• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini serviced apartments to be unveiled soon
Sep 18, 2014

Sunway Iskandar will soon preview and launch its serviced apartments at the Citrine project at The Lakeview Precinct in Medini, after it sold all of the designer offices at the development.

The developer will offer 328 serviced apartments priced from RM800 to RM900 psf, with sizes ranging between 618 sq ft and 1,571 sq ft.

Meanwhile, Sunway held a Mid-Autumn Festival at its sales gallery in The Lakeview Precinct last week, attracting about 1,000 people from across Malaysia and even Singapore.

“The event welcomed a community of some 1,000 who were enthralled by the appearance of Moon Lady and Bunny, while fire eaters, drum performances, an LED Dragon Dance, spectacular fireworks and more kept the crowd entertained,” said the company.

“Besides enjoying the newly opened sales gallery, guests of the evening also had the opportunity to immerse in Nature’s Capital City with a tranquil 20-acre Emerald Lake Garden located next to it.”

One of the guests was Johor resident and property investor Goh Yock Tee. He strolled along the pristine lake, released lanterns into the air and even fed the fishes as well.

“I’m glad I came. Sunway is well-known for its world-class developments and I believe Sunway Iskandar is a fantastic project for the Southern region. I am confident that the plan to build a community township will catch on and I encourage property buyers to invest in Sunway Iskandar.”

Tan Wee Bee, Sunway Iskandar’s Executive Director for Property and Construction for Singapore and Southern Malaysia, added that “the Mid-Autumn Festival Event is our inaugural community event for Sunway Iskandar and we are very happy that many families took time to attend the celebration together with us.”

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...edini-serviced-apartments-to-be-unveiled-soon

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini serviced apartments to be unveiled soon
Sep 18, 2014

Sunway Iskandar will soon preview and launch its serviced apartments at the Citrine project at The Lakeview Precinct in Medini, after it sold all of the designer offices at the development.

The developer will offer 328 serviced apartments priced from RM800 to RM900 psf, with sizes ranging between 618 sq ft and 1,571 sq ft.

Meanwhile, Sunway held a Mid-Autumn Festival at its sales gallery in The Lakeview Precinct last week, attracting about 1,000 people from across Malaysia and even Singapore.

“The event welcomed a community of some 1,000 who were enthralled by the appearance of Moon Lady and Bunny, while fire eaters, drum performances, an LED Dragon Dance, spectacular fireworks and more kept the crowd entertained,” said the company.

“Besides enjoying the newly opened sales gallery, guests of the evening also had the opportunity to immerse in Nature’s Capital City with a tranquil 20-acre Emerald Lake Garden located next to it.”

One of the guests was Johor resident and property investor Goh Yock Tee. He strolled along the pristine lake, released lanterns into the air and even fed the fishes as well.

“I’m glad I came. Sunway is well-known for its world-class developments and I believe Sunway Iskandar is a fantastic project for the Southern region. I am confident that the plan to build a community township will catch on and I encourage property buyers to invest in Sunway Iskandar.”

Tan Wee Bee, Sunway Iskandar’s Executive Director for Property and Construction for Singapore and Southern Malaysia, added that “the Mid-Autumn Festival Event is our inaugural community event for Sunway Iskandar and we are very happy that many families took time to attend the celebration together with us.”

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...edini-serviced-apartments-to-be-unveiled-soon

Hee hee, I was there for free makan and free show!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh really. then it's expensive. i vaguely remembered lakeview was the plot that was not part of medini and so tenure was FH.

If for own living, Sunway is okie even if it is leasehold. Of course you have to be mindful of the flip flop policies of the State especially if it is purely for investment. These guys are township developers and not "taman" builders. So you are buying a concept and a neighbourhood.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If for own living, Sunway is okie even if it is leasehold. Of course you have to be mindful of the flip flop policies of the State especially if it is purely for investment. These guys are township developers and not "taman" builders. So you are buying a concept and a neighbourhood.

i still feel it's a bit expensive! and there's nothing there at the moment.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey, you should be the right guy to confirm this. my singaporean friend told me he doesn't need to pay any state consent for a condo in KL (KL, not selangor), as there isn't any. he just needs to comply to the 1M RM threshold. He's guessing since he hasn't bought any yet, but is it true?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, you should be the right guy to confirm this. my singaporean friend told me he doesn't need to pay any state consent for a condo in KL (KL, not selangor), as there isn't any. he just needs to comply to the 1M RM threshold. He's guessing since he hasn't bought any yet, but is it true?
1M threshold is appicable to the entire Malaysia as it is a policy made by Ministerial level (Economic Planning Unit).
State consent is applicable on individual State who have the authority on Land office.
KL, Labuan or Putrajaya belong to Federal Government, it do not belong to the State, hence any regulations on State transfer consent has nothing to do with with them. Freehold is very important when these issues crop up. Freehold means you can transfer without going through the State approvals while leasehold has transfer restrictions subjected to their approvals. At least this is from a Malaysian perspective. Not too sure if foreigners need special consent on freehold titles but if leasehold, it is a definite requirement.
So 1M threshold and state approvals are 2 different things altogether.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
1M threshold is appicable to the entire Malaysia as it is a policy made by Ministerial level (Economic Planning Unit).
State consent is applicable on individual State who have the authority on Land office.
KL, Labuan or Putrajaya belong to Federal Government, it do not belong to the State, hence any regulations on State transfer consent has nothing to do with with them. Freehold is very important when these issues crop up. Freehold means you can transfer without going through the State approvals while leasehold has transfer restrictions subjected to their approvals. At least this is from a Malaysian perspective. Not too sure if foreigners need special consent on freehold titles but if leasehold, it is a definite requirement.
So 1M threshold and state approvals are 2 different things altogether.

Yup, got that. But what was told to us during a viewing in KL was that he (singaporean) need not pay the 20 or 30k (or whatever) state consent fee as KL doesn't levy a fee. so the question was whether there was a separate fee for the consent like in johor state. the property agent seemed quite sure there was no such state consent fee for foreigner purchase. it was a LH bangsar condo.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, got that. But what was told to us during a viewing in KL was that he (singaporean) need not pay the 20 or 30k (or whatever) state consent fee as KL doesn't levy a fee. so the question was whether there was a separate fee for the consent like in johor state. the property agent seemed quite sure there was no such state consent fee for foreigner purchase. it was a LH bangsar condo.

There's no seperate state consent fee for a LH in KL. But stamp duty on MOT (Memorandum of Transfer) is applicable based on gross buying price. On the average of RM 1.5million, the fees to be paid is about RM 40k.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU: Affordable homes are privileges given to the people by the state and, as such, should not be used as a way to make profits, said Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin.

Those who received affordable homes, he said, would soon be barred from selling their units within at least five years without approval from the state government.

This policy was similar to that applied for bumiputra lots, said Mohamed Khaled, adding that this was to prevent abuse.

“All the affordable homes granted to the people are subsidised by the state government,” he said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/09/21/No-more-reselling-of-affordable-homes-says-MB/

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like hdb flats in Singapore.
JOHOR BARU: Affordable homes are privileges given to the people by the state and, as such, should not be used as a way to make profits, said Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin.

Those who received affordable homes, he said, would soon be barred from selling their units within at least five years without approval from the state government.

This policy was similar to that applied for bumiputra lots, said Mohamed Khaled, adding that this was to prevent abuse.

“All the affordable homes granted to the people are subsidised by the state government,” he said.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/09/21/No-more-reselling-of-affordable-homes-says-MB/

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like hdb flats in Singapore.

Yes, this should be the way to implement. In fact, PR1MA housing also has other conditions, for example, must be for own use (no rental of units allowed). Of course, this can be easily circumvented in Malaysia, but it's good that M'sia govt is putting emphasis on affordable housing esp in KL and JB. Actually JB situation is not that bad, still can get decent subsale houses for less than 400k.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...lagers-vent-anger-at-mega-reclamation-project

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
as I mention before, i am disgusted with the way johor has gone about developing iskandar. there is so much land, is there really a need to reclaim 4 huge man made island just so china developer can sell luxury home to (what they assume are) gullible singaporeans and PRs? too much!

The issue is that the state government has no control over the Sultan. So, they cannot plan as they wish. The sultan is smart. He is reaping a windfall from the gullible Chinese developers.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Sultan is just cashing in on Iskandar project.
I think the federal govt is having a lot of difficulties with him.

Hari Raya celebrations only saw the junior ministers visiting him from Singapore which is quite telling also.