• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IF that happens, will you not stay to fight? ! but keep on saying running here and there ! Alll male have the obligation to protect Sg.

Haha...y..hw..where to fight? U can bet ur last sen ppl like Mpan12 n Xbay be the 1st batch of sinkies to flee sinkieland.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha...y..hw..where to fight? U can bet ur last sen ppl like Mpan12 n Xbay be the 1st batch of sinkies to flee sinkieland.

I don't see what is wrong with that, I made contingency plans long ago.

Singapore had "fled" the people long ago as a country by it's ridiculous foreign "talent" policies. So if anything happens here, it is simply payback time.

Come on, even dinosaurs now how to protect it's gene pool so that you are alive today to write your post.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Is not wrong fleeing for your life. Furthermore, Singapore is a sitting duck when it come to missle or rocket attack. Unless they start buying patriot intercept missles.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see what is wrong with that, I made contingency plans long ago. Singapore had "fled" the people long ago as a country by it's ridiculous foreign "talent" policies. So if anything happens here, it is simply payback time.Come on, even dinosaurs now how to protect it's gene pool so that you are alive today to write your post.
Ironically, I made plans long ago like you but not because of fear of being attack but fear of racist policies. That's why I keep saying my investment quota in Malaysia is full.And I was looking at London, Australia & Singapore as a safe havens. But that from a financial point of view. Today, London or Singapore has this heightened risks of being attacked by radicals. Nothing to do with money but physical harm.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ironically, I made plans long ago like you but not because of fear of being attack but fear of racist policies. That's why I keep saying my investment quota in Malaysia is full.And I was looking at London, Australia & Singapore as a safe havens. But that from a financial point of view. Today, London or Singapore has this heightened risks of being attacked by radicals. Nothing to do with money but physical harm.

In my view, no place on earth is safe anymore, once you understand the ideology behind the terror attacks. That aside, for my family we "fled" Singapore because we were under "economic attack" by high HDB prices, car prices, among other things...while income remain "hentak kaki" :(

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is why for safety from terrorists, go with New Zealand, it is about as good as it gets and may survive nuclear war.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Is not wrong fleeing for your life. Furthermore, Singapore is a sitting duck when it come to missle or rocket attack. Unless they start buying patriot intercept missles.

Just buy Phalanx enough, the surrounding regions do not have sophisticated rockets, if any.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why for safety from terrorists, go with New Zealand, it is about as good as it gets and may survive nuclear war.

Sheep plus earthquakes and I probably be bored to death before I die of old age in NZ.
Australia is good enough :smile: Afterall Perth is only 5 hrs away.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sheep plus earthquakes and I probably be bored to death before I die of old age in NZ.
Australia is good enough :smile: Afterall Perth is only 5 hrs away.

Not all of NZ has earth quakes and I am actually happy with quiet life, there is internet these days, still can keep in touch with the world and yes I also have a bond with Perth as that was the starting point for me to Australia.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is how many Singaporeans can afford to go to another country beside Malaysia?
As for me, i have no issue if the rocket hit near my house in JB. I can easily move to another house in JB which located not so near to the current one.

Have... Singaporeans not so poor la. So many parents have sent their kids overseas to study. Unless you are talking about the lower income earners. Can they even afford a second JB property?

JB is still JB. How far can you run? They destroy your first one, they can do for the second one.

My point is, you will never know when or where they will strike. Don't get all too paranoid with the terrorist attack. Even crossing the road one can also get hit by a car. That doesn't mean we hide indoors all the time.

No proper Singaporean will spend S$300k on a JB property and use it as a safeguard against a terrorist attack in SG.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF that happens, will you not stay to fight? ! but keep on saying running here and there ! Alll male have the obligation to protect Sg.

Who says all males have the obligation to protect SG? Hahaha... those are rubbish brainwashing words. In peace time, has the SG government thought about its own people born and bred in Singapore? No. they gave priorities to foreigners instead. So in times of war, who will be so stupid to defend Singapore?

If got chance to leave, just leave la. No one owes anyone a living. You survive in Singapore not because of the government but by your own hard work. If you need to protect, do so for yourself and your loved ones. After that, just leave for safety.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, no place on earth is safe anymore, once you understand the ideology behind the terror attacks. That aside, for my family we "fled" Singapore because we were under "economic attack" by high HDB prices, car prices, among other things...while income remain "hentak kaki" :(

Eh.... income really hentak kaki ah?? That bad?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

How bad are the racist policies? For property investment, should generally be safe in Malaysia?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
How bad are the racist policies? For property investment, should generally be safe in Malaysia?
Don't get me wrong. Investments are safe in Malaysia. I still have many in Malaysia. In fact, been been to 2 viewings yesterday for a 3 roomer.Many years ago, there's a lot of political upheaval in Malaysia, so decision made to diversify and spread out offshore.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moral of the story is...... if you have already invested in JB, get your friends, relatives or peers to buy at least one property in JB as their back up plan. Remember, anything can happen in future in term of terrorist attack. Apart from rockets, water is singapore most vulnerable weakness. Learn from our history how the Japs invade Singapore. Just Cut off water supply and Singapore is finish!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moral of the story is...... if you have already invested in JB, get your friends, relatives or peers to buy at least one property in JB as their back up plan. Remember, anything can happen in future in term of terrorist attack. Apart from rockets, water is singapore most vulnerable weakness. Learn from our history how the Japs invade Singapore. Just Cut off water supply and Singapore is finish!

Talking about history. The nearest chaos I had experienced was during 1969 riots in KL. Many buildings were torched and hundreds killed. Emergency was declared and soldiers with amour cars on the roads. We were not allowed to come out. No food for first few days, later then only allowed daytime marketing. We had money but there's not enough food to be bought. Priority then was the safety of your wife and kids. My parents told me then no matter what happened, the children must survive. Nothing else matters. I remember taking the KTM Express train painted in silver color to Singapore and stayed with my auntie in Chai Chee for weeks until everything calmed down. After that I went to another uncle's house in Pontian Kecil for few months.

Today, I am better prepared for these type of crisis management.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about history. The nearest chaos I had experienced was during 1969 riots in KL. Many buildings were torched and hundreds killed. Emergency was declared and soldiers with amour cars on the roads. We were not allowed to come out. No food for first few days, later then only allowed daytime marketing. We had money but there's not enough food to be bought. Priority then was the safety of your wife and kids. My parents told me then no matter what happened, the children must survive. Nothing else matters. I remember taking the KTM Express train painted in silver color to Singapore and stayed with my auntie in Chai Chee for weeks until everything calmed down. After that I went to another uncle's house in Pontian Kecil for few months.

Today, I am better prepared for these type of crisis management.

I like your words "Priority was the safety of your wife and kids. ............... no matter what happened, the children must survive. Nothing else matters."

I concurred this statement 200%.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh.... income really hentak kaki ah?? That bad?

Yup...no kidding. Like I said, I am just an average income earner. I don't have fantastic qualifications and neither can I afford to chiong up the corporate ladder when there are still young kids needing attention. Some guys can scoot all over the region or the world a few times a month, leaving kids with wife or if wife also working, with in laws or maid. Personally I, and especially wife, don't like such arrangements. So my type of non-chionger mentality will not see pay jumps.

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
can consider moving to china if things get real bad and start affecting malaysia. if not that serious, can relocate to jb. after jb has vast areas.
but maybe the border will be closed then. so you have to stay back to fight no matter what the contigency plan is.
it takes 11 hours to go to nz. btw nz houses are y expensive already. 900k nzd median price in auckland. 550k nzd nationwide. Starting from this June, strictly no loan for foreigners and even nz pr with foreign income.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If still cannot make it in JB, I suggest to relocate to Hatyai, where almost everything is cheaper by at least 20% (except petrol) as compared to JB.

Last edited: