• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
BRT is much much cheaper to implement than RTS. Also, for BRT, if not profitable down the road, they can just cut off those unprofitable routes or reduce their frequencies.

On the other hand, Singapore is also a tough nut to crack. They will also want to ensure that it will benefit them before giving the green light. Like I said before, there's actually no need for the RTS but just increase the frequency (eg: every 20 mins) of the existing KTM between JB and Woodlands will do. But I doubt KTM can get the permit from Singapore for the extra trips.

Just built a sheltered walk way across can already . They can built park connectors for animals to walk but cannot justified to built one for human to walk huh ?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment, the traffic jams between Jb and SG are the main tools for SG to prevent excessive moving out of businesses from SG to jb. There is little chance SG would make the rts easy.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment, the traffic jams between Jb and SG are the main tools for SG to prevent excessive moving out of businesses from SG to jb. There is little chance SG would make the rts easy.

To have any chance to work together, both parties must have the heart and interest to negotiate. Singapore do not have that intention. They only want to play delay game and half hearted talks. That' s why I said many times, with or without Singapore, Iskandar will carry on developments and HSR. MY is not talking about RTS anymore.

So those who bought and had plans, rethink your strategy.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
To have any chance to work together, both parties must have the heart and interest to negotiate. Singapore do not have that intention. They only want to play delay game and half hearted talks. That' s why I said many times, with or without Singapore, Iskandar will carry on developments and HSR. MY is not talking about RTS anymore.

I think it is sensible not to place too much weight on the realization of rts as any sensible govt would make decision based on national interests. If malaysia were to give China a free hand at iskandar, China could very well carve out a competitive port, refineries, petrol chemicals complexes, bunkering centers, industrial estates, international trade hubs, financial services and support centres, at least to service China's own growing substantial investments, businesses and trades in the region.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is sensible not to place too much weight on the realization of rts as any sensible govt would make decision based on national interests. If malaysia were to give China a free hand at iskandar, China could very well carve out a competitive port, refineries, petrol chemicals complexes, bunkering centers, industrial estates, international trade hubs, financial services and support centres, at least to service China's own growing substantial investments, businesses and trades in the region.

One has to fight own's battles. Hopefully investors sandwiched in the middle would not be caught.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, China can only have limited success in Malaysia due to racial and religious differences, especially if a more conservative leader may be in place in Malaysia in the future. If the Malay and Chinese can really and truthfully integrate, the Singapore/Malaysia relationship would have been better during the pre-Najib era.

Not wanting to touch too much on religious issues here, but if China will become too harsh towards its XinJiang's Uighurs, there will definitely be repercussions here in Malaysia towards the Chinese investments and nationals.

And to add further, even though I'm a Chinese (by race) myself, I wouldn't want to be too reliant on China due to the way they will always do and make decisions unilaterally without any concern for the other minorities. Just look at the way their leaders talk and act as well as their medias publish and their infringements on intellectual property rights, and I know I cannot trust them at all.

I had once spoken to a China lady who is married to a Malaysian in Kuantan. She told me that in her hometown, the developers will come and confiscate their land with minimal compensation. When they complain to the (corrupted) local authority, they were told to pursue the matter with the Central Government and when they do so, the Central Government told them it's beyond their authority because the land is under the charge of the municipal authority there. What a load of crap? That was also how LKY got cheated in the Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). After a few years, their municipal government copied and set up an exact replica (and named it as The New SIP) next to it offering at half the cost to its clients. Even when LKY brought the matter up to the Central Government, there was nothing more he could do.

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, China can only have limited success in Malaysia due to racial and religious differences, especially if a more conservative leader may be in place in Malaysia in the future. If the Malay and Chinese can really and truthfully integrate, the Singapore/Malaysia relationship would have been better during the pre-Najib era.

Not wanting to touch too much on religious issues here, but if China will become too harsh towards its XinJiang's Uighurs, there will definitely be repercussions here in Malaysia towards the Chinese investments and nationals.

And to add further, even though I'm a Chinese (by race) myself, I wouldn't want to be too reliant on China due to the way they will always do and make decisions unilaterally without any concern for the other minorities. Just look at the way their leaders talk and act as well as their medias publish and I know I cannot trust them at all.

MY Chinese and Malays will never fully integrate, unlike in Indonesia or Thailand. It's because we have a very fragmented school system, everyone hold on to their own, no one make an effort to integrate.

I went to a public school where I used Malay as the medium and I can tell you sometimes, I feel very ashamed that my fellow Chinese bros look down on certain ppl and try to emulate the Taiwanese/HK's, instead of developing our own Malaysian culture.

Sorry, back to properties.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY Chinese and Malays will never fully integrate, unlike in Indonesia or Thailand.
That is also the reason holding me back from buying a 2nd property since 2009. Frankly, I'd always remind myself that I'm just living on borrowed land. Should there be any repercussions, I'll have to return to my homeland, strictly because I'm just a minority here, even though I am fair and impartial.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had once spoken to a China lady who is married to a Malaysian in Kuantan. She told me that in her hometown, the developers will come and confiscate their land with minimal compensation. When they complain to the (corrupted) local authority, they were told to pursue the matter with the Central Government and when they do so, the Central Government told them it's beyond their authority because the land is under the charge of the municipal authority there. What a load of crap? That was also how LKY got cheated in the Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). After a few years, their municipal government copied and set up an exact replica (and named it as The New SIP) next to it offering at half the cost to its clients. Even when LKY brought the matter up to the Central Government, there was nothing more he could do.

