• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Piano

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL New Projects or Condos

Title:KSL New Projects or Condos

Greetings to all KSL buyers, owners or investors,

Good luck to all of you. D Inspire Residence by KSL @ Nusa Bestari which was TOP recently [October/November 2015], the owners are currently facing huge issues with their qualities, finishes and fittings. In conclusion, extremely poor workmanship!
D Inspire Residence Facebook has been set up.

Please use your personal Facebook account. Use its "Search Facebook" via your Facebook account and type: D Inspire Residence @ Nusa Bestari

You should be able to locate the Facebook group.

If you do not have a Facebook account, Google : D Inspire Residence Facebook. Click on the link. There are some pictures there. You will see more on on our Facebook though.

In conclusion, this is a horrendous experience with KSL city. Shoddy workmanship, cheap materials and there were even missing items in our unit. Anyway let the pictures speak for themselves.
Imagine you bought a new condo but was given a dilapidated unit.
I would have purchased a resale condo and renovate it tastefully, if I knew KSL was giving me this kind of poor quality... This is not what I pay for..
Good luck to you if you are considering to buy KSL projects.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: KSL New Projects or Condos

Title:KSL New Projects or Condos

Greetings to all KSL buyers, owners or investors,

Good luck to all of you. D Inspire Residence by KSL @ Nusa Bestari which was TOP recently [October/November 2015], the owners are currently facing huge issues with their qualities, finishes and fittings. In conclusion, extremely poor workmanship!
D Inspire Residence Facebook has been set up.

Please use your personal Facebook account. Use its "Search Facebook" via your Facebook account and type: D Inspire Residence @ Nusa Bestari

You should be able to locate the Facebook group.

If you do not have a Facebook account, Google : D Inspire Residence Facebook. Click on the link. There are some pictures there. You will see more on on our Facebook though.

In conclusion, this is a horrendous experience with KSL city. Shoddy workmanship, cheap materials and there were even missing items in our unit. Anyway let the pictures speak for themselves.
Imagine you bought a new condo but was given a dilapidated unit.
I would have purchased a resale condo and renovate it tastefully, if I knew KSL was giving me this kind of poor quality... This is not what I pay for..
Good luck to you if you are considering to buy KSL projects.

Piano......I really appreciate your concern on the situation on KSL projects. Last time, I was like you too when i keep warning the forummers here earlier to beware of SP Setia projects as many buyers suffer same fate as buyers of KSL D Inspire Residence. Now, i share the same sentiment as you and lets keep this information spread as we don't want future investors to be conned by unscrupulous developers like SP Setia and KSL.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Title: KSL New Projects or Condos

Spot on bro! I think you are referring to The Sky Executive Suites @ Bukit Indah.

Hi,

I don't think it's the Sky Executive Suites. Their project completed several years ago I believe. Did they also have quality/workmanship problems?

D'Inspire residents will definitely have a hard time selling off or renting out their units at good prices.

Actually, I'm not feeling confident of the Iskandar property scene in general. The massive oversupply of properties aside, KSL and SP Setia are not unknown small time developers. I don't think they are totally to be blamed. Maybe we are not familiar with how Malaysian developers work and their standards? One thing for sure is, with so many bad examples already in a short time, what we can infer is that this may be the start of the kind of standard we could expect of Iskandar condos.

I've also seen pictures of a few years old condos in JB and hear terrible stories of the state of condos there -- Simple things like peeling paint from buildings are ignored and left to degrade further, and faulty appliances are not serviced. It's the kind of standard we are usually not expecting in Singapore. These are all basic stuffs to us that should be rectified quickly.

So I won't be surprised if the above problems happen to many subsequent condos to be released in Iskandar. It may be acceptable if the condos cost say RM400k or less. But for many who bought the recent launches at high prices, eg D'Inspire and the rest, it's definitely way overpriced and an unjustified purchase for the lack of quality they are getting.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

I've also seen pictures of a few years old condos in JB and hear terrible stories of the state of condos there -- Simple things like peeling paint from buildings are ignored and left to degrade further, and faulty appliances are not serviced. It's the kind of standard we are usually not expecting in Singapore. These are all basic stuffs to us that should be rectified quickly.

