• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some jokers from Maybank may have read some of the comments from fellow forumers in the sammyboy forum. They just cut and paste and made it their report! Btw, when i said endorsement by Sultan, it means those projects where Sultan was there during their official launching.

Hey stupid kid, please be careful with all the statements you make here!
Gracing an event is different from endorsing the project!
Do you know what is the meaning of ENDORSE???
Make sure you don't say anything that may complicate the royalties and get yourself in serious trouble!!!!!
Different name by same stupidity, Cslong!!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey stupid kid, please be careful with all the statements you make here!
Gracing an event is different from endorsing the project!
Do you know what is the meaning of ENDORSE???
Make sure you don't say anything that may complicate the royalties and get yourself in serious trouble!!!!!
Different name by same stupidity, Cslong!!

I never bother to respond any his postings. Just ignore.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually this will be the trend going forwards. Some of the developments are already meant for foreigners given the premium prices and high-end designs.

Eg: Horizon Hills, East Ledang.. PH, Medini etc.. All these will be announced as foreigners area.

Don't think they will allow foreigners to buy houses in places like Scientex or IOI Palm etc anymore in the future. Its to protect their people

I always tell pple Malaysia is the perfect value for money in terms of property investments and one of the very rare to sell land or freehold landed to foreigners at such a low cost of S$350K. They really are at the losing end if they continue doing this

They are going all out to screw foreigners who already purchased properties by designating a new zone only for foreigners to purchase.
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...rs-arent-buying-up-Johor-real-estate-says-MB/

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh sorry guys. I didn't know Relaxman or CS Long (??) has upset people here?

I wonder when all the big establishments like Gleneagles, Affiniti, One Medini, the various ang moh universities are ready, will Medini be vibrant? And so properties will be back in demand?

I remember clearly the same thing happened to Bishan. As some of you may know, decades ago, it was a graveyard. When the MRT was running thru it in late 1987, there were fake reports of ghosts sightings to sensationalize the news. There was no library, no Junction 8. Bishan Park was still i the process of building. There were no good/top schools like Raffles or Cat High. It was just a new residential town. Lots of HDB flats, no shopping centres. You only buy stuffs from the small provision shops or coffeeshops.

If you had told Bishan residents back then that their HDB flats would one day sell for up to a $1 million, I have no doubt all of them would have said you were mad! But fast forward 20-25 years later, Bishan has become a very "hot" area!

Right now, Iskandar is so bare, like Bishan. So analysts can only use the present data to analyze and comment on the almost dead situation Iskandar is in. They would never comment about the future as anyone can say whatever they like and there are no facts to prove what will definitely happen.

So I think how successful Iskandar will be lies a lot on how the Malaysian govt plays its cards.

The big problem is, as people often say, you can't expect policies and plans to be run as efficiently as in Singapore. That I feel could be a huge bottleneck.

But if they make effort to do it well and attract the right investments into Iskandar, it could prove to be Big. The question is How long will it take? Some don't think in this generation! I hope they are wrong.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
zones only for foreigners?
How's that going to work? How about those that has already bought? This is going to create more confusion again.
What is it that they are planning? Keep on changing goal post

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
zones only for foreigners?
How's that going to work? How about those that has already bought? This is going to create more confusion again.
What is it that they are planning? Keep on changing goal post

Very simple to implement. Area similar to medini where the land title remains with local can sell to foreigner as 129 yrs lease. For other areas, if you are lucky they say foreigner can continue to hold it if you have bought it, but can only sell back to local if you want to sell. Else if they want to play tough, they will make you sell within a stipulated period to a local. As a wise guy said before, there is no such thing as freehold for foreigner, the law can change with the stroke of a pen.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh sorry guys. I didn't know Relaxman or CS Long (??) has upset people here?

I wonder when all the big establishments like Gleneagles, Affiniti, One Medini, the various ang moh universities are ready, will Medini be vibrant? And so properties will be back in demand?

I remember clearly the same thing happened to Bishan. As some of you may know, decades ago, it was a graveyard. When the MRT was running thru it in late 1987, there were fake reports of ghosts sightings to sensationalize the news. There was no library, no Junction 8. Bishan Park was still i the process of building. There were no good/top schools like Raffles or Cat High. It was just a new residential town. Lots of HDB flats, no shopping centres. You only buy stuffs from the small provision shops or coffeeshops.

If you had told Bishan residents back then that their HDB flats would one day sell for up to a $1 million, I have no doubt all of them would have said you were mad! But fast forward 20-25 years later, Bishan has become a very "hot" area!

Right now, Iskandar is so bare, like Bishan. So analysts can only use the present data to analyze and comment on the almost dead situation Iskandar is in. They would never comment about the future as anyone can say whatever they like and there are no facts to prove what will definitely happen.

So I think how successful Iskandar will be lies a lot on how the Malaysian govt plays its cards.

The big problem is, as people often say, you can't expect policies and plans to be run as efficiently as in Singapore. That I feel could be a huge bottleneck.

But if they make effort to do it well and attract the right investments into Iskandar, it could prove to be Big. The question is How long will it take? Some don't think in this generation! I hope they are wrong.

Not upset....they just miss cslong a lot. Since no one is willing to engage a shouting match with them, they get desperate and assume me as cslong. Aiya, just ignore those kids la. Their motive is just to degrade this forum.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple to implement. Area similar to medini where the land title remains with local can sell to foreigner as 129 yrs lease. For other areas, if you are lucky they say foreigner can continue to hold it if you have bought it, but can only sell back to local if you want to sell. Else if they want to play tough, they will make you sell within a stipulated period to a local. As a wise guy said before, there is no such thing as freehold for foreigner, the law can change with the stroke of a pen.

A very logical view. Of course foreigners cannot buy terrace house anymore unless is more than 1 mil.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
How are they going to attract foreigners to invest in Iskandar.
Policies can change and be amended anytime.

Like this can have heart attack investing in Iskandar. Haha.
I hope they have the balls to implement such policies to get foreigners to force sell to locals. I'm really interested to see what will Iskandar turn out to be. overnight the property price will plunge.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope they have the balls to implement such policies to get foreigners to force sell to locals. I'm really interested to see what will Iskandar turn out to be. overnight the property price will plunge.

We will definitely have Chinese Ghost Cities then...you still trust them?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't worry. Sultan won't allow this to happen. Johor is lucky to have a wise Sultan that will ensure Johor prosperous development. Don't listen too much negative comments from some self-proclaim property gurus in this forum.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry. Sultan won't allow this to happen. Johor is lucky to have a wise Sultan that will ensure Johor prosperous development. Don't listen too much negative comments from some self-proclaim property gurus in this forum.

Hey dumb kid, I am still waiting for you to show us any documents or official announcement, which project the Sultan had officially endorsed!
Otherwise, don't go around misleading people with false information information!!!!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey dumb kid, I am still waiting for you to show us any documents or official announcement, which project the Sultan had officially endorsed!
Otherwise, don't go around misleading people with false information information!!!!

Don't be lazy and read more property news. Don't expect us to spoon feed you all the time. Give you one more hint....

StarProperty
Posted on August 12, 2013
By YEE XIANG YUN

Johor Sultan backs Country Garden’s Danga Bay project

JOHOR BARU: Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar believes that the mega Country Garden Danga Bay property project will be a success.

The Sultan assured investors that the project would receive fruitful returns.

“Based on my own observation, I am sure that with the expertise and ability of the company’s employees, the project will be implemented well,” he said at the launch of the project and its clubhouse and sales gallery at Danga Bay yesterday.

“The show units will also be a landmark, decorated with beautiful and attractive landscape as well as fitted with five-star facilities.”

Sultan Ibrahim thanked Country Garden Holdings Ltd, one of China’s top 10 property developers, for choosing Johor as its first overseas market for the project.

He also encouraged more foreigners to invest in property development in Johor as it would boost the state’s economy and create more job opportunities for Johoreans. Country Garden Holdings founder and chairman Yeung Kwok Keung said that the multi-billion integrated development was aimed at providing “five-star standard living and building high-quality products to suit the client’s needs”.

