• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprised. Many Singaporeans have this "superior" culture over Malaysians. It is true Singapore is a better managed transparent country.
But it is the Malaysians who are enjoying life in a lesser managed environment. It is how you make your bed. :smile:

I think it is not so much about the superior culture mindset but the "fear" of the unknown. I can trly relate to when I planned my move last year as well. Like is it safe? Is it difficult to move around? How to get things done like internet, telephone, water and electricity? I must say my first week was exciting with a lot of exploration. At least nowadays, my wife and I do not face the issue of where to go over weekend as compared to when we are living in Singapore. All shopping malls have identical shops, movies are so stereotype and fine dine is so expensive.... Life is definitely slower (lots of jam during weekend though) and there are just so many things to explore...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
And there are still majority of Singaporeans thinking it is a step backward living in Malaysia. At least many of my friends were shocked when they learnt that I am living in Johor despite being a Singapore native. Haha

I shared before too that my sis-in-law considered moving to Johor a downgrade. LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is not so much about the superior culture mindset but the "fear" of the unknown. I can trly relate to when I planned my move last year as well. Like is it safe? Is it difficult to move around? How to get things done like internet, telephone, water and electricity? I must say my first week was exciting with a lot of exploration. At least nowadays, my wife and I do not face the issue of where to go over weekend as compared to when we are living in Singapore. All shopping malls have identical shops, movies are so stereotype and fine dine is so expensive.... Life is definitely slower (lots of jam during weekend though) and there are just so many things to explore...

Looks like you are pretty well settled into JB! Yes there are many things to explore, more so than Singapore, and cheaper as well. :p

And also excited that things are being built above ground level for our condo project while driving back home from Bt Indah along the Pasir Gudang Highway!:smile:

Last edited:

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you are pretty well settled into JB! Yes there are many things to explore, more so than Singapore, and cheaper as well. :p

Yes bro Frodo, really settled down now. But thought of moving from my current landed to a condo with facilities though. Landed is great in term of space however the thought of spending half of my rest day to clean up is not really ideal. Also no swimming pool and gym. Currently I am considering Sky Loft as my next destination.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my cilents ( property agent ) quit the industry and joined Uber. Never looked back since.

He worked only during the Peak hours and weekends. Easily S$7000 a month. He don't look like the sort who will lie to me though but as you know Uber is paying already S$4 to 5k just during peak hours when their drivers apps are switched on

Are u sure ? I read of a journalist who tried uber n stated his earnings only 2k plus nett nett...

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

And also excited that things are being built above ground level for our condo project while driving back home from Bt Indah along the Pasir Gudang Highway!:smile:

hi Frodo, can share what are the things to explore in JB ?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps your SIL is more of the high net worth group? Commoners like us have to stretch our every dollar (1:2.98) now in order to enjoy our life better.

She just downgraded from condo to HDB after having upgraded from HDB to condo. So going to JB would be a double downgrade. LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bro Frodo, really settled down now. But thought of moving from my current landed to a condo with facilities though. Landed is great in term of space however the thought of spending half of my rest day to clean up is not really ideal. Also no swimming pool and gym. Currently I am considering Sky Loft as my next destination.

Hahaha...yes the household chores are of a much bigger scale compared to before! Also agree that the lack of gym and swimming pool is a problem. That's why looking forward to condo being completed. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they have some kind of GPS navigation system over at JB ? My sense of direction is really bad :P

If I am not wrong, if you activate your location on your smart phone and use google map navigator, it will work even if you do not have data plan while in JB or if your car is not fitted with GPS.:smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
She just downgraded from condo to HDB after having upgraded from HDB to condo. So going to JB would be a double downgrade. LOL!

Why is moving from condo to HDB considered as "downgrade"?
Why is moving from HDB to condo considered as "upgrade"?
Downgrade for what? Upgrade from what?
Is your personality and lifestyle also downgraded or upgraded accordingly when you move?
Can't it be for any other reason?
Don't understand why people want to classify themselves this way.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is moving from condo to HDB considered as "downgrade"?
Why is moving from HDB to condo considered as "upgrade"?
Downgrade for what? Upgrade from what?
Is your personality and lifestyle also downgraded or upgraded accordingly when you move?
Can't it be for any other reason?
Don't understand why people want to classify themselves this way.

It is probably the notion that when one moves from HDB to condo one is moving from a public good to a private property, more atas, more expensive, got swimming pool etc. And because landed is so expensive in Singapore most are just happy to be able to move "up" to a condo, even if it meant that the condo is smaller than the HDB!

Before moving to JB we never entertained the thought of "upgrading" to a condo in Singapore because we knew we could never afford it. We were contented with the relatively large 4 room flat we have, but the arrival of the baby meant we were running out of space. So it was a blessing that we could make a jump from HDB to landed by moving to JB without paying the kind of money needed in Singapore.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is probably the notion that when one moves from HDB to condo one is moving from a public good to a private property, more atas, more expensive, got swimming pool etc. And because landed is so expensive in Singapore most are just happy to be able to move "up" to a condo, even if it meant that the condo is smaller than the HDB!

Before moving to JB we never entertained the thought of "upgrading" to a condo in Singapore because we knew we could never afford it. We were contented with the relatively large 4 room flat we have, but the arrival of the baby meant we were running out of space. So it was a blessing that we could make a jump from HDB to landed by moving to JB without paying the kind of money needed in Singapore.

So in conclusion, have you in reality, upgraded or downgraded?