• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah! Can fetch $750K? Mine almost 1200sqft only can fetch less than $500K. I bought at close to $300K in the late 90s. Never even double in price. If sell away, after returning all the money to CPF, not much cash left. Not worth selling. Dunno must wait how long before it reaches the $1m mark. LOL!

His is TP Central leh... Prime! Actually I grew up in TP. It's only an old town. But now it's a hot mature estate.

Maybe your location is on the outskirt? At least you do make some.

Sell your HDB, return whatever you need to, take the profit and invest in Iskandar!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
His is TP Central leh... Prime! Actually I grew up in TP. It's only an old town. But now it's a hot mature estate.

At least you do make some.

Sell your HDB, return whatever you need to, take the profit and invest in Iskandar!

My property agent told me die die also cannot sell the HDB if possible. Better to hang on to it and earn rental, as within a few years can cover whatever profit I could have got from the sales proceeds.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yours where got small? Did he see the new BTO flats?

But I can understand him. Probably old uncle who lives in a 5-room or Executive flat 1,200-1600 sq ft type. Graduates now live in 800-900 sq ft, $400k, 30 year loan. Those who buy condos (think they want to feel atas) live in 600-800 sq ft, $1million, 30 year loan.

Your flat can fetch around $750k I believe. :smile:

I wish I owned this unit, unfortunately i'm a renter, SGPR. The unit next to mine was sold for 730k last year to a young professional couple. The location is fantastic but for long term living i want a quieter place. Both me and my wife are not used to small living spaces (even though prime location), we always feel uneasy, not relaxed, plus mine is sky garden floor so always got teens and general public hanging around, singing, etc, quite irritating.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor real estate set to boom

BY KATHLEEN ANN KILI

Saturday, 23 July 2016

[video]http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/07/23/johor-real-estate-set-to-boom-increased-connectivity-making-properties-down-south-attractive-to-inve/[/video]

JOHOR BARU: Property developer IJM Land Bhd remains optimistic about the Johor property market in view of several exciting catalysts such as the Johor Baru–Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS Link) and the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR).

The improved connectivity and weaker ringgit are likely to make it more attractive for Malaysians working in Singapore, Singaporeans and expatriates to look for properties in Johor Baru.

Its Sebana Cove general manager Roger Lee said that property investors can bank their money into the Sebana Cove development near Pengerang as rental yield is hitting up to 10% – above the average 3% to 4% in Johor.

He said that the 485.62ha-integrated township is equipped with an 18-hole golf course, 24.28ha private marina and a Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex through a ferry jetty.

“It is a great opportunity for investors as the average rental yield is around 3% to 4% in other areas around Johor Baru but in Sebana, it can go up 10%.

“Our existing and upcoming resort facilities create a comprehensive township, which attracts both local and international buyers into the rapidly developing area,” he told The Star when met at the StarProperty.my Fair yesterday.

Lee added that residential demands are high in the Pengerang area in view of the developing Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex project, which is just a stone’s throw away from Sebana Cove.

2vjy7fa.jpg

Booming trade: Visitors looking at properties being showcased at StarProperty.my Fair 2016 at Johor Baru City Square.

He also said that the RM5bil mixed development project is slated for completion by 2030, with its current phase one of 50 bungalow units to be finished by year-end and phase two expected to be launched next year.

“We have recorded an 80% take up rate for phase one, which will see the development of bungalow units with built-up area of between 3,200 sq ft and 4,400 sq ft ranging from RM1.8mil to RM2.7mil,” he added.

Another IJM Land township, Austin Duta, has also been receiving good response from potential buyers with 95% of its non-bumi lots taken up since its launch in the fourth quarter of last year.

Its Southern Region acting head Clement Pee said that the RM1.5bil Austin Duta is also a mixed development spanning over 101.17ha of land within the booming Tebrau Austin area.

“Our first phase of double-storey terrace homes with a standard built up area of 2,150 sq ft starting from RM715,000, which have been selling like hotcakes, is expected to be completed by December next year,” he added.

Meanwhile, Nasa Land Sdn Bhd general manager Lim Hock Seng said that Johor is believed to have big growth potential in view of the recent and upcoming catalysts, including RTS, HSR, the undervalued ringgit and direct flights to China.

“Strong backing from the Government due to Johor’s contribution in the region’s development, infrastructure and economic landscape offers an added advantage,” he said.

On its freehold integrated community, Nasa City, Lim said that the township would feature both high-rise and landed residential and commercial properties.

The joint venture project between IJM Land Bhd and JKG Land (JB) Sdn Bhd will see the development of 428 units of serviced apartments in its first phase with built-up floor space ranging from 786 sq ft to 2,002 sq ft.

IJM Land Bhd is one of the developers at the StarProperty.my Fair showcasing their latest townships and offering attractive rebates and bonuses for a wide range of residential and commercial properties in Johor.

The StarProperty.my Fair is ongoing throughout the weekend at the Johor Baru City Square shopping complex here.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...ing-properties-down-south-attractive-to-inve/

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor real estate set to boom

BY KATHLEEN ANN KILI

Saturday, 23 July 2016

Haha... All these misleading headlines!

Set to boomzzzzz, Set to rise after 2018, Set to make money when HSR is ready, set to this and that.... I've heard it all in those Malaysian property talks and articles where developers and marketers have a share in them.

Until Malaysian banks or other savvy investors themselves come in to say "Yes, we are confident about Johor properties" then come in and talk.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha... All these misleading headlines!

Set to boomzzzzz, Set to rise after 2018, Set to make money when HSR is ready, set to this and that.... I've heard it all in those Malaysian property talks and articles where developers and marketers have a share in them.

Until Malaysian banks or other savvy investors themselves come in to say "Yes, we are confident about Johor properties" then come in and talk.

Banks only lend money to rich people. Poor people please line up. :biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most sinkies buy Johor properties are poor then how?

Who say they are poor? it is just they feel they are not rich enough. They earn S$ and buy in RM. So cheap for them.
Compared to Malaysians lagi worse, we earn RM, wages at MY rate and do all the dirty work.

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who bought jb properties are the sandwiched class, not rich enough to buy in first tier property market like London and Singapore. But they still have some cash and want to fulfill 'dream' of owning a property besides their hdb. So naturally jb comes into mind. Within this sandwiched class, some still bite the bullet and go buy a million dollar Condo unit and will live in debt till end of their working life, those who went jb just pay it off, lay back and wait if luck is on their side. If you are the sandwich class, which option will you take? No right or wrong.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who bought jb properties are the sandwiched class, not rich enough to buy in first tier property market like London and Singapore. But they still have some cash and want to fulfill 'dream' of owning a property besides their hdb. So naturally jb comes into mind. Within this sandwiched class, some still bite the bullet and go buy a million dollar Condo unit and will live in debt till end of their working life, those who went jb just pay it off, lay back and wait if luck is on their side. If you are the sandwich class, which option will you take? No right or wrong.

It's more like these sandwich class of buyers were misled by sweet-talking property agents back in 2013. Many went in to buy Johor properties thinking "Wah, so cheap!" They bought a S$300k condo at RM800-1000 psf, thinking Singapore's one cost S$1million, so Iskandar must be a good deal! What they didn't know is they are buying a foreign property which works differently. There are also several risk factors not considered in detail.

Can rent or not? Yah, yah! You can get good rental from students, expats, workers from the MNCs that will move to Iskandar. HSR and RTS are just nearby the condo development! Sure huat one! Good investment!

Turns out rental is depressed or there are no interested tenants, no critical mass, malls are sparsely filled, no resale demand, condos remain empty for months, HSR/RTS can only be heard but nowhere near completion.

Despite many reports to show the oversupply and how even Malaysian banks are so afraid now, these gung-ho buyers are still deluding themselves.

