• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't read all posts and only come back recently.

You can't be negative yet be in this forum, hence there must be an underlying motivation. You have just confirmed what I'm guessing.

IMHO, to get hold of real gems with returns in JB, you need to be a Malaysian.

Just to refresh your memory, my negativeness in Johor is based on investment property, especially residential and more specifically condos. Buying there for self stay is really a matter of choice.

Yes you are right on the last part.....so why people like potter want to laugh at others on where to place their chips, even you agree with me, real gems in Johor are for Malaysians only....I can only hope Potter has not sunk too many chips in Johor, unless of course, he is Malaysian.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah you are right, even you admit it must be fool hardy to even think of investing in Johor, I must have been having a bad day LOL!!!!!

LOL, u really good , can think of Capita 21 when there are so many better ones . salute yr incredible acumen ! Long time never laugh so much. thanks bro !

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to refresh your memory, my negativeness in Johor is based on investment property, especially residential and more specifically condos. Buying there for self stay is really a matter of choice.

Yes you are right on the last part.....so why people like potter want to laugh at others on where to place their chips, even you agree with me, real gems in Johor are for Malaysians only....I can only hope Potter has not sunk too many chips in Johor, unless of course, he is Malaysian.

Ai ya, quietly tell u la, many ppl tao pao sian saying for self stay is a matter of choice. Liddat then can anyhow buy? tio bo? :smile: for me, investment and self stay are linked one.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai ya, tell u la, many ppl tao pao sian saying for self stay is a matter of choice. :smile: for me, investment and self stay are linked one.

Of course lah, people like you say both are linked so can roti prata here and there when the argument swings one direction or the other. Seems like the majority here are like you.... shrimps with no guts, no spine and a head full of sh*t.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course lah, people like you say both are linked so can roti prata here and there when the argument swings one direction or the other. Seems like the majority here are like you.... shrimps with no guts, no spine and a head full of sh*t.

Im not saying you tao pao sian la, just tell u the secret where many buyers think this way. :p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai ya, quietly tell u la, many ppl tao pao sian saying for self stay is a matter of choice. Liddat then can anyhow buy? tio bo? :smile: for me, investment and self stay are linked one.

We thought the same too! When we bought the condo it was not just for investment, but we wanted one that we can envision staying as well, so we bought 3 bedroom whereas investment wise most would say studio can liao. I have never lived in a condo before so do feel a bit excited about it. Since cannot taste such condo living in Singapore, then JB will be good enough.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 26688

View attachment 26689

While there are many building activities busily going on all over JB, this two eyesores in the city stick area out like an extremely sore thumb, reminding people about lack of control, greedy and over zealous developers coupled with uncoordinated and poor planning.
Lack of control, over zealous developers and poor uncoordinated planning is quite plain to the sight now.
Hopefully in a few years time we don't get to see more abandoned development being added on.

These 2 are train wrecks from Asian financial crisis in 1997.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

You might in the wrong forum to source for information or to have constructive discussions to identify the next pot of gold, as most are residential property investors here.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might in the wrong forum to source for information or to have constructive discussions to identify the next pot of gold, as most are residential property investors here.

No I don't need information from the people here, too inexperienced and narrow minded but sure as hell provide good entertainment.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia Property Market Sentiment Survey Report H1 | 2016

op64u8.jpg

Full report: http://images.edm.propertyguru.com/...ty_Market_Sentiment_Survey_Report_2016_H1.pdf

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...-insiders-look-into-malaysias-property-market

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
KULAI, May 30 — The Johor government is targeting one million tourist arrivals from China this year with the introduction of the Guangzhou-Johor Baharu route by AirAsia.

Tourism, Trade and Consumerism Committee chairman Datuk Tee Siew Keong is confident Johor would receive more tourists from China and thus boost the tourism sector.

“I expect tourist arrivals from China to increase by 30 per cent this year to more than one million people,” he told reporters after welcoming passengers of the inaugural flight from Guangzhou to Johor Baharu at Senai International Airport (SIA), here today.

Tee said AirAsia Berhad took timely action in introducing the route in line with the rising number of tourists, traders and investors from China, especially Guangzhou.

“This initiative can shorten the traveling time by three hours and facilitate arrival the people of both cities,” he added.

The Guangzhou-Johor Baharu flight arrived at 6.50am today with 176 passengers comprising 95 per cent Chinese nationals while the rest were Malaysians.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...chinese-tourists-in-2016#sthash.4juMTExo.dpuf

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

KULAI, May 30 — The Johor government is targeting one million tourist arrivals from China this year with the introduction of the Guangzhou-Johor Baharu route by AirAsia.

Tourism, Trade and Consumerism Committee chairman Datuk Tee Siew Keong is confident Johor would receive more tourists from China and thus boost the tourism sector.

“I expect tourist arrivals from China to increase by 30 per cent this year to more than one million people,” he told reporters after welcoming passengers of the inaugural flight from Guangzhou to Johor Baharu at Senai International Airport (SIA), here today.

Tee said AirAsia Berhad took timely action in introducing the route in line with the rising number of tourists, traders and investors from China, especially Guangzhou.

“This initiative can shorten the traveling time by three hours and facilitate arrival the people of both cities,” he added.

The Guangzhou-Johor Baharu flight arrived at 6.50am today with 176 passengers comprising 95 per cent Chinese nationals while the rest were Malaysians.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...chinese-tourists-in-2016#sthash.4juMTExo.dpuf

Apparently Melaka could be a tough competitor to iskandar in terms attracting China investments and tourists. I was in Melaka last week. My feel of city of Melaka is that it is orderly, quite clean, with many new spanking modern buildings, hotels and malls, in addition to its historical draw. Also by the sea with several major seafront development projects underway: the most well known of which is Melaka Gateway projects involving also few huge reclaimed islands like forest city. I saw one price tag of about rm 387 per sq ft for a seafront condo unit.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apparently Melaka could be a tough competitor to iskandar in terms attracting China investments and tourists. I was in Melaka last week. My feel of city of Melaka is that it is orderly, quite clean, with many new spanking modern buildings, hotels and malls, in addition to its historical draw. Also by the sea with several major seafront development projects underway: the most well known of which is Melaka Gateway projects involving also few huge reclaimed islands like forest city. I saw one price tag of about rm 387 per sq ft for a seafront condo unit.

But i ever went to Pahlawan Mall. Alot of shop lots. But human traffic not many leh. Not many customers. Wonder how those shop owners can survive.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

But i ever went to Pahlawan Mall. Alot of shop lots. But human traffic not many leh. Not many customers. Wonder how those shop owners can survive.

It is the same malaysian story of glut I think ahead of good time like iskandar. But the roadside car park was quite full, leaving only one lot for me to park. This time again Melaka is also betting on international tourists especially from China. In 2015 some 15 mil international tourists visited Melaka. I think last year China PM squeezed out sometime to visit Melaka, I suspect some projects are in the pipeline. I like the seafront along Melaka city better because it is not next to refineries or power plants or some polluting plants around. The drawback is it is 200km from singapore.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never took notice of all these developments until my niece's husband last week told me he is going to be stationed there near Legoland until Dec 2016.
Then, what is this project? Never mind, any new project is good for Iskandar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VADS Bhd is investing RM130 million to build its a two-phase purpose-build data centre in Nusajaya Tech Park, as part of its strategy to cater to the growing demand for data business in the region.

Chief Excutive Officer Massimo Migliuolo said the first phase of the data centre would comprise a built-up area of 30,000 square feet on a 3.213-hectare piece of land.

“The expansion for the second phase will be based on market requirements.

“What is important is that the market is growing very fast and the industry demands purpose-build data centre,” he told reporters after the ground-breaking ceremony for the centre by Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin at the Nusajaya Tech Park here today.

The first phase is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2017, Migliuolo said.

VADS Data Centre, which is a carrier neutral data centre, would also house Telekom Malaysia (TM) Iskandar international gateway, that would serve as a regional hub in providing services such as end-to-end managed information communication technology (ICT) services, cloud services via digital marketplace and high-speed broadband connectivity to its Malaysia and ASEAN customers. Meanwhile, TM Group Chief Executive Officer Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa said the growth trend of data businesses have been growing quite steadily over the years.

“Over the past two years, data businesses for the group have been growing about 26 per cent. If you look at that, certainly the trend will continue, which is one of our important components in the business,” he said.

In terms of contribution to the group, Zamzamzairani said non-voice business had become a major contributor with 70 per cent contribution since 2012, with data businesses continuing to contribute to that segment.

VADS, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TM, provides managed integrated ICT/business process outsourcing services. — Bernama

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
More information on data center business in iskandar.

Microsoft may cut initial data centre investment
The Malaysian Reserve6 Jul 2015By FARAH ADILLA
MICROSOFT Corp may reduce its initial planned investment for the proposed development of a data centre in Sedenak, Johor, following the postponement of the plan since March 2015.
Sources told The Malaysian Reserve that Microsoft has appointed a staff to relook into the development, including technical aspects and investment, after its previous head in charge left the company for Google Inc.
“The MDeC (Multimedia Development Corp) is in the US currently and probably discussing this investment by Microsoft.
“There are rumours that Microsoft is looking to cut their initial investment plan,” the source said.
In November 2014, it was reported by the media that the global IT giant was setting up its data centre in Johor, investing some RM5 billion to RM6 billion for the purpose.
In April 2015, MDeC CEO Datuk Yasmin Mahmood announced the country’s second data hub, the Sedenak Iskandar Data Hub (SIDH), was ready to attract technology companies worldwide to set up their operations there.
She was quoted by media reports as saying MDeC is already in talks with several multinational corporations to invest in SIDH.
SIDH, located on a 283.27ha plot in Sedenak within Iskandar Malaysia, had been earmarked as the second new data hub in the country after Cyberjaya. SIDH, which would have a power supply capacity of 600MW, would also be one of the first steps in realising the Asean Data Corridor.
There is already a growing trend of data centre development in the southern part of the country including Al-Bukhary Group’s Puncak Semangat Sdn Bhd’s involvement in setting up a RM180 million data centre in Senai, Johor.
The data centre called Synergycloud Data Centre is the company’s fourth data centre after its previous three data centres in Glenmarie, iCity and Cyberjaya.
The first phase of the data centre, which covers a land area of 2,500 sq ft, started operations in December last year.
http://www.pressreader.com/malaysia/the-malaysian-reserve/20150706/textview