• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of the govt policies or flip flops or economies or RM 200 tolls, it is a 100% sure-thing that ISkandar property prices will at least double or triple in 10 years.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of the govt policies or flip flops or economies or RM 200 tolls, it is a 100% sure-thing that ISkandar property prices will at least double or triple in 10 years.

GDP per capita probably has to at least double in order to happen.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose that unlike other property investment locations like KL or Penang where property prices tend to rise somewhat in tandem with the local GDP per capita, JB is rather unique in that local GDP per capita (local economy) is not the only factor and is somewhat also tied to Singapore's per capita GDP fortunes, given the numbers of JB folk earning in S'pore as well as the numbers of S'pore residents seeking a closeby investment or retirement location. Perhaps it is the confidence in Singapore's future that is fuelling the confidence of developers in the Iskandar property sector....?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Iskandar getting too overcrowded with Chinese developers?
Aug 19, 2014

Despite Iskandar’s possible residential supply glut and the negative publicity hounding some Chinese projects there, another China-based developer is making plans to venture into the region.

Henan-based Weiye Holdings is courting partners for potential joint ventures in Singapore and Malaysia’s Iskandar region in the next six months, according to its Group Chairman Zhang Wei.

“We have existing customers who may be keen to invest in Malaysian homes because of its international residency scheme,” he said. Zhang was referring to the country’s ‘My Second Home’ scheme, whereby foreigners are permitted to reside in Malaysia via a multiple-entry social visit pass, which is initially valid for 10 years but is renewable.

“The demand we are seeing now from mainland Chinese to buy homes in Malaysia is just the tip of the iceberg,” Zhang opined, forecasting that investment yields here will remain positive despite the rising home prices in Iskandar. However, if prices climb too much, the local authorities may impose more property cooling measures.

Nevertheless, Iskandar remains a top property investment destination due to its close proximity to Singapore, just like how Shenzhen in China benefited from nearby Hong Kong, he added.

Singapore-listed Weiye Holdings is known for its residential and commercial projects in China’s Henan province and Hainan Island. As of March 2014, it has six properties under construction with a combined net saleable floor area of around 627,038 sq m. So far, it has also completed 13 developments with a total NSFA of about 955,688 sq m.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...kandar-getting-too-overcrowded-with-chinese-d

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon tere will be alot of Chinese phantom neighbours in Iskandar. :smile:

I won't be surprised if many from PRC bought based on the glossy advertisements without even visiting JB. I've noticed how the PRC developers are fond of over exaggerating the landscape (I mean all developers do this, but PRC ones do this more intensely). The causeway is shown as a bridge with boats merrily cruising under. The skyline across the strait on the S'pore shore is unrecognizable and looks like its lifted from an image of some modern Chinese city when in reality there're only some HDB blocks and the chimneys of the power/incinerator plant. The word 'Gold Coast' is mentioned in the CG tv ad and except for 'Danga Bay', not once are any of the words JB, Iskandar, or M'sia mentioned or even spelt out in the ad. I'm sure many PRC would fall in love with the gloss and exagerated glamour portrayed.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I saw R&F advertisement in the papers or TV I seriously thought the background is in Puteri Harbour or Sunway Iskandar. They should be candid and put the real Singapore skyline of old Marsiling Point block flats with some ah-pek lazing around the void decks, Old ancient Singapore Customs complex, Admiralty West Prisons, and the Senoko Power Station with smoke shooting out furiously and sell the "Old Singapore" theme

I won't be surprised if many from PRC bought based on the glossy advertisements without even visiting JB. I've noticed how the PRC developers are fond of over exaggerating the landscape (I mean all developers do this, but PRC ones do this more intensely). The causeway is shown as a bridge with boats merrily cruising under. The skyline across the strait on the S'pore shore is unrecognizable and looks like its lifted from an image of some modern Chinese city when in reality there're only some HDB blocks and the chimneys of the power/incinerator plant. The word 'Gold Coast' is mentioned in the CG tv ad and except for 'Danga Bay', not once are any of the words JB, Iskandar, or M'sia mentioned or even spelt out in the ad. I'm sure many PRC would fall in love with the gloss and exagerated glamour portrayed.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, all the illustrations and video advertisement for Country Garden and the R&F Puteri Cove were grossly misrepresented.
And they always refer the bank of the straits as BEACH!
The Straits of Johor in deep blue in colour colour and ocean cruisers can sail in and dock just outside the project.
Those in PRC may and some dim people here may actually believe what they see on sales presentations like this picture :

RF-Tanjung-Puteri.jpg

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Eco World project has its pros and cons.
It's not for me but doesn't mean that others don't like it.

I have realised that different strokes for different folks. Don't sweat it.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
U check 1st la stud! Eco summer and eco spring got show unit meh?

What talking u ? Eco botanic no show room ? Is it not part of Ecoworld ? Their first project in jb somemore! Wake up la ! Really take my hat off u , so obviously biased !

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Up till now, Eco Summer and Eco Spring all is using Computer-generated imagery (CGI)....and nice brochure.

Actually for me.. Just a brochure with details like picture of the development, site plan & floor plan for all units is good enough for me if I'm keen on a project

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Show houses are costly to build n renovate. Owners pay for them indirectly.
Owners pay even more with security guards with smart uniform & sunglasses.. Nice shutter service thru/fro to showflat.. Weekend treaty like buffet.. Weekend party event.. Instant dip lucky draw.. DJ entertainment.. TCS celebrities come tok-kook sing song.. etc etc :biggrin: