• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
see this..dun faint:biggrin:

permas.JPG

permas1.JPG

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I stayed in the hotel 2 years ago just next to the river opp the golf course. At that time, the land reclaimation was going on. The amount of muddy water and rubbish flowing is unbelievable. And the tide is very slow moving with shallow riverbed. During high tide, the water flow backwards, it is kinda stagnant. From Public Bank side, I think it is Jln Batu Bakar to cross over through the EDL underpass is also very jammed. I believe development projects can be good but only if there improvements to the waterways and roads. Then again, which developer want to share the costs?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stayed in the hotel 2 years ago just next to the river opp the golf course. At that time, the land reclaimation was going on. The amount of muddy water and rubbish flowing is unbelievable. And the tide is very slow moving with shallow riverbed. During high tide, the water flow backwards, it is kinda stagnant. From Public Bank side, I think it is Jln Batu Bakar to cross over through the EDL underpass is also very jammed. I believe development projects can be good but only if there improvements to the waterways and roads. Then again, which developer want to share the costs?

Jln Bakar Batu, the interchange is called the Bakar Batu interchange.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jln Bakar Batu, the interchange is called the Bakar Batu interchange.

Ok..got the rd name wrong. Tks :smile:

As mentioned before, the massive developments would have no meaning if the common areas like roads, drainage, etc are not upgraded.
Let's hope the authorities see the potential problems. I am sure it will happen, but it is a matter of time.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

As mentioned before, the massive developments would have no meaning if the common areas like roads, drainage, etc are not upgraded.
Let's hope the authorities see the potential problems. I am sure it will happen, but it is a matter of time.

LOL, cannot bluff old bird..:p
something is brewing slowly...

Oh..not sure r they going to reclaim as shown above..shall wait to see.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure they are aware of the potential problems. The waterways are really in need of a major overhaul
I think the developers are aware of the problem and I don't doubt that they are doing something about it. Even my view are clearing and doing some level of reclamation already.
Which is a good sign. Hope that it will continue further.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL, cannot bluff old bird..:p
something is brewing slowly...

Oh..not sure r they going to reclaim as shown above..shall wait to see.

Anyone who invest next door to Greenland either huat or "mati katak". Some more if you see the muddy water that come from upstream, whatever you do to your front door also cannot help..never never trust those nice blue color in the brochures or mock ups in showrooms.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

could be a long time. JB has come quite a bit since a decade ago, but ego at being touted as "the premier investment destination in Malaysia" may yet be its' downfall. the next 3-5 years in iskandar should prove to be very interesting. Can a kind soul post a (recent) picture of sg segget (ie the longkang) here? keen to see this amazing waterfront garden transformation or whatever.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
could be a long time. JB has come quite a bit since a decade ago, but ego at being touted as "the premier investment destination in Malaysia" may yet be its' downfall. the next 3-5 years in iskandar should prove to be very interesting. Can a kind soul post a (recent) picture of sg segget (ie the longkang) here? keen to see this amazing waterfront garden transformation or whatever.

http://www.orientaldaily.com.my/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=131853:&Itemid=242
V
V
http://www.orientaldaily.com.my/~oriental/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=97694:&Itemid=242

V
V
http://jb-tionghua.org.my/home/index.php?domain=jbtionghua&doit=news&op=show_article&aid=1275

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amazing to see posts at 4.07am. If you suffer from insomnia, you can try melatonin at the pharmacy outlets.

thanks for the tip, but it's not insomnia. sometimes, deep into the dark hours of the night, i feel restless and am compelled to don my home made kevlar body armour and ride out into the city streets on my black steed Excalibur, to right society's wrongs and to bring justice to the downtrodden. :smile:

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logistics Holding acquires 11.5ha Iskandar industrial site
Get Daily Property News in Malaysia, News Powered by PropertyGuru Malaysia
Sep 5, 2014

Catalist-listed Logistics Holdings announced Wednesday (3 September) that it acquiring a plot of land in Senai Industrial Park in Johor, Malaysia for RM38.8 million (S$15.3 million), marking the group’s maiden overseas property development venture.

