• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While we are all focussed on Johore RM1m foreigner cap, Melaka is pushing its property to Singaporeans with potential HSR stop.
The foreigner limit in Melaka is only RM500k. Interesting.

But only for leasehold if i am not mistaken.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
While we are all focussed on Johore RM1m foreigner cap, Melaka is pushing its property to Singaporeans with potential HSR stop.
The proposed HSR stop is in Ayer Keroh, which is about 40 minutes drive into Malacca city, taking into consideration the traffic congestion and plentiful of traffic lights around.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The proposed HSR stop is in Ayer Keroh, which is about 40 minutes drive into Malacca city, taking into consideration the traffic congestion and plentiful of traffic lights around.

All train stations be it MRT, BRT or HSR will have feeder buses and car parks. I am sure if they can spend billions, they can spend those extra millions on these.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
All train stations be it MRT, BRT or HSR will have feeder buses and car parks. I am sure if they can spend billions, they can spend those extra millions on these.

No matter how bad others say about Malaysia, this is what happened yesterday.

Crowds swelled at tourist spots around the country, particularly in Malacca, Johor and Penang, as visitors took advantage of the three-day weekend to go for a short break.

Also packed with visitors were popular shopping malls and outlets while hotels saw good business.

In Malacca, visitors thronged parts of the Unesco Heritage City and Alor Gajah, especially along Jonker Street, causing a traffic snarl. Even alternative roads were congested with motorists trying to evade the jams.

What used to be a half-hour drive from the city to Alor Gajah via the Alor Gajah-Jasin Highway became an almost two hour journey yesterday due to the heavy volume of cars.

Policeman Sjn Mejar S. Arangkannal, 55, from the Malacca police headquarters was volunteering for a non-governmental group to bring food to three families in Alor Gajah.

He said he was caught in a twohour jam from his quarters in Bukit Beruang here.

“I was supposed to deliver the food by 1pm but I only managed to reach Pengkalan at 3pm,” he said.

With tourists pouring into the city yesterday evening, most hotels were fully booked.

In Johor Baru, the long Labour Day weekend saw Singaporeans making a beeline for the state’s various attractions. Among them was accountant Kelvin Tan, 32, who took his family to the Legoland Malaysia theme park in Iskandar Puteri.

He said his two children, aged six and nine, had been pestering him to take them to the theme park.

“My wife and I decided to give them a surprise. We left Singapore quite early to avoid the congestion along the Second Link,” he said.

Assistant manager K. Delvaraj, 41, brought his family to Johor Premium Outlets for a shopping spree.

“We got some good bargains compared to back home,” he said.

In Kuala Lumpur, locations such as the Petronas Twin Towers and Central Market saw huge crowds.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/05/02/crowds-swell-at-tourist-spots/

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a natural place to invest for Singaporeans if TDSR & ABSD & $ is not an issue, period.
Malaysia esp Iskandar is a different animal altogether. It's meant for different purposes.
Buying a home in Iskandar for retirement or Holiday/Vacation stay is good.
For investment your horizon minimum need set 10yrs timeline.

As ASIAPac economies Grow esp in India/China, Huge Demand for Asean producers.
Singapore has limited Land. Iskandar right beside has it. It will be foolish not to cooperate.
The piece of cake/demand from our Neighouring Fast Growing Economy in ASIAPac is Humongous.

Msia is well poised to take advantage of the BOOM in ASIA next decade or 2.
Manufacturing/Export especially will do very well. Future is very bright for her people/GDP.
As Income/GDP/population grows, so will Inflation. As inflation edges up, property prices will follow as well.

So… All these views about Doom & Gloom, Supply Glut, etc. U decide for yourself.
Not everybody can see the Future potential. Likewise nobody has a Crystal Ball to foresee future.
Like some forummers said. Nobody forces u to come. U see potential? U come. Dun cum liao Cry Father/Mother.

:biggrin:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a natural place to invest for Singaporeans if TDSR & ABSD & $ is not an issue, period.
Malaysia esp Iskandar is a different animal altogether. It's meant for different purposes.
Buying a home in Iskandar for retirement or Holiday/Vacation stay is good.
For investment your horizon minimum need set 10yrs timeline.

The property cycle, peaks and troughs, used to run in 10 years. Not sure if it still holds true today. If the cycle hasn't changed much, "investors" who intend to flip in a short time should be categorised as speculators. Investors assume much less risks than speculators, akin investors of blue chip stocks versus speculators in SGX.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be better if they will divert a little and make the HSR stop at Malacca instead. The fully air-conditioned Sentral (bus) terminus is plentiful of space and can easily accommodate an above-ground HSR station with very good connectivity as well. Besides, it will be a big advantage especially when Malacca is heavily promoted as a touristy city and a large part of its revenue is coming from tourism receipts. It will not only does good to Malacca, but also generate more ridership and income for the HSR.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah , after you brought it will change to 1M , than must sell to locals , foreigner cannot buy .

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The property cycle, peaks and troughs, used to run in 10 years. Not sure if it still holds true today. If the cycle hasn't changed much, "investors" who intend to flip in a short time should be categorised as speculators. Investors assume much less risks than speculators, akin investors of blue chip stocks versus speculators in SGX.

Actually, those not buying to stay in Iskandar are not necessarily speculators who want to flip. They are buying for investment.

Yes, I don't know about the "10 years" timeline I am hearing so often. Who sets this 10 years? A talk I attended had this Malaysian property guy saying in 2018/19, Iskandar properties will start to move again. Some agents told me give it 10-15 years.

Look at HSR. Initially, some said 2020 completed. Then extended to 2022. Then now 2027. Some say add 3 more years, 2030? Some argue now Maybe it won't happen at all due to costs and complicated issues.

Look at the Johor's own cooling measures. The flip flop policy changes. Basically, these are risks if one is going into the market without the intention to live in there.

Nobody can assure anyone 10 years is the safe holding period. Maybe the RM currency weakens further against yours? Maybe there will be new policies that restrict your selling? 10-15 years is a long time for an investment filled with such uncertainties.

I think buy what your pocket can afford and know the reasons. If you're buying purely for investment and you can't find rents or buyers, that could be a serious issue, depending on your finances. There's bank loan, property tax, maintenance fees, utilities, etc.

If you buy cos you want to live there or you can afford it, there shouldn't be any problem.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

You may be 99% wrong here.
First, the HSR is now even on the drawing board yet and even if going ahead, it'll be at least another 10 years wait.

Spending money was never a big problem in MY because big spending also means big "profit" for some people.
SG has a great and efficient port so some people spent billions to build one as big to compete but ended up with a huge corruption case and a mediocre port.
Hardware can easily spend money to buy but without a competent software to run on it, its as good as a piece of junk and I'm sure you've also heard of that famous billion$$$ French submarine that can't dive with a sensational murder case thrown in.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may be 99% wrong here.
First, the HSR is now even on the drawing board yet and even if going ahead, it'll be at least another 10 years wait.

Spending money was never a big problem in MY because big spending also means big "profit" for some people.
SG has a great and efficient port so some people spent billions to build one as big to compete but ended up with a huge corruption case and a mediocre port.
Hardware can easily spend money to buy but without a competent software to run on it, its as good as a piece of junk and I'm sure you've also heard of that famous billion$$$ French submarine that can't dive with a sensational murder case thrown in.

Malaysia is full of corruptions.
Singaporeans beware, don't even come near Malaysia. Singaporeans, stay out if you cannot accept Malaysia which is deeply corrupted.
You want to come in, don't blame MY if you get robbed and blackmailed.

Singapore is very efficient..ask Ho Ching if you don't believe. But Singapore all small news...even small case like Botak Ong also make headlines all over. Malaysia different. People murdered also no one want to know. See how bad Malaysia is? Rape or murder, you choose.

Malaysian railway also very dangerous, let alone make HSR. Sure gonna have big accident one. Why? Corruption sure get bad railways. Efficient rails like SMRT also can have accident like few workers die for nothing. Die also dunno what hit them. Maybe MY must ask SG Transport Minister for assistance in making HSR, then only efficient. So Singaporeans. DO NOT TAKE MY Railways. Very dangerous you know. Corruption ma.

Oh...forgot. This is property news thread.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mulia Property Development Sdn Bhd, which is part of Indonesia’s commercial property developer Mulia Group, will be building its 92-storey Signature Tower in the 70-acre site that is being primed as Malaysia’s financial and banking district. When completed, it will be among the top 15 tallest buildings in the world while Merdeka PNB118 is among the top 10. When the Petronas Twin Towers were completed in 1998, they were the world’s tallest.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/05/02/mulia-to-make-signature-mark/

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mulia Property Development Sdn Bhd, which is part of Indonesia’s commercial property developer Mulia Group, will be building its 92-storey Signature Tower in the 70-acre site that is being primed as Malaysia’s financial and banking district. When completed, it will be among the top 15 tallest buildings in the world while Merdeka PNB118 is among the top 10. When the Petronas Twin Towers were completed in 1998, they were the world’s tallest.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/05/02/mulia-to-make-signature-mark/

All this building tall crap is so unnecessary, all for show only.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans beware, don't even come near Malaysia. Singaporeans, stay out if you cannot accept Malaysia which is deeply corrupted.

Singapore is very efficient..ask Ho Ching if you don't believe. But Singapore all small news...even small case like Botak Ong also make headlines all over. Malaysia different. People murdered also no one want to know. See how bad Malaysia is? Rape or murder, you choose.

Malaysian railway also very dangerous, let alone make HSR. Sure gonna have big accident one. Why? Corruption sure get bad railways. Efficient rails like SMRT also can have accident like few workers die for nothing. Die also dunno what hit them. Maybe MY must ask SG Transport Minister for assistance in making HSR, then only efficient. So Singaporeans. DO NOT TAKE MY Railways. Very dangerous you know. Corruption ma.

Awww, you need not be so annoyed and worked up, so sad to see you unable to accept facts and degenerating into a bitchy auntie.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Botak Ong...wahliao....itchy politics leh. This one not money corruption. This one sexual corruption lah. Sama sama lah.
Tapi hor, PAP act blur. :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-What-actually-happen-between-David-Ong-and-Wendy

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Awww, you need not be so annoyed and worked up, so sad to see you unable to accept facts and degenerating into a bitchy auntie.

Don't worry, the truth is most Singaporeans would not invest or even go to Johor, I have more friends who are anti Johor no matter how cheap then keen on Johor, even in this forum, there is probably only a grand total of 5 people here who are super enthusiastic on Johor.