Those who got money to buy Johor properties will use cash. They won't loan from banks. For sandwich class buyers to be in debt till "end of their working life" by buying a Johor property, I think that's plain stupid and asking for trouble. Sorry for the strong word but that's my frank opinion.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Turns out rental is depressed or there are no interested tenants, no critical mass, malls are sparsely filled, no resale demand, condos remain empty for months, HSR/RTS can only be heard but nowhere near completion.

Despite many reports to show the oversupply and how even Malaysian banks are so afraid now, these gung-ho buyers are still deluding themselves.

Those who got money to buy Johor properties will use cash. They won't loan from banks. For sandwich class buyers to be in debt till "end of their working life" by buying a Johor property, I think that's plain stupid and asking for trouble. Sorry for the strong word but that's my frank opinion.
Those get in back in 2013 all having bad timing, back in 2013-14 i ady warn forummers here about the risk (need to dig out my posts), but ppl were euphoria back then. Now with favourable exchange rate, i can guarantee, borrow in SGD loan and change to ringgit and buy iskandar, the opportunity is here, dont factor change liao, everyone starting to bullish baru kpkb miss the opportunity again. Either G&G landed or close to terminal condo, ideally within walking distance, or agri land in tg kupang (not the option for singaporean). But there isnt any condo now in gerbang nusajaya area, closest is the pendas condo... so really need to wait the location announced, developer start their launch of new condo, baru can buy into it. Within 5 min walking or cycling distance, sure huat gao gao. Trust me, the demand will be solid, to make money you need to understand other people psychology changes much faster than anyone do, those bear change sentiment very fast de, no need to be worry.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tax policies can drive innovation, promote inclusive growth: DPM Tharman
By Faris Mokhtar Posted 24 Jul 2016 20:01 Updated 24 Jul 2016 22:32

SINGAPORE: Tax policies can be designed to help countries drive innovation and at the same time promote inclusive growth, said Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam at a conference held on Saturday (Jul 23) on the sidelines of a G20 meeting in Chengdu, China.

Mr Tharman, who is also Coordinating Minister for Economic and Social Policies, said growing the incomes of low-wage workers should be a key priority when countries come up with tax and fiscal policies to promote inclusive economic growth.

"It's not just an economic priority, but a broader, strategic priority: including everyone in the formal labour market and giving them a real chance to improve their skills and incomes, (as well as) to feel they can earn their own success."

To achieve this, Mr Tharman noted that some countries have put in place policies such as negative income taxes for low-wage workers. He added that this not only promotes equity, but does so in a growth-friendly way.

Mr Tharman also said countries can tap on property taxes, which is the least damaging to income growth. This is an approach that Singapore has adopted; for instance, by putting in place taxes on property transactions, such as stamp duties.

This is to distinguish properties purchased for people to own and live in from those that are bought for investment.

Mr Tharman stressed that property taxes are a better way to collect tax than income taxes.

"(There is) less harm to growth and (property taxes) are more likely to promote an economic culture conducive to innovation and entrepreneurship," he said.

Mr Tharman said that part of a country's fiscal policies should include giving fair subsidies for public service and this should be targeted at those who need it the most. He pointed out that in many countries, most of the subsidies do not go to the poor.

This happens when governments subsidise healthcare for everyone, rather than based on needs. As such, taxes will rise to support spending.

Mr Tharman said such an approach is not sustainable. He emphasised that giving fair and targeted subsidies would not just ensure social equity, but also help countries to have sustainable fiscal budgets.

- CNA/hs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tax-policies-can-drive/2983200.html

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those get in back in 2013 all having bad timing, back in 2013-14 i ady warn forummers here about the risk (need to dig out my posts), but ppl were euphoria back then. Now with favourable exchange rate, i can guarantee, borrow in SGD loan and change to ringgit and buy iskandar, the opportunity is here, dont factor change liao, everyone starting to bullish baru kpkb miss the opportunity again. Either G&G landed or close to terminal condo, ideally within walking distance, or agri land in tg kupang (not the option for singaporean). But there isnt any condo now in gerbang nusajaya area, closest is the pendas condo... so really need to wait the location announced, developer start their launch of new condo, baru can buy into it. Within 5 min walking or cycling distance, sure huat gao gao. Trust me, the demand will be solid, to make money you need to understand other people psychology changes much faster than anyone do, those bear change sentiment very fast de, no need to be worry.

There is a rm1 million restriction to contend with for foreigners, did you factor that in?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who say they are poor? it is just they feel they are not rich enough. They earn S$ and buy in RM. So cheap for them.
Compared to Malaysians lagi worse, we earn RM, wages at MY rate and do all the dirty work.

Ha ha ha ha Singapore have many many poor people who have to work to death literally and those stuck with Johor properties probably have to work more to death instead of dreaming of nice early retirement slowly turning into a nightmare with each passing year.

I will be retiring early and having a good life and sleeping well, because I know what I am doing and doing it well :smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha ha ha Singapore have many many poor people who have to work to death literally and those stuck with Johor properties probably have to work more to death instead of dreaming of nice early retirement slowly turning into a nightmare with each passing year.

I will be retiring early and having a good life and sleeping well, because I know what I am doing and doing it well :smile:

We all know you got $2.6m in the bank. Anytime can retire. No loans, all cash.
Dun lah like that, teach how you do it so that I also can retire early. Don't be so selfish. But you only say rent JB, don't buy.
You never tell how you make your $2.6M. Share share...:smile:

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about those properties "near" to the HSR, such as Puteri Harbour, Medini, maybe, Ledang and HH? I think they are considered near based on driving distance.

if want to be early bird, can consider those by Sunway or UEM Sunrise now?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

At about S$1,200 a month bank loan repayment for the next 15-20 yrs, I thinl no matter how poor still can afford la.

Worst case, in 10-15 yrs time, can live in Johor when things become more developed and transportation improves. Then rent out the HDB flat for income. By then, SG is no longer a liveable place even if you want it.

Compared to SG condo, some silly 2 bedroom 600+sq ft already cost at least S$800+k. That one pay until lose hair on head.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad that you are able to slp well in your S$1 million ( RM 3 million ) condo which you paid and slogged for for retirement.

Poor chaps like me aren't that poorer off after retirement as my condo is just RM 500,000 in JB and I am able to rent out my Singapore HDB for RM 7500 a month.

What can I do with RM 7500 a month in JB? Hmm.. Maybe massage daily or buy a Camry which cost just S$50,000 ( S$140,000 in Singapore ) and travel around Malaysia?

But then again, you are happy paying like a dog for your S$1 million condo in Singapore while I am happy like a bird paying for my S$200,000 condo in JB. Lets not compare anymore. You happy, I also happy.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know you got $2.6m in the bank. Anytime can retire. No loans, all cash.
Dun lah like that, teach how you do it so that I also can retire early. Don't be so selfish. But you only say rent JB, don't buy.
You never tell how you make your $2.6M. Share share...:smile:

Aya how also cannot win you, all industrial properties everywhere, this i want to learn from you.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad that you are able to slp well in your S$1 million ( RM 3 million ) condo which you paid and slogged for for retirement.Poor chaps like me aren't that poorer off after retirement as my condo is just RM 500,000 in JB and I am able to rent out my Singapore HDB for RM 7500 a month.What can I do with RM 7500 a month in JB? Hmm.. Maybe massage daily or buy a Camry which cost just S$50,000 ( S$140,000 in Singapore ) and travel around Malaysia?But then again, you are happy paying like a dog for your S$1 million condo in Singapore while I am happy like a bird paying for my S$200,000 condo in JB. Lets not compare anymore. You happy, I also happy.
Aiyoh...I so jealous la. You all so comfortable in life looking at retirement.I still have to come to office every day....different level altogether.