The freehold land has an area of approximately 1.24 million sq ft or about 11.5ha. According to the group, the land will be used to build light and medium industrial factories “to meet the expected demand of industrial space” fueled by the budding townships in Iskandar Malaysia.

Phua Lam Soon, Chief Executive Officer of Logistics Holdings, said: “The factories that we are building can serve not just for the domestic demand but also cater to foreign companies from Singapore or China who are interested to set up processing or manufacturing facilities in Iskandar.”

Located in the precinct of the Senai Industrial Park, District of Kulaijaya, Johor, it is next to the Scientex Innoparc, a new township that is slated to be an industrial hub comprising factories and residential units.

Nikki De Guzman, Editor at CommercialGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this and other stories, email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...ng-acquires-11-5ha-iskandar-industrial-site-2

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the tip, but it's not insomnia. sometimes, deep into the dark hours of the night, i feel restless and am compelled to don my home made kevlar body armour and ride out into the city streets on my black steed Excalibur, to right society's wrongs and to bring justice to the downtrodden. :smile:

Cool. But deep inside your body cells may wreak havoc if you don't have sufficient rest to allow body to activate the repair mechanism i.e. your body might turn against itself.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logistic Holdings snaps up industrial site in Iskandar
Rennie Whang
The Straits Times
Saturday, Sep 06, 2014

Construction firm Logistics Holdings has bought an industrial plot in Iskandar for RM38.8 million (S$15.3 million).

The 11.5ha freehold site in Senai Industrial Park could accommodate 70 to 80 factory units in light industries, said chief executive officer Phua Lam Soon yesterday.

"While there is potentially an oversupply in the Iskandar residential market, demand for industrial space is rising," he said.

"We foresee that foreign investors, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from Singapore, will move manufacturing operations there due to cost conditions back home."

The industrial park is in Flagship Zone E of Iskandar, where logistics, manufacturing - especially in aerospace and high technology - tourism and Cybercity-related activities are planned.

Scientex Innoparc, a township of more than 100ha that is slated to be a premier industrial hub of factories and residential units, is located just outside the park.

The new Logistics Holdings site is about a 30- minute drive from Woodlands Checkpoint and about 10 minutes from Senai International Airport.

It is also about 2km from the firm's precast factory, which became operational in July to supply its projects. It will likely start selling to third parties next year, said Mr Phua.

Property development and precast manufacturing mark new income streams for the company, which listed on the Catalist board in January last year.

The firm first expanded into property development in June last year, acquiring a freehold residential site in Paya Lebar Crescent.

Construction on eight cluster houses has begun and the company expects to launch in the next one or two months.

But Mr Phua said labour issues and land costs here have led the firm to develop property overseas, adding that it has been eyeing Iskandar for two years.

"Large-scale projects like EduCity have taken shape, as has infrastructure like highways. It's important to move in on opportunities early and now is a good time," he noted.

The company last week announced a full-year net profit of $4.95 million, down 5.4 per cent from the previous year.

The drop was attributed to higher operating expenses such as raised foreign worker levies.

Its order book stands at $356.8 million, including contracts with the Housing Board and the Ministry of Education.

Logistics Holdings shares closed up 1.5 cents at 27 cents yesterday.

[email protected]

This article was first published on September 04, 2014.

Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/lo...industrial-site-iskandar#sthash.qhMECI8Z.dpuf

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
(新山7日讯)柔佛州务大臣拿督莫哈末卡立说,落实向外国注册车辆征收入境费后,收益将由中央和州政府共享,州政府将把款项用作改善交通系统,让完善的交通系统,成为人民购买房屋时的首要考量。

他指出,若可负担房屋地区的交通便利,人民就不会将购买车子视为首要解决的问题,而是可以将手上的钱购买房子。“一开始将先从巴士开始,路线全面之外还需要准时,以让民众信赖。”

至于中央政府何时落实入境费等的相关内容,卡立指出,虽然他本身是知道详情,不过一切需等中央政府公布

他周日出席柔州机构在拿督翁镇的人民房屋动土仪式上说,州政府致力在解决人民的房屋问题,但若是无法改善交通问题,这意味著也无法解决可负担房屋的问题。

另外,卡立说,柔州在2018年将可兴建3万7756间的可负担房屋,已超过“柔州人民之声大蓝图”所定下的2万8000间目标。他表示,根据计划,柔州在今年将可以完成1289间的人民可负担房屋、2015年则可完成4877间、2016年5999间、2017及2018年则可完成2万5591间的可负担房屋。

出席者包括柔佛州房屋及地方政府委员会主席拿督阿都拉迪夫、柔佛州公共工程、乡区与城市发展委员会主席拿督哈斯尼、柔州机构首席执行员拿督卡玛鲁查曼等。

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU: Johor will acquire the former site of the Tebrau Army Camp here and build affordable houses on the site for first-time house owners from nearby areas.

Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the subsidiary of the state investment arm Johor Corporation (JCorp) would be tasked to come out with the development plan on the 154.59ha site.

He said the move to take over the land was in tandem with the state government’s on-going efforts to look for new areas to build low-cost and affordable houses for Johoreans.

“The decision to acquire the land is made as the land has been left idle by a developer for quite sometime under the privatisation scheme,” said Mohamed Khaled.

He said this in a press conference after the ground breaking ceremony of affordable house by JCorp’s subsidiary Johor Land Bhd at Bandar Datuk Onn here on Sunday.

Mohamed Khaled said the state government could not allow the land to remain undeveloped for long such a long time as it wanted to utilise the land for the benefit of the people.

“We will pay compensation to the developer for acquiring the land, as we want to start the housing project as soon as possible,” he said.

Separately, Mohamed Khaled hoped that the Federal Government would consider reintroducing a hire purchase scheme to assist those who could not afford to own houses.

He said the scheme was important as it could help to boost home ownership among first timers as many of them were not qualified to get loans from commercial banks due to escalating house prices.

“Such a scheme will ease the burden of first time house buyers to own houses via the hire purchase plan; hence boosting the housing and construction industry,” said Mohamed Khaled.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Units at Frontier Industrial Park snapped up
Sep 11, 2014

All available units at Frontier Industrial Park (Phase II) in Johor Bahru were sold out within seven weeks of their launch, according to its developer WB Land Sdn Bhd.

The project’s overwhelming success is a testament to the robust demand for eco-friendly industrial properties located within a gated and guarded complex, said its General Manager Wong Yen Yap.

“All of Frontier Phase 2’s available units (Type A, B, D, E and F) have been taken up. [Hence], we are now releasing the last available type which is Type C semi-detached factories.”

The company offers 28 units under this category with a built-up area of 11,114 sq ft, while the land area stands at 16,670 sq ft. Prices range from RM3.843 million to RM4.657 million

Moreover, the unveiling of the new units coincides with the completion ceremony of Frontier’s phase 1. This means the buyers will get their keys in October, which is eight months ahead of schedule.

Launched last year, the 8.7-acre phase 1 comprises 10 semi-detached factories with built-up areas ranging from 12,278 to 12,592 sq ft.

Kevin Woon, WB Land’s Head of Marketing, attributed the park’s healthy sales to its central location and unique features such a gym, jogging tracks and pavilions.

“We also provide a dormitory for workers so buyers do not have to worry where to house their workers. Our buyers particularly love this. We have gone into the details to make Frontier 2 such a homely place for industries to thrive,” he added.

Unsurprisingly, the park clinched the ‘Five-star Best-in-Malaysia’ award under the industrial category at the recently held Asia Pacific Property Awards (APPA) 2014.

With a gross development value of RM600 million, the 136-acre Frontier Industrial Park is being built over three phases with overall completion by July 2018. Located next to Desa Cemerlang at Ulu Tiram, it is a 15-minute drive from Johor Port, 25 minutes to Woodlands Checkpoint and 30 minutes to Senai Airport.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected]

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop.../units-at-frontier-industrial-park-snapped-up