Wow, you made it seem that there are no such problems in SG! I acknowledge that JB developers suck in build quality, but the same can be said of BTO and recent SG OCR condos as well. Have you been to Vacanza before? If so, tell me what you think of the entrance/exit there. It is incredible, even by JB standards, and people are paying > S$1k psf there.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, you made it seem that there are no such problems in SG! I acknowledge that JB developers suck in build quality, but the same can be said of BTO and recent SG OCR condos as well. Have you been to Vacanza before? If so, tell me what you think of the entrance/exit there. It is incredible, even by JB standards, and people are paying > S$1k psf there.

My view is that there are good and not so good and even lousy developers everywhere. Some will then say JB got more lousy developers so Singapore better. Be that as it may, the point is that still need to be selective in what you buy and who you buy from. After that, keep fingers crossed and hope things turn out well. :biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

I didn't say SG is free from problems.

Since you brought it up, the problems encountered in SG are usually nowhere as serious as those found in the recent launches in JB. Have you seen those pictures and the experiences the buyers describe? Broken glass panels at the balconies, broken toilet bowl, large chipped off flooring, incomplete fittings, lots of sand everywhere, just to name a few. It's like the project was still in construction phase but the developer allowed residents to collect their keys and want them to start making payment.

For D'Inspire, many of the fittings given to the residents were not as promised when they bought their units. The awful designs and layouts were also totally different from the brochures and showflats. This is not allowed to happen in SG.

By comparison, the BTO flat problems are generally of much smaller scale. Anyway, they are easily and quickly rectifiable.

Vacanza I know they've had some issues. Well, too bad they bought from a lousy developer, Hoi Hup. It costs a lot also because it's freehold.

Anyway, one can't compare SG and Iskandar properties directly side by side in terms of pricing. SG properties have appreciated a lot over the years. We are situated in country that also has different economic background and land size. These days, even flats in very good location can cost $800k and above. Just 10-20 years ago, one can buy a private condo of similar or slightly smaller size with that price.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why always people like to counter these posts with "you think these incidents never happen in Singapore?".

Yes these things ever happened in Singapore and rampantly too, undersized properties from brochure, misrepresented show rooms, poor quality workmanship.

However, these have been dealt with very severely in Singapore, with legislations and court action. There have been many, many rounds of legislation with respect to representation of sales materials and show rooms, advertisements etc. There are also many avenues in Singapore to claim redress and collective action from owners, even the broadcasting of bad publicity if no redress can be done, eg with BTOs.

Do these avenues of redress or legislation exist for JB property owners? Also notice that many Johor residents usually avoid all these overpriced, poor quality developments, so basically the Singaporean buyers are on their own.

Good luck!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view is that there are good and not so good and even lousy developers everywhere. Some will then say JB got more lousy developers so Singapore better. Be that as it may, the point is that still need to be selective in what you buy and who you buy from. After that, keep fingers crossed and hope things turn out well. :biggrin:

The problem is, one factor many probably bought because the projects were built by supposedly well-established Malaysian developers. I was even reassured by a Huttons agent when I was at the D'Inspire showflat that KSL "knows what they are doing" since they are a big developer. I had questioned him earlier on some of the not so good design about the condo. (Incidentally, I don't trust Huttons agents any more as I had bad experiences with 2 of them.)

That's why I am wondering now if this could be the JB standard we are not so familiar with. If these well-known developers dare to give such lousy quality workmanship and change the promised design to something else inferior, then we should not be surprised that many future condos in Iskandar could be of a similar state.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

I don't think it's the Sky Executive Suites. Their project completed several years ago I believe. Did they also have quality/workmanship problems?

D'Inspire residents will definitely have a hard time selling off or renting out their units at good prices.

Actually, I'm not feeling confident of the Iskandar property scene in general. The massive oversupply of properties aside, KSL and SP Setia are not unknown small time developers. I don't think they are totally to be blamed. Maybe we are not familiar with how Malaysian developers work and their standards? One thing for sure is, with so many bad examples already in a short time, what we can infer is that this may be the start of the kind of standard we could expect of Iskandar condos.

So I won't be surprised if the above problems happen to many subsequent condos to be released in Iskandar. It may be acceptable if the condos cost say RM400k or less. But for many who bought the recent launches at high prices, eg D'Inspire and the rest, it's definitely way overpriced and an unjustified purchase for the lack of quality they are getting.

I have been driving around last week and passed by sky executive suites at bukit imdah near Tesco.how many years has it been.???the building paint has started to fade and peeling off,the entrance feature that has the name of the condo ,the letters are crooked each one of them.

Any of you guys stay there and is the management doing anything about it?

Sky Executive Suites do have problem like what being quoted by bubble. It is totally a mismanagement of developers. As for SP Setia, we all knew why as many good staff resigned (including the CEO Tan Sri Liew) from the company but as for KSL, is still a mystery.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Based on some horrific stories about locally build condos, i believe is a smarter choice to go for China based developers' condo if given the option.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is, one factor many probably bought because the projects were built by supposedly well-established Malaysian developers. I was even reassured by a Huttons agent when I was at the D'Inspire showflat that KSL "knows what they are doing" since they are a big developer. I had questioned him earlier on some of the not so good design about the condo. (Incidentally, I don't trust Huttons agents any more as I had bad experiences with 2 of them.)

That's why I am wondering now if this could be the JB standard we are not so familiar with. If these well-known developers dare to give such lousy quality workmanship and change the promised design to something else inferior, then we should not be surprised that many future condos in Iskandar could be of a similar state.

Agents from SG know huts about JB properties and etc.. Wahaha..

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since this is a public forum, I can only comment that people are free to draw their own conclusions about the standings of Hoi Hup and KSL in their respective countries!

Aside to Xebay11, I dont think anything is going to be done to fix Vacanza's entrance. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can freely walk in. It's been more than 1 year liao since TOP......

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since this is a public forum, I can only comment that people are free to draw their own conclusions about the standings of Hoi Hup and KSL in their respective countries!

Aside to Xebay11, I dont think anything is going to be done to fix Vacanza's entrance. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can freely walk in. It's been more than 1 year liao since TOP......

Agree, so if Singapore projects are bad......... You can imagine Johor.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. KSL Hotel and resort is for public usage. However, residential project is sell and built. Different concept.

My fingers crossed that hopefully KSL Residences@Daya will be ok standard since it is also with hotel tower. :smile:

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, so if Singapore projects are bad......... You can imagine Johor.

Does reverse logic work? If Johor projects are good, then Singapore even gooder? Or maybe your view is that no JB projects come anywhere near good, I.e. all are cannot imagined one....bad beyond imagination?

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does reverse logic work? If Johor projects are good, then Singapore even gooder? Or maybe your view is that no JB projects come anywhere near good, I.e. all are cannot imagined one....bad beyond imagination?

Let's just put it this way, Singapore has laws on marketing properties, misrepresentation all covered, now even the surroundings of the development cannot show forest, if the surroundings are not, even that also controlled.

Singapore has many court avenues you can pursue to haul up the developer if things go wrong, there is also lemon law to protect consumers.....so you do the math.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's just put it this way, Singapore has laws on marketing properties, misrepresentation all covered, now even the surroundings of the development cannot show forest, if the surroundings are not, even that also controlled.

Singapore has many court avenues you can pursue to haul up the developer if things go wrong, there is also lemon law to protect consumers.....so you do the math.

I wonder if these owners would find comfort and solace when told that things in Johor are worst and can only be imagined...

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/shoddy-workmanship-new-yishun-ec-shocks-some-residents

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/seaview-residents-double-damages-sought

http://propertysoul.com/2015/05/

Last edited: