• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are discussing about property investment prospect in JB here so lets just talk about JB and stop dragging in Singapore or any other city which is totally out of context here.
Many other countries are also experiencing downturn, economy slowdown, so SG or MY should not be spared especially SG which is extremely dependent on external factors.
Readers should be informed of good news to boost their confidence, especially the investors seeking rental or resale with high returns which I believe what you are trying to do but also need to be informed of the not too good news and be aware of the situation they are in or will be in and to have a balanced view.

I am actually talking about ripple effects and the impacts of an upcoming project. If want to invest, must know which location to put money. They must know who are their target market. I find some people buy and then hope for the best without knowing who their potentials are. It applies to residentials or industrials. They must be able to see what are the supporting industries that will tag along, in this case the petroleum complex.

Those O&G companies that close down in Singapore moved into Malaysia. I think readers should know the trend in relocating offices as well.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually talking about ripple effects and the impacts of an upcoming project. If want to invest, must know which location to put money. They must know who are their target market. I find some people buy and then hope for the best without knowing who their potentials are. It applies to residentials or industrials. They must be able to see what are the supporting industries that will tag along, in this case the petroleum complex.

Those O&G companies that close down in Singapore moved into Malaysia. I think readers should know the trend in relocating offices as well.

Kemaman Supply Base is industrial zone which has 40 warehouses was created to support Oil & Gas related industries in Trengganu. Todate it has 70 companies registered as tenants supplying all sorts of services from hardware retails to maintenance crews. Even Halliburton or OCPI is there as well.

This is model that is potentially similar to Petronas RAPID Industrial Complex. It is the ripple effect that this catalyst project has and investors should be looking at. The spin offs is worth considering.

http://www.epicgroup.com.my/subsidiaries/pangkalan-bekalan-kemaman-sdn-bhd/

http://www.masterseek.com/Companies/Malaysia/Kemaman

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good move by Petronas. It is old news...Why spend so much on in a industry when oil prices is at bad times like this. It is called putting the priorties right. The gylcols and polymers project are more than enough to chew already.

I like your style. Would you like me to highlight Singapore ones as well? Shall we start with this?

Axe to fall on hundreds more in Singapore oil & gas sector - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/ax...singapore-oil-gas-sector#sthash.5kchBHkP.dpuf

or this:

Another O&M player exits Singapore for Kuala Lumpur - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/another-om-player-exits-singapore-kuala-lumpur#sthash.8riTIJ2f.dpuf

You are also absolutely wrong here, this is definitely NOT OLD NEWS!
You must be referring to Petronas' announcement about 2 months ago on cutting Capital Expenditure by a whopping RM15 to RM 20 billions.
PETRONAS has to do this, its not a strategic move but rather a cut cost "bo bian" move so there's nothing good about this decision.
I am not referring to this but using it only as my reference link to that news.
When PETRONAS made that announcement in Feb, they did not provide any details and everyone in MY were hoping and wishing that it only affect other overseas projects in some far flung corners on earth and will have minimal effect on them.
But the announcement last Thursday confirmed on scrapping of the RM5.1 billion project in JB and this is what I'm talking about and unless a 3 day old news is old news to you.
The cancelling of this project will have a great impact on the projected employment and housing requirement as well as related supporting industries like construction, logistics, transportation etc.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be referring to Petronas' announcement about 2 months ago on cutting Capital Expenditure by a whopping RM15 to RM 20 billions.
PETRONAS has to do this, its not a strategic move but rather a cut cost "bo bian" move so there's nothing good about this decision.
When PETRONAS made that announcement in Feb, they did not provide any details and everyone in MY were hoping and wishing that it only affect other overseas projects in some far flung corners on earth and will have minimal effect on them.
But the announcement last Thursday confirmed on scrapping of the RM5.1 billion project in JB and this is what I'm talking about and unless a 3 day old news is old news to you.
The cancelling of this project will have a great impact on the projected employment and housing requirement as well as related supporting industries like construction, logistics, transportation etc.

Aya best is don't speculate on housing, especially in Malaysia buy for own stay and enjoy the lower cost life. For me, I have so many unresolved issues, or else I will pull the trigger for a landed property in MY. Biggest issue is how to get the house occupied. No one in my family wants to live in Johor.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://corporate.evonik.us/region/n...ough rapid project_diversification_021516.pdf

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/219554

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aya best is don't speculate on housing, especially in Malaysia buy for own stay and enjoy the lower cost life. For me, I have so many unresolved issues, or else I will pull the trigger for a landed property in MY. Biggest issue is how to get the house occupied. No one in my family wants to live in Johor.

Initially my family was apprehensive about living in JB, now no one in my family wants to live in Singapore.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

No one invest in residentials for Oil & Gas complex. It is all for industrial properties.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is Petronas Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (RAPID)....taken few days ago off flight take off from Changi.

Recently read there a mini mart in PH, have more interest to visit and well being of this mini mart than Pegerang :smile:

IMG_4670.JPG

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Curious this come from the one and only....where would be your area of interest to own landed in MY?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one invest in residentials for Oil & Gas complex. It is all for industrial properties.

You are wrong again!

When the Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC) was given the green light 2 years ago, there were so much excitement.
Ministers were giving out projections on employment and housing needs upon the completion of this mega project and how much buzz this project will create.
As much as 600,000 employees will be required and tens of thousands of new housing unit will be needed for this and its supporting industries and businesses, they said
And now 2 years later, everything had changed drastically and PIPC is becoming a non event very soon.
The elastomers project (RM5.1bil), which is part of the PIPC, had been just scrapped last week.
Again, announced by the Johor Petroleum Development Corp (JPDC) chief last week, major works at the PIPC will be after 2019!

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/04/14/lift-for-pengerang-after-2019/

Also don't forget that Petronas will be slashing up to RM20 billion capital expenditure this year and they have yet to announce which one will be the next.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong again!

When the Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC) was given the green light 2 years ago, there were so much excitement.
Ministers were giving out projections on employment and housing needs upon the completion of this mega project and how much buzz this project will create.
As much as 600,000 employees will be required and tens of thousands of new housing unit will be needed for this and its supporting industries and businesses, they said
And now 2 years later, everything had changed drastically and PIPC is becoming a non event very soon.
The elastomers project (RM5.1bil), which is part of the PIPC, had been just scrapped last week.
Again, announced by the Johor Petroleum Development Corp (JPDC) chief last week, major works at the PIPC will be after 2019!

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/04/14/lift-for-pengerang-after-2019/

Also don't forget that Petronas will be slashing up to RM20 billion capital expenditure this year and they have yet to announce which one will be the next.

So you think I am wrong on going for industrials and should go for residentials instead?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is Petronas Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (RAPID)....taken few days ago off flight take off from Changi.

Recently read there a mini mart in PH, have more interest to visit and well being of this mini mart than Pegerang :smile:

View attachment 26311

The photo shows mostly warehouses and tank farms. There is quite little synergy at the moment for a major petrochemical plant to be located there. The ones in Singapore are having good profits and the MNCs are having new projects to take advantage of low crude prices.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you think I am wrong on going for industrials and should go for residentials instead?

I am not suggesting anything, just correcting your line "No one invest in residentials for Oil & Gas complex"
On the contrary, if you had read my earlier post carefully, people were encouraged to invest into property in time for the completion of the PIPC and many did just that.
Hopefully their new property will not have to be mothballed for another few more years.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
AirAsia starts JB-Guangzhou route next

Johor: AirAsia is poised to make Johor Bahru the gateway for Chinese travellers to Southern Peninsular Malaysia with the introduction of AirAsia's new direct flight to Guangzhou, which is scheduled to commence operations on 29 May 2016.
The daily flights connecting Johor Baru and Guangzhou will be the airline's 17th route into China from Malaysia, and the second route into China launched this year after Shantou.

Celebratory all-in-fares from as low as RM88* one way are available for booking online at airasia.com from Friday until 28 April 2016, for the travel period of 29 May to 29 Oct 2016. Alternatively, the promotional fares are also available on AirAsia's mobile app on iPhone and Android devices, as well as the mobile site mobile.airasia.com.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
AirAsia starts JB-Guangzhou route next

Johor: AirAsia is poised to make Johor Bahru the gateway for Chinese travellers to Southern Peninsular Malaysia with the introduction of AirAsia's new direct flight to Guangzhou, which is scheduled to commence operations on 29 May 2016.
The daily flights connecting Johor Baru and Guangzhou will be the airline's 17th route into China from Malaysia, and the second route into China launched this year after Shantou.

Celebratory all-in-fares from as low as RM88* one way are available for booking online at airasia.com from Friday until 28 April 2016, for the travel period of 29 May to 29 Oct 2016. Alternatively, the promotional fares are also available on AirAsia's mobile app on iPhone and Android devices, as well as the mobile site mobile.airasia.com.

Now it is easier to get to shantou for some authentic chousan food.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not suggesting anything, just correcting your line "No one invest in residentials for Oil & Gas complex"
On the contrary, if you had read my earlier post carefully, people were encouraged to invest into property in time for the completion of the PIPC and many did just that.
Hopefully their new property will not have to be mothballed for another few more years.

Which residential development that has taken place?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sbr.com.sg/source/propertyguru/luxury-home-prices-slump-amid-rental-rout

It is not always rosy and bao jiak when buying properties in Singapore. When the chips are down, some may face greater losses compared to a $300K loss in JB. Moreover it may be easier to hold a $300k JB property compared to a $1.3million or more SG condo.

Singapore market if bad cannot talk. Singapore market is gud gud gud only. Not relevant here to say market bad.
Here only can talk how bad JB market is.
Liddat also can ah? :biggrin: