• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done, xebay11. Your sharing has been one of the best to present the other side of the story.

People just find it so hard to accept the negative aspects about Iskandar. Everything in life has pros and cons. If you bought an Iskandar residential property simply by considering the pros and ignore most or all the cons, then that's just too bad.

Maybe all you buyers here are too rich. I don't know who you are. Maybe you've got millions of $$$ in cash stashed in your banks or at home. You've invested in all kinds of properties you can possibly think of. You now already own a few expensive cars. There's nothing else to buy now. Or your children are all grown up. You are all alone. Retirement's coming. So you buy an Iskandar condo not expecting anything in return. Well that's fine perhaps.

Unfortunately, many are not in this kind of fairy tale situation.

As xebay12 mentioned, there are many who want to learn about investment. If you guys are always talking about the +ve aspects of your Puteri Harbour or Medini, how are you going to cope when you have to deal with the negative blow in 2 years time?

For eg, I kept telling you guys, go do a calculation on how much you are losing when you can't find a tenant for more than 5 years, or how much you will lose to bank loans and depreciating RM currency. No one bothers to follow up with more discussions. Instead, you slam the negativity.

Have you done your calculations? Don't run away from it. Don't be lazy. It's just simple math. Do your sums and come back here to share with all of us how worrying the situation can be.

Do you have a backup plan? I doubt so. Because there is little you can do to mitigate the lack of tenants, lack of interested buyers and the huge oversupply of properties in Iskandar. I hope you do realize now you'll likely be losing a lot of money along the way.

Maybe many of you are now in Cloud 9 cos your properties are still being constructed and you don't want to think about it. Or you want to leave it to fate. But act while you can.

Personally, for me, if I realize I've made a bad investment, first thing I'd do is see if I can cut my losses.

If I have paid less than 20% of the property price, I would seriously consider dumping the Iskandar property. That's the advice I gave to my colleague when he asked me what he should do now. Cut it loose instead of letting it fester like a rotting wound that weakens your financial power.

I find it very intriguing why Singaporeans are forcing themselves to come over to Iskandar whether to rent or to buy.
Is Singaporeans so silly to head to JB when it is a shithole, full of robberies and bad investments? How many times have we heard over and over again that JB is a dangerous place yet you guys are stubborn.

Please stay away. Listen to the advice dispensed here. DO NOT JUMP IN. Don't even rent. You might be robbed or house broken into.
You might get car jacked. Please please do not come into JB. It is a dangerous town. Go anywhere but JB if not you will regret. Think of your personal safety. Just stay away.

Keep your hard earned money in safe haven Singapore. Buy Riets, Bonds, Unit trusts, whatever.
Do not invest in sure lose JB. Don't even think of it.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, JB is too dangerous for Singaporeans. Best for Singaporeans to stay in a safe, secure and prosperous country. Why risk your life in as dangerous a place as South Africa, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Mexico?

Let silly Singaporeans like me take the risk, while clever Singaporeans stay in SG!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it very intriguing why Singaporeans are forcing themselves to come over to Iskandar whether to rent or to buy.
Is Singaporeans so silly to head to JB when it is a shithole, full of robberies and bad investments? How many times have we heard over and over again that JB is a dangerous place yet you guys are stubborn.

Please stay away. Listen to the advice dispensed here. DO NOT JUMP IN. Don't even rent. You might be robbed or house broken into.
You might get car jacked. Please please do not come into JB. It is a dangerous town. Go anywhere but JB if not you will regret. Think of your personal safety. Just stay away.

Keep your hard earned money in safe haven Singapore. Buy Riets, Bonds, Unit trusts, whatever.
Do not invest in sure lose JB. Don't even think of it.

You will be surprised how many have already jumped in :smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Frodo

I like your thinking and the principles you live by and I do notice your story is consistent unlike some here.Their stories turn at every corner full of negativity and some do Make up stories.Oh we can tell after some time.

Good luck and all the best Fro

Already jumped in is too late. No point talking.
Don't even rent here. Too dangerous. Just go away. We do not need these type of investors or tenants.

Why so hostile?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, JB is too dangerous for Singaporeans. Best for Singaporeans to stay in a safe, secure and prosperous country. Why risk your life in as dangerous a place as South Africa, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Mexico?

Let silly Singaporeans like me take the risk, while clever Singaporeans stay in SG!

Coming to JB is like having a crush on a girl.
The girl just do not like you. And you hate the girl. Why force yourself on her? However you try, it won't be a happy ending.

Or crudely put, you go to Batam.
You saw the girls hanging out at the pleasure house. You want to go in but scared. You ask around and they tell you horror stories like diseases but you still fantasize to go in. Or worse still, after you went in, you are more scared.

So how? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Best is don't go. DO NOT ENTER. NO ENTRY

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming to JB is like having a crush on a girl.
The girl just do not like you. And you hate the girl. Why force yourself on her? However you try, it won't be a happy ending.

Or crudely put, you go to Batam.
You saw the girls hanging out at the pleasure house. You want to go in but scared. You ask around and they tell you horror stories like diseases but you still fantasize to go in. Or worse still, after you went in, you are more scared.

So how? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Best is don't go. DO NOT ENTER. NO ENTRY

Good advice, I never go for cheap paid sex anyway.

So with your analogy are you saying that enjoying in JB is like enjoying cheap paid sex?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The positive side of all the negative posts is lessons learned from buyers who bought and the negativities they faced. I know many of you mock me and my father,

you've a good starting point and Papa. :smile:

I start from scratch;roll the dice here. :biggrin:

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk to more people, read the facts. No point listening to the negativity blindly. You won't believe anyone if you have already chosen to think in a certain way. But is your thinking/assumptions reasonable in the first place?

Don't say "Wahhhh, I can buy cheap food in Iskandar. Wahhhhh, there's a school coming up. Wahhhh, I can see water and yacht from my future home. So can buy. Must buy. Sure will make money or can find tenants/buyers." It's more than all these.

I find many Singaporeans are not as savvy as people in other countries. Maybe we are spoonfed by the government too much. We don't think enough.

Some of us can pay a lot to buy properties or invest in other things but don't know much about the whole thing. That's why in the papers, you see so many advertisements on questionable courses teaching you how to be a millionaire and there are fools who blindly sign up.

Maybe being gullible has a part to play. Even till today, Singaporeans still easily fall to all sorts of easy scams.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
mai ke ke oldie, we're taking e same train now, except you're in the business class. :p

Nowadays, bsuiness class and economy class also same class. Destination same. Time travel same. Plane also same. Suay suay, kena missile.
Cannot kei kiang liao. So have go slow and go low these days. :smile:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, bsuiness class and economy class also same class. Destination same. Time travel same. Plane also same. Suay suay, kena missile.
Cannot kei kiang liao. So have go slow and go low these days. :smile:

Hi funniman. Thought you have retired with the rest of your gangs last time. Anyway, as long as you don't associate yourself with those troublemakers like malpaso, vohkster and his clones, we all will welcome you back. Lets have a peaceful discussion in the new era of this forum.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi funniman. Thought you have retired with the rest of your gangs last time. Anyway, as long as you don't associate yourself with those troublemakers like malpaso, vohkster and his clones, we all will welcome you back. Lets have a peaceful discussion in the new era of this forum.

With this warning as the Moderator of this forum, I get the hint. Hail the Emperor.