• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha... Very funny. I'm lost in your argument liao.

If Singapore ever reaches that stage, I don't think anywhere else will be safe either.

But just to answer, I won' take the risk to run to JB. I will go to other safer countries. (I have the money to do so.)

Now my question back to you. If a rocket hits near your house in JB, what do you do?

If Changi Airport kena attack and shut down, means cannot flee to other countries so easily.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your house use shi mi grass cutter/trimmer? :biggrin:
i see part time grass cutter use petrol type...seems can trim si buai fast? :rolleyes:

Got ho one, pls kai siao..:p

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup...no kidding. Like I said, I am just an average income earner. I don't have fantastic qualifications and neither can I afford to chiong up the corporate ladder when there are still young kids needing attention. Some guys can scoot all over the region or the world a few times a month, leaving kids with wife or if wife also working, with in laws or maid. Personally I, and especially wife, don't like such arrangements. So my type of non-chionger mentality will not see pay jumps.

You are definitely a homely guy. Many gals will like this type of guys. Family first and career second.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
can consider moving to china if things get real bad and start affecting malaysia. if not that serious, can relocate to jb. after jb has vast areas.
but maybe the border will be closed then. so you have to stay back to fight no matter what the contigency plan is.
it takes 11 hours to go to nz. btw nz houses are y expensive already. 900k nzd median price in auckland. 550k nzd nationwide. Starting from this June, strictly no loan for foreigners and even nz pr with foreign income.

You are right. Anyway, border will not be closed because many Malaysian will be rushing back too.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your house use shi mi grass cutter/trimmer? :biggrin:
i see part time grass cutter use petrol type...seems can trim si buai fast? :rolleyes:

Got ho one, pls kai siao..:p

I got Black & Decker Electric mover with collecting bin. Got 3 cuttting height setting. Also got use Bosch Isio edge trimmer for wall edges and near fountain. For me, okie lar.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys like me are usually 没钱途 one. :(

No no..... you are the typical 好男人. Many gals will like you. Your wife is very lucky. I knew many guys work hard to climb the corporate ladder and travel around the world on work assignment. They earn lots of $$..... but at the same time betray their wife. Fooling and fxxking around like a playboy. Sibeh gatal..... These are the people i phui cao nua at them.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys like me are usually 没钱途 one. :(

We all look for wealths but there are many types of wealth: wealth of health, wealth of family relationship, wealth of respect in society, wealth of friendship, spiritual wealth, wealth of satisfaction or gratification of biological needs, wealth of peace in mind, wealth of free time, lastly monetary wealth. You may be the most wealthy of all men.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this.

Whether you drive a BMW or Maruti, the road remains the same. Whether you fly Economy or Business Class, your destination doesn’t change. Whether you wear a Titan or Rolex, time remains the same. Whether you use a Samsung or Apple, the people who call you are the same. There is nothing wrong in dreaming about a luxurious life. What needs to be seen is that need doesn’t become greed, because needs can always be met… but greed can never be fulfilled. – Rajnikanth

Coming back home, some people never learn. After how Lehman Brothers lost its way, people still flock to Swiber Bonds by DBS. The company is now filing for liquidation and all the bond holders have is a piece of paper. Nothing else and it is junk. All because of greed for higher returns.

At least in property investment, whether it is in JB or otherwise, even if the prices drop by 50%, you still have the property registered in your name and there is still a use for it.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/swiber-saga-dbs-says-bond-sales-driven-by-demand

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this.

Whether you drive a BMW or Maruti, the road remains the same. Whether you fly Economy or Business Class, your destination doesn’t change. Whether you wear a Titan or Rolex, time remains the same. Whether you use a Samsung or Apple, the people who call you are the same. There is nothing wrong in dreaming about a luxurious life. What needs to be seen is that need doesn’t become greed, because needs can always be met… but greed can never be fulfilled. – Rajnikanth

Coming back home, some people never learn. After how Lehman Brothers lost its way, people still flock to Swiber Bonds by DBS. The company is now filing for liquidation and all the bond holders have is a piece of paper. Nothing else and it is junk. All because of greed for higher returns.

At least in property investment, whether it is in JB or otherwise, even if the prices drop by 50%, you still have the property registered in your name and there is still a use for it.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/swiber-saga-dbs-says-bond-sales-driven-by-demand

Drop by 50% is a disaster for those planning retirement and who bought properties thinking that they could make some money by investing in property for CA lah, rich man! Now their retirement funds drop by half.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drop by 50% is a disaster for those planning retirement and who bought properties thinking that they could make some money by investing in property for CA lah, rich man! Now their retirement funds drop by half.
I also got buy bonds in Singapore. So have to keep a look out what is good and what is not. If kena issuer liquidation, mati la.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also got buy bonds in Singapore. So have to keep a look out what is good and what is not. If kena issuer liquidation, mati la.

You are not average salaried sinkie with a limited working time shelf life, getting shorter with each passing year. In fact Singapore is a place for people like you who earn overseas money and or earn dirty money. For salaried worker with short shelf life of 40 plus years old, Singapore is a death trap, that's why all try to run to Johor but many jump from frying pan into the fire.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not average salaried sinkie with a limited working time shelf life, getting shorter with each passing year. In fact Singapore is a place for people like you who earn overseas money and or earn dirty money. For salaried worker with short shelf life of 40 plus years old, Singapore is a death trap, that's why all try to run to Johor but many jump from frying pan into the fire.

That's why you are the saviour. You tell them not to come to JB but you no offer them solutions. I only see everyday JB bashing only. Complains alot, solutions don't have. Tell lah your little secrets how to survive in this troubled waters. But don't tell them to go Oz, not many are rich like you.
I am sure many will want to learn from you. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why you are the saviour. You tell them not to come to JB but you no offer them solutions. I only see everyday JB bashing only. Complains alot, solutions don't have. Tell lah your little secrets how to survive in this troubled waters. But don't tell them to go Oz, not many are rich like you.
I am sure many will want to learn from you. :smile:

Having a rich dad is a good headstart! But most are not so fortunate. :(

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this.

I can't agree with the last sentence. It's true only if you are NOT buying for investment and you have the wealth. Maybe you're referring to yourself? :smile:

Property is something not so easy to liquidate, all the more so for foreigners who dabble in Johor properties. The last thing investors or common buyers want to hear are new policies not in their favour. For eg, foreigners who initially bought less than RM1mil properties are now stuck. Those who bought expensive Iskandar condos above RM700 psf not realising there is no market among the locals, no critical mass to support, oversupply coming up and little rental/resale potential will be stuck too.

If one only goes back to the Iskandar home once a week or month for holiday, you don't need a calculator or to be good in Maths to know that it does not make financial sense.

To lose RM700k and above is no small sum. It can help the commoner retire earlier or see through a few of his kids through college and overseas uni education.