• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
those kap kia machiam mozzies..very irritating one. :p wahaha.

When I choose my high floor unit, I flipped the masterplan of the whole area for 3 days 3 nights to make sure no main roads and no high building in front. I cannot stand a little noise and I will always leave my windows wide open. That's the own purpose of going high and paying premium, unblocked and view of sea and lake, quiet, low humidity, relatively safe, no bugs, windy, right amount of sun and parking lot just beside the lift. Everyday feels like a resort.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean kinda whistling sound...it is caused by strong wind getting into the gaps of the windows and sliding doors. All you need to do is to buy those narrow about 6mm width urethane sponge strips with double faced tapes and line it to the window casement. That should solve it.

Much more than that, you need to hear it yourself. Without any window in between I mean. I cannot stand it even at level 28. Thanks for the advise, I will not buy a high floor and leave the windows closed.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I choose my high floor unit, I flipped the masterplan of the whole area for 3 days 3 nights to make sure no main roads and no high building in front. I cannot stand a little noise and I will always leave my windows wide open. That's the own purpose of going high and paying premium, unblocked and view of sea and lake, quiet, low humidity, relatively safe, no bugs, windy, right amount of sun and parking lot just beside the lift. Everyday feels like a resort.

Cheap, good, big and fresh...very hard to find le :biggrin: :biggrin:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You haven't experience those kap kia illegal races.
Anyway, kap kia is part of our Malaysian youth cultures. Welcome to this part of the world. :smile:

Whenever I hear those kupkias “pairrr pairrr pairrr” and zoom past me I always feel very irritated one. I mean, come on, I am fine with the majestic vroom of a Harley Davidson, but these are bloody irritating high pitch noises made by cheap bikes! Why on earth do these dudes want to be so irritating? Can they even hear their pillion riders talk amidst that din? Or they want to tell motorists that they are coming fast and furious? Sure maybe they are modified to go fast, but still they are irritating rather than impressive. I mean, these bikes are actually quite quiet one when new, but somehow they are being modified until they are noise makers. That’s one peeve I have. The other irritating behaviour is that many of these kupkia riders are chain smokers, even when the causeway is jammed full of exhaust fumes! I hate it when they just huff and puff smoke right in my face. I think they should wear a full face helmet and smoke in there! Already so polluted and yet still add to it. Wah…really buay tahan! I hope these people can practise some “self love” (zi ai) and take care of themselves better than to damage themselves and others.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever I hear those kupkias “pairrr pairrr pairrr” and zoom past me I always feel very irritated one. I mean, come on, I am fine with the majestic vroom of a Harley Davidson, but these are bloody irritating high pitch noises made by cheap bikes! Why on earth do these dudes want to be so irritating? Can they even hear their pillion riders talk amidst that din? Or they want to tell motorists that they are coming fast and furious? Sure maybe they are modified to go fast, but still they are irritating rather than impressive. I mean, these bikes are actually quite quiet one when new, but somehow they are being modified until they are noise makers. That’s one peeve I have. The other irritating behaviour is that many of these kupkia riders are chain smokers, even when the causeway is jammed full of exhaust fumes! I hate it when they just huff and puff smoke right in my face. I think they should wear a full face helmet and smoke in there! Already so polluted and yet still add to it. Wah…really buay tahan! I hope these people can practise some “self love” (zi ai) and take care of themselves better than to damage themselves and others.

If you use the Causeway regularly, you'll notice that the under construction Princess Cove, some apartment blocks are SO VERY CLOSE to the elevated road coming out from the CIQ.
The new residents there will have to appreciate or have to learn to appreciate all the kupkias' “pairrr pairrr pairrr” zooming pass" all day long 24/7 together with all the exhaust fumes and smoke from about 100,000 cars, buses and lorries daily.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you use the Causeway regularly, you'll notice that the under construction Princess Cove, some apartment blocks are SO VERY CLOSE to the elevated road coming out from the CIQ.
The new residents there will have to appreciate or have to learn to appreciate all the kupkias' “pairrr pairrr pairrr” zooming pass" all day long 24/7 together with all the exhaust fumes and smoke from about 100,000 cars, buses and lorries daily.

LOL! Actually Princess Cove location quite ideal for those working in SG. Just advance buy morning train tickets to get over SG custom, then go to Woodlands Sheng Siong car park where bike is waiting. That's what I would do. Sure will not be late for work one! :biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! Actually Princess Cove location quite ideal for those working in SG. Just advance buy morning train tickets to get over SG custom, then go to Woodlands Sheng Siong car park where bike is waiting. That's what I would do. Sure will not be late for work one! :biggrin:

I tot just walk over to and fro. Got "alternative routes".
Very convenient. :biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding Freehold and Leasehold, does it matter in JB?

For eg, JB has a rule that says the properties can be sold to foreigners only if it's more than RM1 million.

But in Medini, all condos are leasehold, but they are exempted from the RM1 million rule. So although it is leasehold, the no price limit to sell incentive is given.

And I'm thinking, even if one decides to sell off the condo say 10-15 years later, there are so many years left that the next buyer won't be bothered?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if the use of light electric scooters are allowed on causeway. This would surely makes 'walking' over the causeway less efforts.

I've quite often seen people using both the manual and electrical scooters on the Causeway, so it should not be an issue.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

The trick is to buy those condos behind Princess Cove . Much cheaper and near to causeway too.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You haven't experience those kap kia illegal races.
Anyway, kap kia is part of our Malaysian youth cultures. Welcome to this part of the world. :smile:

Are you referring to Mat Rempit? I think they are different to kap kia.

Anyway, when you see a bunch of mat rempit together, you better be careful, these guys have nothing else better to do in their life and they get thrills doing illegal activities, including robbery, vandalism, extortion, etc. Sampah Masyarakat (Society's Thrash).