• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB allows me to retire early. Life is not just waking up everyday to go to work and gets all stressed up, or work till you dropped dead, so that we can afford to stay in expensive Singapore.

Singapore is too expensive to ever allows ordinary working class people to retire, relax and enjoy the fruits of their hard work.

The system is milking us dry - left, right and center, front and back, no escaping. We sweat, pap just think only, make it a law and take away from us - easy money.

Then they claimed they make Singapore so rich and so they must be paid the highest in the whole universe.

The option is there in Iskandar for those to plan an exit from expensive Singapore and able to retire and live comfortably well, without all the frills, bells and whistle, and "premium".

Although I am not too optimistic about retiring early, I am happy to say that JB has allowed me to actualise the following:

1. Own more than just one property (referring to my HDB flat) in my lifetime, which is impossible for me in SG.
2. Rent out my HDB for rental income, which is impossible if I am still living in it in SG.
3. Experience living in a landed property, which is impossible for me in SG since it is beyond my pay scale.
4. Buy a brand new car without any 10 year limit, which is impossible for me in SG
5. Pump cheap diesel like a Malaysian, which is impossible if I am driving a SG car.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I am not too optimistic about retiring early, I am happy to say that JB has allowed me to actualise the following:

1. Own more than just one property (referring to my HDB flat) in my lifetime, which is impossible for me in SG.
2. Rent out my HDB for rental income, which is impossible if I am still living in it in SG.
3. Experience living in a landed property, which is impossible for me in SG since it is beyond my pay scale.
4. Buy a brand new car without any 10 year limit, which is impossible for me in SG
5. Pump cheap diesel like a Malaysian, which is impossible if I am driving a SG car.

haha, good points indeed ! True also.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Roti Canai / Roti Prata @ RM 1.00 per piece
Chap fan / mixed vege rice @ RM 5.00 per plate
Gardenia bread @ RM 2.50 per loaf

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL! Very true also…and I can add to that list roast duck and roast chicken, whole birds at 30-40% of the SG prices! But some would probably say these cheap food can be enjoyed even without buying a property in JB, because just rent can liao. So my 5 points are what I think are the more distinctive actualised benefits that comes with buying a JB property and living in it, in my own case.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't buy Gardenia! Don't support corruption, it's now owned by a very corrupt individual.

Anyway, Sunshine taste better :smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. U are right. My terrace row of seven units. Five of them are owned by SPRs. No joke!

Yah, actually the rapid development of JB and all the "incentives" of buying a property in JB, cited by many here, benefit the SPRs the most.
Earning SG dollars allowed them to buy to buy a wide range of property, in fact, the whole range from low cost terrace to high end bungalows.
They don't have foreigner's rules and restrictions in buying and selling of the property (unfortunately,many Singaporeans who bought in MY are still in the dark about the selling part)
They are buying in their own country so when retire or decided to quit, can just come back to stay for good.
That explains why in many projects there are so many Malaysian buyers.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah, actually the rapid development of JB and all the "incentives" of buying a property in JB, cited by many here, benefit the SPRs the most.
Earning SG dollars allowed them to buy to buy a wide range of property, in fact, the whole range from low cost terrace to high end bungalows.
They don't have foreigner's rules and restrictions in buying and selling of the property (unfortunately,many Singaporeans who bought in MY are still in the dark about the selling part)
They are buying in their own country so when retire or decided to quit, can just come back to stay for good.
That explains why in many projects there are so many Malaysian buyers.

I was told by my agent that many Malaysians also bought condos, but usually the lower floors as they do not want to buy the more expensive high floors, which somehow Singaporeans prefer. LOL! My colleague’s girlfriend is Malaysian and when he told me she wanted to convert to SG citizen I was horrified. LOL! I told him to ask his GF not to give up the MY citizen. Just take SPR can liao. Don’t forfeit the perks of being a Malaysian.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told by my agent that many Malaysians also bought condos, but usually the lower floors as they do not want to buy the more expensive high floors, which somehow Singaporeans prefer. LOL! My colleague’s girlfriend is Malaysian and when he told me she wanted to convert to SG citizen I was horrified. LOL! I told him to ask his GF not to give up the MY citizen. Just take SPR can liao. Don’t forfeit the perks of being a Malaysian.

Yep, all those SPRs have the least worry about the "stroke of the pen" thingy, which may happen anytime.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Quite true, the condo sells from the bottom up which is quite strange to me until I heard the agent says the buyers are mainly msians working in sg. They prefer the lower cost and thus the smaller units.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite true, the condo sells from the bottom up which is quite strange to me until I heard the agent says the buyers are mainly msians working in sg. They prefer the lower cost and thus the smaller units.

I suspect that there may be a significant portion of more well-off Malaysians who may decide to live in a condo for a change, where there are amenities and facilities, and also maintenance. Most would prefer the lower floors, which actually in SG terms is like starting from the 9th or 10th floor since the lower floors are usually the multi-story car parks.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your colleague is Malaysian or Singaporean? If he is Malaysian, she convert to SG citizen good, can buy new BTO and get baby bonus grant and longer maternity leave.

But if he is Singaporean......horror, horror....for his GF to convert. SG citizenship is the most useless citizenship in the world.