“I hope that the project will encourage more enterprises from China to invest in Malaysia to contribute to better bilateral ties between the two countries,” he added. Country Garden Danga Bay Sdn Bhd will develop the project after purchasing a 23.06ha seafront land eight months ago from Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd for RM900mil. The project will include 9,000 condominium units and commercial development such as a shopping mall and a commercial boulevard with a gross development value of RM18bil. It is slated to be completed in three phases and to be launched simultaneously by 2017.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KUALA LUMPUR, May 11 — Singaporeans are becoming more “wary” of buying properties in Johor amid fear of an impending property oversupply in Malaysia’s southernmost state, a board member in the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said.

The member, Lawrence Wong, noted that close to 336,000 private residential properties are currently under construction in Johor, according to Malaysia’s National Property Information Centre’s latest statistics.

According to news portal TODAY, the number of these soon-to-be launched properties in Johor already exceeds the total number of residential properties in Singapore, which has a population size of around 5.47 million.

Beyond the 336,000 new housing units in Johor, Wong also pointed to the expected development after 2020 of 1,400 hectares of reclaimed land near the second link between Malaysia and Singapore.

“Given these indications, there are many reports indicating that buyers are becoming more cautious. Official Malaysian data suggest Johor housing market is already slowing down … Singaporean buyers too, are becoming wary.

“According to a survey of real estate agencies, the number of Malaysian properties bought through these agencies dropped from 2,609 in 2013 to 838 in 2014,” Wong, who is Singapore Minister for Culture, Community and Youth, was quoted saying by TODAY.

He was responding to a parliamentary question on the number of Singaporeans who have purchased properties in Johor’s economic region Iskandar Malaysia.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ore-wary-of-johor-proper#sthash.7ildvrcf.dpuf

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be lazy and read more property news. Don't expect us to spoon feed you all the time. Give you one more hint....

StarProperty
Posted on August 12, 2013
By YEE XIANG YUN

Johor Sultan backs Country Garden’s Danga Bay project

JOHOR BARU: Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar believes that the mega Country Garden Danga Bay property project will be a success.

The Sultan assured investors that the project would receive fruitful returns.

“Based on my own observation, I am sure that with the expertise and ability of the company’s employees, the project will be implemented well,” he said at the launch of the project and its clubhouse and sales gallery at Danga Bay yesterday.

“The show units will also be a landmark, decorated with beautiful and attractive landscape as well as fitted with five-star facilities.”

Sultan Ibrahim thanked Country Garden Holdings Ltd, one of China’s top 10 property developers, for choosing Johor as its first overseas market for the project.

He also encouraged more foreigners to invest in property development in Johor as it would boost the state’s economy and create more job opportunities for Johoreans. Country Garden Holdings founder and chairman Yeung Kwok Keung said that the multi-billion integrated development was aimed at providing “five-star standard living and building high-quality products to suit the client’s needs”.

“I hope that the project will encourage more enterprises from China to invest in Malaysia to contribute to better bilateral ties between the two countries,” he added. Country Garden Danga Bay Sdn Bhd will develop the project after purchasing a 23.06ha seafront land eight months ago from Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Sdn Bhd for RM900mil. The project will include 9,000 condominium units and commercial development such as a shopping mall and a commercial boulevard with a gross development value of RM18bil. It is slated to be completed in three phases and to be launched simultaneously by 2017.

Who sold the land to the Chinese developers?
Who make the Chinese developers believe that the land sold to them for development will sell like hot cakes and will give a great yield?
I don't know.
Do you know?
Giving complimentary to people who come from afar to invest and set up shop in your country is courtesy.
The news quoted is just that.
But you still have not show anything about the Sultan's official endorsement!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who make the Chinese developers believe that the land sold to them for development will sell like hot cakes and will give a great yield?
I don't know.
Do you know?
Giving complimentary to people who come from afar to invest and set up shop in your country is courtesy.

If you don't understand english, i cant help you.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious? 336000 units under construction? More than the total private properties in sg?
I have a feeling that number is for whole malaysia and not just johor.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know.
Do you know?

I heard from the locals that Iskandar is a hole dug up to let foreigners go in. Most of locals do not invest in Iskandar.