharma is safe for now.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The oil & gas crash is really a big problem, a lot of governments are downplaying the effects but on the ground you can see a lot of things happening. I'm in HR and i can say that this is one of the largest retrenching exercise I have seen in years. I have 2 very large clients who have decided to shut down the Singapore office in favor of Jakarta and Shanghai. O&G effects all industries as it's all interconnected, maybe only Pharma is safe for now.

This is the trend now.
http://www.mida.gov.my/home/3110/news/boston-scientific-plant-to-be-ready-by-2017/

Boston Scientific’s new medical device manufacturing plant in Batu Kawan Industrial Park, which will involve investments running more than hundreds of millions of ringgit, will be operational in the fourth quarter of 2017. Boston Scientific vice-president (operations) Dave Mitchell told StarBiz the group would move production equipment into the facility in the second quarter of 2017.

“The plant will be operational in the fourth quarter of 2017, and we expect to ship our first “Made-in-Malaysia” product before the end of 2017,” Mitchell said in an e-mail. The construction of the facility will begin in the first half of 2016 and scheduled for completion in the second half of 2017.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the trend now.
http://www.mida.gov.my/home/3110/news/boston-scientific-plant-to-be-ready-by-2017/

Boston Scientific’s new medical device manufacturing plant in Batu Kawan Industrial Park, which will involve investments running more than hundreds of millions of ringgit, will be operational in the fourth quarter of 2017. Boston Scientific vice-president (operations) Dave Mitchell told StarBiz the group would move production equipment into the facility in the second quarter of 2017.

“The plant will be operational in the fourth quarter of 2017, and we expect to ship our first “Made-in-Malaysia” product before the end of 2017,” Mitchell said in an e-mail. The construction of the facility will begin in the first half of 2016 and scheduled for completion in the second half of 2017.

Tech startups also doing well, i.e. Uber, Grab, Netflix, Facebook all on a hiring spree

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

or this:

We are discussing about property investment prospect in JB here so lets just talk about JB and stop dragging in Singapore or any other city which is totally out of context here.
Many other countries are also experiencing downturn, economy slowdown, so SG or MY should not be spared especially SG which is extremely dependent on external factors.
Readers should be informed of good news to boost their confidence, especially the investors seeking rental or resale with high returns which I believe what you are trying to do but also need to be informed of the not too good news and be aware of the situation they are in or will be in and to have a balanced view.