• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cancer causing- Top 10 Carcinogenic foods ?

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
download.jpg

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_97478a170101a97p.html

1.葵花子 Sunflower seeds

2.口香糖 Chewing gums

3.味精 MSG

4.猪肝 Pig Liver

5.油条、河粉、板条、米粉、粉丝 Fritters (You-char-kueh), Rice noodles, bee-hoon

6.腌菜、萝卜干 Pickles, radish

7.市售瓶装果汁饮料 Commercially bottled juice drinks

8.皮蛋 Preserved egg

9.臭豆腐 'Smelly' Tofu

10.爆米花 Popcorn

Follow link for pictures http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_97478a170101a97p.html

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 'siowest' fucktards are the one that

1) think soursop is the answer to cancer

2) think vegans are some kind of holier than thou crap

3) beg for chats online

If you are 3 out of 3 above, you seriously is a FUCKTARD among fucktards.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then cannot eat noodles already? Siao bo

Problem with noodles & bread is that they probably use genetically modified flour because it is cheaper. If you buy those prepackaged noodles it probably contains plenty of unhealthy things like salt, msg, ...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In our current times, and situation, it is very unlikely we will have access to 100% naturally grown foodstuff, whether grain or fruit. Almost everything we buy today have been genetically/scientifically modified. Right down to the rice grains, bananas we eat, they are not of the form they were hundreds of years ago when our forefathers ate them. Even the domestic pigs and chickens raised at the farms (free range or not) are not the same animals that were originally domesticated from their wild relatives. They have been selectively bred. Even "wild" ginseng is not really wild, there are none.

However, I believe the majority of the foods we buy today are safer, more hygienic to consume than before because safety and health standards have been improved over the years. Just sometimes, some industrial accident occurs, or some inspector/official is corrupt and "contaminated" food is released into the market. That's just bad luck.

Cheers!

Problem with noodles & bread is that they probably use genetically modified flour because it is cheaper. If you buy those prepackaged noodles it probably contains plenty of unhealthy things like salt, msg, ...

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 'siowest' fucktards are the one that

1) think soursop is the answer to cancer

2) think vegans are some kind of holier than thou crap

3) beg for chats online

If you are 3 out of 3 above, you seriously is a FUCKTARD among fucktards.
4) beg for points online

If you are 4 out of 4 above, you seriously is a FUCKTARD among fucktards.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In our current times, and situation, it is very unlikely we will have access to 100% naturally grown foodstuff, whether grain or fruit. Almost everything we buy today have been genetically/scientifically modified. Right down to the rice grains, bananas we eat, they are not of the form they were hundreds of years ago when our forefathers ate them. Even the domestic pigs and chickens raised at the farms (free range or not) are not the same animals that were originally domesticated from their wild relatives. They have been selectively bred. Even "wild" ginseng is not really wild, there are none.

However, I believe the majority of the foods we buy today are safer, more hygienic to consume than before because safety and health standards have been improved over the years. Just sometimes, some industrial accident occurs, or some inspector/official is corrupt and "contaminated" food is released into the market. That's just bad luck.

Cheers!

The fight against genetically modified crops is still going on. There is a difference with todays GM foods. The GM food I am concern with are the GM foods being developed in the labs by large companies like Monsantos. Big companies are mercenary & driven by the profit motive. They are not concerned with things like safety.

Even if foods are hygenic there can be health issues with long term exposure. As a consumer I'm only concerned with safety & the fact that there are opponents to GM foods shows that it may not be so safe.

There are already plenty of health problems in the US. Many of the problems can be traced to the unhealty processed foods. They are also eating plenty of GM foods. Is there a connection:confused: Nobody knows & I don't want to be a guinea pig.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
interesting point u brought up. but if the food is tat bad how come our life expectancy is increasing more n more? we r living longer with more health problems than compared to the past where people live shorter but healthier lives.

The fight against genetically modified crops is still going on. There is a difference with todays GM foods. The GM food I am concern with are the GM foods being developed in the labs by large companies like Monsantos. Big companies are mercenary & driven by the profit motive. They are not concerned with things like safety.

Even if foods are hygenic there can be health issues with long term exposure. As a consumer I'm only concerned with safety & the fact that there are opponents to GM foods shows that it may not be so safe.

There are already plenty of health problems in the US. Many of the problems can be traced to the unhealty processed foods. They are also eating plenty of GM foods. Is there a connection:confused: Nobody knows & I don't want to be a guinea pig.

RunRoad

Alfrescian
Loyal
interesting point u brought up. but if the food is tat bad how come our life expectancy is increasing more n more? we r living longer with more health problems than compared to the past where people live shorter but healthier lives.

With the advancement of science particularly in the area of preventive medical science, we are able to live longer and healthier. The damage done by GM food has been negated in part by the advancement of modern science.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know exactly what you mean. And Monsanto is a company that stands out in this arena. I once saw a Halloween poster depicting Monsanto products as the evil against society. These days, we can only be watchful to a certain extent on what we put into our mouths. We remain conscious on two fronts - one that is ecologically conscious, one that is humanely aware. But many things are hidden from view. A free press and morally responsible press is essential to put out information to the public. The rest is up to the individual.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life expectencies have increased because of advancements in science and information on health, hygiene, etc. The good has benefitted society more than the harm has caused us. We can't help it that money is the driving force, but it is what makes the world go round, well, it makes society function. Its something we have to live with.

Cheers!

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poultry and livestock farmers use hormones and steroids for faster growth of chicken, cattle etc. These chemicals end up in the food we consume. Do they affect our bodies? Just look around. Before the fast food culture spread, girls reached puberty in their early teens. Now even 9 year old girls are menstruating. i attribute it to the hormones and steroids that comes embedded with fast food.

Even vegetables are not spared. Chemical fertilizers are generously applied to accelerate their growth. When they end up in our body, all the chemicals will definitely play tic tac toe with our organs.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So basically GM foods etc is a non issue lah. Another point is the world population is growing by leaps and bounds. If GM foods etc are not used to enhance crop production etc, how to feed the people? So its either better 'quality' food or less food and people starve.

With the advancement of science particularly in the area of preventive medical science, we are able to live longer and healthier. The damage done by GM food has been negated in part by the advancement of modern science.

RunRoad

Alfrescian
Loyal
So basically GM foods etc is a non issue lah. Another point is the world population is growing by leaps and bounds. If GM foods etc are not used to enhance crop production etc, how to feed the people? So its either better 'quality' food or less food and people starve.

Nope. My posting:

Reply to your posting here:

... if the food is tat bad how come our life expectancy is increasing more n more?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP is a miserly & a selfish lot. They never do anything without a reason. The fact that they are now encouraging cancer screenings should tell you that something bad is going on here.
I suspect that the data will show that young Sporeans are suffering from a high rate of cancers.

The fact that older Sporeans are living longer is irrelevant because it just shows that the older generation are healthier than todays young. Not really surprising when you consider that in the good old days the diet was healthier, foods were natural & not tainted by chemicals & gm foods. People like my grandfather would get fresh eggs & chicken from the neighbourhood kampong.

In the old days eating organic foods was the norm. Unlike today where you have to pay extra for organic.

If you look around you will notice that todays young are suffering from all sorts of health issues: allergies, hair loss, over weight, cancers,... It's common to hear of NS men dropping dead. I won't be surprised when future stats data shows that post baby boomers are having a shorter life span.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is actually enough food to go around. The real problem is with the unequal distribution of food. The producers prefer to sell food to markets where they can get higher prices e.g. Spore, US,...

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what they said in the 80s and 90s,,but i dont think its the case now. as grains etc can b used for biofuels etc..anyway its good that food prices are high,,prevents the poor and the trailer park trash from breeding,,,we do need to get rid of the surplus population anyway.

There is actually enough food to go around. The real problem is with the unequal distribution of food. The producers prefer to sell food to markets where they can get higher prices e.g. Spore, US,...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poultry and livestock farmers use hormones and steroids for faster growth of chicken, cattle etc. These chemicals end up in the food we consume. Do they affect our bodies? Just look around. Before the fast food culture spread, girls reached puberty in their early teens. Now even 9 year old girls are menstruating. i attribute it to the hormones and steroids that comes embedded with fast food.

Even vegetables are not spared. Chemical fertilizers are generously applied to accelerate their growth. When they end up in our body, all the chemicals will definitely play tic tac toe with our organs.

Have read about cases where male children have developed breast from eating chicken with too much hormones.