• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time for a smoke? One cigarette reduces your life by 11 minutes

Will you quit smoking?

• I have quit smoking

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Will consider, but not now

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • May do when I get married

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • May do when I have children

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not in this lifetime

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • I am not a smoker

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
H4Ynlvk.gif

q1MOEZd.gif

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The lost of significant votes (from 33% to over 50%) is a lot more costly than the lost of profits.

Hope the white skunks lose more votes in the next GE. In any case, no government in the world ever banned smoking.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, the PAP do not have guts to ban the tobacco substance here in Singapore.
White skunks make 10 fold profits for every packet sold. They will never ban smoking.
One of the best revenues generated so far, why should they ban it?
Dunno the maths, but if U add the medical costs and the social cost (dependence on social welfare due to early retirement due to poor health), might not be a small sum.

Also, some rich CEOs of SGP companies/ MNC also smoke, likewise the tourist/ airport transit passengers: so gahmen cannot possibly ban ciggies if economic GDP means anything. Best way is there for a cost recovery basis: u smoke= u pay for future healthcare cost consumption: economically it balances out I guess...

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
COPD: Smoking Excuses Busted

<tbody>
</tbody>
Source: Singapore Health Ref T12. Original title: "Flu Shot Saves Lives"
Quit smoking to reduce risks

Smoking is one of the main causes of the lung disease Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD); about 90 per cent of such cases are directly caused or triggered by smoking. According to studies, the risk of developing COPD increases with age and the length of time spent smoking. In fact, almost all long-term smokers will develop COPD, provided that other smoking-related diseases such as heart disease, cancer or diabetes do not result in death first.
The toxic chemicals in cigarettes damage the cells in the lungs. In the long run, this causes permanent damage resulting in poor lung function. By the time symptoms appear, the damage is extensive.
Smoking-Excuses-Busted.jpg
Smoking excuses busted

I’ve smoked for so long, the damage is already done, so there’s no point in quitting.
It’s never too late to quit. The longer a person smokes, the greater the risk of developing smoking-related illnesses. By the time symptoms appear, the damage is extensive.
If I stop smoking, I’ll gain weight and get stressed – these are just as bad for my health.
The net gains from quitting outweigh concerns about weight gain. In fact, quitting can help you breathe more easily and enable you to exercise with more ease and enjoyment
I quit but caved in and had one cigarette the other day. I might as well continue smoking.
Having one or even a few cigarettes does not mean utter failure. The fact that you got through a few days, weeks or months without a cigarette means you don’t need to smoke. Just strengthen your resolve to quit and try again.
I’ve cut down my smoking to a safe level.
There is no such thing as a “safe level” of smoking. In fact, light smokers tend to inhale more often and deeply, cancelling the benefits of cutting back.
My grandfather/uncle/neighbour smoked and lived to a ripe old age.
Some people may be exceptions to the rule, but the numbers are not in your favour as 90 per cent of smokers succumb to COPD or lung cancer.

<tbody>
</tbody>

http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/hea...nesses/Pages/copd-smoking-excuses-busted.aspx