• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i no buy last time, I'll be more worried now. :p

If I hadn't bought last time I would still be staying in the same pigeon hole for the next 20 years and remain status quo, cannot rent out HDB and also unable to buy a condo in Singapore, not to say a landed. Then would look back with deep regrets.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it rather strange, really. If u people feel that JB is unsafe, robberies here and tere, why advise people to rent instead of buying for investment? U should totally and completely wipe out JB or Msia fm ur radar. Better still dont even come to this thread. If i dont like Thailand why should i be discussing and posting there.:rolleyes:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it rather strange, really. If u people feel that JB is unsafe, robberies here and tere, why advise people to rent instead of buying for investment? U should totally and completely wipe out JB or Msia fm ur radar. Better still dont even come to this thread. If i dont like Thailand why should i be discussing and posting there.:rolleyes:

Agree with your point. One thing we notice is that no matter how JB is, singaporeans just cannot stop themselves from coming over. Why?? we call this long term love hate relationship.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are confusing casual visiting and investing your life savings in JB.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are confusing casual visiting and investing your life savings in JB.

Renting a condo and staying long term vs buying a property and staying, is there a difference insofar as security and safety is concerned? Not that I can see, neither would the robbers and murderers make such distinction.

Of course if you rent you can just pack up and go back to Singapore and never to return to JB. For those who bought, they can also pack up and go, it's still an option. Or they can spend the money on beefing up security, money that would otherwise have been spent on relocating back to Singapore, and just move on.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not investing our life saving but just part of our saving to acquire a property in JB isnt a bad thing at all. The point is invest in JB if you can afford it.

To be honest I also cannot really afford JB since I don't have much in terms of savings. But since the bank was willing to loan 90% for the landed property I took that as a sign from above to take that step of faith (some might see it as reckless leap of faith) to do that "crossover project" ;p

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renting a condo and staying long term vs buying a property and staying, is there a difference insofar as security and safety is concerned? Not that I can see, neither would the robbers and murderers make such distinction.

Of course if you rent you can just pack up and go back to Singapore and never to return to JB. For those who bought, they can also pack up and go, it's still an option. Or they can spend the money on beefing up security, money that would otherwise have been spent on relocating back to Singapore, and just move on.

You just answered my concern, anyway Frodo you made a good choice buying a landed property in JB and I envy you because at this point in my life, my kids have already left home, one in OZ and another may go soon after NS, I would like to get a corner semi d but nobody to fill it up with :(

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DO NOT ENTER...
JB is dangerous for some people.

Twenty over years, going in and out of JB and other parts of Msia. So far not even once kena robbed. I even went to teller machine to bank in my deposits (cash). Smooth sailing. Just be humble and dont yaya papaya.

As for buying properties...just the other day my friend told me he regreted not buying one. Now is 1 million threshold. Cant afford now. I told him JB very dangerous. Even pumping ur car at those station u can get robbed or killed. He just laugh away..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep agree that's why I don't eat at kedai makan places. Only malls and hotels as far as possible.

But along the way u also can get killed or robbed. Be careful when pumping petrol at those station ya. Even at Hotel or Mall carparks is unsafe ya.:smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very important is to know your risks and know how to mitigate.
Remember assumption is the mother of all fookups.

Sometimes you think it is very safe place, you tend to be negligent. But when you know it is unsafe, you will be very careful.
Applies in banks and gated guarded residences too.