Yep, thanks for reminding me, I have heard many such incidents before. Not only foreigners but Chinese also not welcome in Malaysia.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep, thanks for reminding me, I have heard many such incidents before. Not only foreigners but Chinese also not welcome in Malaysia.
We all know that quite a lot of Malaysian Chinese are emigrating, especially those richer and capable ones. My neighbor's 2 sisters are already in Australia with their Malaysian husbands. He himself is already applying for the Green card. Only his parents still live in KL.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

And to add further, even though I'm a Chinese (by race) myself, I wouldn't want to be too reliant on China due to the way they will always do and make decisions unilaterally without any concern for the other minorities. Just look at the way their leaders talk and act as well as their medias publish and their infringements on intellectual property rights, and I know I cannot trust them at all.

Certainly Prc has a lot to fix and improved but also certainly the country has come a long way after being practically a failed state for some two hundreds years, as semi colony and one half decades of anti japanese invasion wars and also few decades of civil wars. Tens of millions Chinese perished during those times. With that background, I hope for the best the country is moving towards to in the future. From the more than 2 thousand years of experience of the Jews who only managed to build a country of their own half a century back, remember no race is truly able to protect itself until a strong country is holding the flag for that people.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Certainly Prc has a lot to fix and improved but also certainly the country has come a long way after being practically a failed state for some two hundreds years, as semi colony and one half decades of anti japanese invasion wars and also few decades of civil wars. Tens of millions Chinese perished during those times. With that background, I hope for the best the country is moving towards to in the future. From the more than 2 thousand years of experience of the Jews who only managed to build a country of their own half a century back, remember no race is truly able to protect itself until a strong country is holding the flag for that people.
This current generation of Chinese had been brain-washed by Mao. He is the cause of the greed and ungracious mentality of the majority of today's China Chinese. Our ancestors' generation were more magnanimous and grateful towards mankind. Just make a comparison between the people of China and Taiwan for yourself. Their attitudes and behaviors differ like black and white, although most elderly Taiwanese would have also been from the Mainland.

Ok, ok, back to Property News please.

Last edited:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I read it differently. Singapore needs blue collar workers from across the causeway. It's happening now and we need more of them in future.
If the SG businesses need to pay more to entice them in, then cost goes up everywhere.
RTS is good for both MY and SG.

As for many SGporeans going in JB to shop....don't you think there's also many Malaysians coming in to Sg to spend too?
So I think this balances itself out and the effect is neutralized.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read it differently. Singapore needs blue collar workers from across the causeway. It's happening now and we need more of them in future.
If the SG businesses need to pay more to entice them in, then cost goes up everywhere.
RTS is good for both MY and SG.

As for many SGporeans going in JB to shop....don't you think there's also many Malaysians coming in to Sg to spend too?
So I think this balances itself out and the effect is neutralized.

It is not the market demand that decide on the connectivity. It is reluctance of the authorities. The ferry is a good example. There's nothing to be built. MY had taken the initiative to build it but no approval from SG to go to Harbourfront.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
This current generation of Chinese had been brain-washed by Mao. He is the cause of the greed and ungracious mentality of the majority of today's China Chinese. Our ancestors' generation were more magnanimous and grateful towards mankind. Just make a comparison between the people of China and Taiwan for yourself. Their attitudes and behaviors differ like black and white, although most elderly Taiwanese would have also been from the Mainland.

Ok, ok, back to Property News please.

Such generalizations are seldom right.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the market demand that decide on the connectivity. It is reluctance of the authorities. The ferry is a good example. There's nothing to be built. MY had taken the initiative to build it but no approval from SG to go to Harbourfront.

Hmm… Is it MY side did not push for it as there's very little demand for ridership from PH currently?
The Ferry from Harbourfront to PH if materialize would make PH condos more attractive to Singaporeans.
If it indeed happens, it's a Bonus. Will help both countries Tourism Sectors too as well as ease some Traffic at customs.

:smile:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ferry will surely materialize. The ridership is little because.... there is only one completed condo in entire PH.

The only factor needed is... Time.

Hmm… Is it MY side did not push for it as there's very little demand for ridership from PH currently?
The Ferry from Harbourfront to PH if materialize would make PH condos more attractive to Singaporeans.
If it indeed happens, it's a Bonus. Will help both countries Tourism Sectors too as well as ease some Traffic at customs.

:smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ferry will surely materialize. The ridership is little because.... there is only one completed condo in entire PH.

The only factor needed is... Time.

The ferry is not exclusively for PH. If it is operational, people will come from Medini or even from JB. It will be park and ride for those who do not need to be in the rush hours. SG just do not want the link. And MY also do not talk about these links any more. When is the last time you hear about ferry or RTS officially from either side? MY is going ahead to do things on its own and sideline whatever cooperation there is. That's how I see it.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal