• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overwhelming demand and sold-out event for STProperty seminar
AsiaOneSunday, Aug 31, 2014

STProperty, SPH's trusted online property portal, held a more focused property event - STProperty Seminar & Showcase 2014 - covering both Singapore and Malaysia topics, with close to 350 attendees from all walks of life.

Additional seats were added for the seminar on Aug 31 due to overwhelming demand and tickets were completely sold out.

Taking place simultaneously was the showcase of Malaysian properties by well-established Malaysian property developers such as UMLand Bhd, One Medini Sdn Bhd, R&F Development Sdn Bhd and Astaka Padu Sdn Bhd among others.

The showcase offered property enthusiasts a chance to discover opportunities and be informed about the more recent and major Malaysian projects.

The event was organised at an opportune time as property enthusiasts are curious to know opportunities available with the latest developments of high speed rail to Kuala Lumpur as well as the Penang Second Bridge and Mainland Development.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...event-stproperty-seminar#sthash.V0yCccdT.dpuf

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
YES..YES..YES..buy cluster, corner unit and above. mai tu liao.. :biggrin::p
V low supply now..buy up!! LOL

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if anyone realise who is the main culprit that screw up the JB property market. All developments need state approval no? Why is the state not controlling the pace and volume of mega developments? Why Why Why?... Hmmm... could it be... because it DARE NOT?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if anyone realise who is the main culprit that screw up the JB property market. All developments need state approval no? Why is the state not controlling the pace and volume of mega developments? Why Why Why?... Hmmm... could it be... because it DARE NOT?

Be careful what you comment. You will get the nasty rebuttals on this subject. :biggrin:

It must be DARE NOT to complain that's why some people so very gung ho irregardless of the over flooding or whether the market is ready or not? The developments are moving so fast that they couldn't careless about sentiments of the investors like us as long as the developments are built. Anything we comment is deemed to be totally irresponsible but anything they say is gospel truth. They are the superior beings. I DARE NOT complain. :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful what you comment. You will get the nasty rebuttals on this subject. :biggrin:

It must be DARE NOT to complain that's why some people so very gung ho irregardless of the over flooding or whether the market is ready or not? The developments are moving so fast that they couldn't careless about sentiments of the investors like us as long as the developments are built. Anything we comment is deemed to be totally irresponsible but anything they say is gospel truth. They are the superior beings. I DARE NOT complain. :biggrin:

Different politics: JB land can be privately owned, but SG land is owned by government.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different politics: JB land can be privately owned, but SG land is owned by government.

Land in Malaysia:

Freehold for residential use only (Residential dwellings only). Best type as it attracts low utility bills, preferential loan interests, no need approval for transfer except for foreigners which is a different subject.

Freehold for commercial use only (Commercial, retails, service apartments, Soho) High utility bills, commercial loan interests but some banks now accept them using residential loan schemes. However, margin of loans on case to case basis.

Freehold for agricultural use only. Only 1 dwelling allowed per lot and not allowed for any other purposes.

Leasehold 33, 66, 99, 120, 150 years for residential or commercial use (All leasehold land need state authority approvals before transfer).

Malay reserved land (Alienated exclusively for Malays)

Where there's no land title or cannot be transferred, some use Deed of Assignment or Power of Attorney to transact. However, it would be troublesome when inheritance or bankruptcy issues comes in. Many banks do not like these arrangements as it is full of encumbrances.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
well...maybe for Singaporean, JB property is screw up. For Johorean, JB property development is good. After all, JB development have stagnant for the past 10 years.

landed is v healthy.
u sure bo, only past 10 yrs?:confused:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't think you're 100% right there.
AFAIK, All lands within a nation's boundaries are owned by their respective sovereign nation or state. Government is merely those appointed to govern said nations.
Malaysia can still acquire lands (even freehold titled land) for national development.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think you're 100% right there.
AFAIK, All lands within a nation's boundaries are owned by their respective sovereign nation or state. Government is merely those appointed to govern said nations.
Malaysia can still acquire lands (even freehold titled land) for national development.

Very strange for many many parties to hold large tracts of freehold land.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land in Malaysia:

Freehold for residential use only (Residential dwellings only). Best type as it attracts low utility bills, preferential loan interests, no need approval for transfer except for foreigners which is a different subject.

Freehold for commercial use only (Commercial, retails, service apartments, Soho) High utility bills, commercial loan interests but some banks now accept them using residential loan schemes. However, margin of loans on case to case basis.

Freehold for agricultural use only. Only 1 dwelling allowed per lot and not allowed for any other purposes.

Leasehold 33, 66, 99, 120, 150 years for residential or commercial use (All leasehold land need state authority approvals before transfer).

Malay reserved land (Alienated exclusively for Malays)

Where there's no land title or cannot be transferred, some use Deed of Assignment or Power of Attorney to transact. However, it would be troublesome when inheritance or bankruptcy issues comes in. Many banks do not like these arrangements as it is full of encumbrances.

I'm refraining from commenting too negatively on Malaysia's land use and ownership policies further, else later I kenna hauled up at Custom to do squats :p

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm refraining from commenting too negatively on Malaysia's land use and ownership policies further, else later I kenna hauled up at Custom to do squats :p

Malaysians are very nice people....dun believe? Ask PRC guys.

Last edited: