• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
If not mistaken and I stand corrected, she and her mentor she mentioned oh-so gushingly, work together on some seminar thingy promoting how to no money down tactics, group buy and all those crap... so, pls take with some dollop of salt.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

2015 and 2016 are the most challenging years for landlords in SG due to the sheer number of condo TOPs and weak economy. These are the condos that were launched in 2012-2013 when government land sales was still quite high (2011 election effect to flood the market with housing). The number of TOPs should start to come down from 2017. If the economy improves by then, rental should stabilise or increase in 2017 from the low in 2016.

The JB condos that were launched during the peak in 2013-2014 should VP in 2017-2018, and this will be an even tougher period for landlords in JB since tenants are already quite hard to find currently. IMHO, the condo rental in JB may collapse in 2018 follow by a gradual recovery in 2020.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
2015 and 2016 are the most challenging years for landlords in SG due to the sheer number of condo TOPs and weak economy. These are the condos that were launched in 2012-2013 when government land sales was still quite high (2011 election effect to flood the market with housing). The number of TOPs should start to come down from 2017. If the economy improves by then, rental should stabilise or increase in 2017 from the low in 2016.

The JB condos that were launched during the peak in 2013-2014 should VP in 2017-2018, and this will be an even tougher period for landlords in JB since tenants are already quite hard to find currently. IMHO, the condo rental in JB may collapse in 2018 follow by a gradual recovery in 2020.

Actually I think the Condo rental market in JB has already collapsed.
Rentals now are well below the typical loan mortgages assuming 70/80% over 20yrs.

I don't see any recovery in the next few years.
Simply too much supply of condos and apartments.
From East to city area, to Bukit Indah, to PH, to Austin, to Molek, to Medini, to the West, etc - full of new condos/apartments coming to market.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you just making a wild guess on recovery in 2020, any basis? Or luan pom?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rentals now are well below the typical loan mortgages assuming 70/80% over 20yrs.

From East to city area, to Bukit Indah, to PH, to Austin, to Molek, to Medini, to the West, etc - full of new condos/apartments coming to market.

Property is driven by supply and demand, true that supply is too much but don't forget the 6m and 10m plan, to drive demand, at least my forecast based on solid facts, unlike some "property gurus" here

ctsbh

Alfrescian
Loyal

hello.. you xebay11 or sibei LL KID.. lol.. claiming to be a millionaire which were mostly inherited by your father I believed.. but after so many years frequenting MY you mostly frequent Johor Sentosa!!. It only show how pathetic you are!! So you better dun luan porm leh!!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The cheaper ones that were bought >10 years ago have chances of positive cash flow. For the newer ones, the better located ones will be rented out faster. It will definitely take some time for market to digest the oversupply.

ctsbh

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL.. my previous message which I posted around 1045pm is being moderated as always.. haha.. Sibei LL you may say anything you like as I believe you already join the ladyboy club.. LOL...Chao...

ctsbh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property is driven by supply and demand, true that supply is too much but don't forget the 6m and 10m plan, to drive demand, at least my forecast based on solid facts, unlike some "property gurus" here

FUCK LAH.. talk so much here and not yet buying any properties!!! you are really a cheap skate idiot who only depend on your daddy..lol.. hiaz!!

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
As mentioned in my other post, RM1.5k or about S$500 gets one a nice landed house with garden or a 2-bedroom fully furnished move in condo. If i need to stay in Iskandar for whatever reason, it's a no brainer to rent.

Landlords in Johor are the ones who have to bear the long term risks involved. I feel the situation now is landlords are serving the tenants.

Some are banging on the HSR or RTS completion for the property market to improve. But we shall see.....

ctsbh

Alfrescian
Loyal
As mentioned in my other post, RM1.5k or about S$500 gets one a nice landed house with garden or a 2-bedroom fully furnished move in condo. If i need to stay in Iskandar for whatever reason, it's a no brainer to rent.

Landlords in Johor are the ones who have to bear the long term risks involved. I feel the situation now is landlords are serving the tenants.

Some are banging on the HSR or RTS completion for the property market to improve. But we shall see.....

I agree with you that investing in condos in MY are not wise choices for SG citizens.. but seeing you postings after your daddy (xebay11) really make me ponder your real intentions.. lol.. is it INCEST!!! LOL

ctsbh

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG!!.. Is it another incest stories!! lol.. Hello Assusguy.. still waiting U to ban me again. lol.: oIo:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cheaper ones that were bought >10 years ago have chances of positive cash flow. For the newer ones, the better located ones will be rented out faster. It will definitely take some time for market to digest the oversupply.

Digest what oversupply? Johor has so much land, they can keep on building new condos once there is any signs of take up, it is unlike Singapore with ABSD, TDSR to kill demand, a projection of 6 to 10 million population and limited land, all these would shape the demand and supply of property, what measures are there in place in Johor? Stop making wild guess predictions.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

And there is still lots of time for that to decide on buying Johor property, and then again, it may never happen.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Digest what oversupply? Johor has so much land, they can keep on building new condos once there is any signs of take up, it is unlike Singapore with ABSD, TDSR to kill demand, a projection of 6 to 10 million population and limited land, all these would shape the demand and supply of property, what measures are there in place in Johor? Stop making wild guess predictions.

You seem to know the best in SG and JB property markets. You win the discussion. Hope this makes you happy.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even with ABSD, Singaporeans and foreigners are willing to pay! The interest in new property launches in Singapore is still considered strong despite the cooling measures. This baffles me. Are people so rich?

Maybe if there is a recession and owners start losing jobs, we might see lots of properties being sold for cheap. But it does show how much faith they have in the SG property market.

To me, I find most new SG launches are overpriced. 3 bedroom private condo is only like 741 sq ft and cost S$1.3k psf or more, depending on location! Crazy.... and most condos come with lots of space wastage. The balconies and air con ledges are the worst.

I wouldn't buy a condo in SG to live inside.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with ABSD, Singaporeans and foreigners are willing to pay! The interest in new property launches in Singapore is still considered strong despite the cooling measures. This baffles me. Are people so rich?

Maybe if there is a recession and owners start losing jobs, we might see lots of properties being sold for cheap. But it does show how much faith they have in the SG property market.

To me, I find most new SG launches are overpriced. 3 bedroom private condo is only like 741 sq ft and cost S$1.3k psf or more, depending on location! Crazy.... and most condos come with lots of space wastage. The balconies and air con ledges are the worst.

I wouldn't buy a condo in SG to live inside.

True, Singapore properties are overpriced, but blame it on Singapore being a safe haven for the rich.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, Singapore properties are overpriced, but blame it on Singapore being a safe haven for the rich.

Many Singaporeans (including peasants like me) have aspirations to own an additional property, be it for investment (flip to make a quick buck or to rent out) or to stay (and maybe rent out HDB, if any). But as mentioned it is so overpriced (but then again, I suppose for peasants everything is overpriced simply because we boh lui) so it is just difficult for many people, and mere wishful thinking for peasantry. So JB would seem to be an alternative and easily accessible location to own that property, even though it is considered overpriced within JB, but relative to Singapore it is a much more an attainable aspiration rather than remaining just wishful thinking. So if property prices are continuing to shoot up in SG, perhaps come 2018 when most Singaporeans can "see and touch" the completed condo projects, there might be more buy-ins into JB condos, perhaps not mainly for investment purposes, but for that desire to own another property, to realise a dream or aspiration made impossible in our own country.

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
many who buy sg condos be it expensive or over priced are PR from china.

like my colleague from shanghai...she bought a freehold three bedroom condo a few years ago. she also has a hdb. actually sg property price she told me is very reasonable compared with "inner circles" of beijing or shanghai, where the price now is 20k sgd per square metre leh...
her parents sold one flat in shanghai so she can afford to pay full cash for the sg condo.

bur for commoners in sg, that is impossible. either not enough money for downpayment. or burdened with 30 or 40 years loan.