• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Get ready for 2 (two!) new musicals about LKY next year

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two musicals on Lee Kuan Yew in the works
Both slated to be staged next year, in time for Singapore's 50th birthday

lkymusicalfe07e.jpg

Mr Lee Kuan Yew smiles as his portrait is taken on Aug 14, 2009. Two separate musicals about the former prime minister are in the works and are expected to be staged next year, in time for Singapore's 50th anniversary. -- ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW

Published on Feb 07, 2014
7:19 AM

Two separate musicals about former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew are in the works and are expected to be staged next year, in time for Singapore's 50th anniversary.

For one of them, new Singapore theatre company Metropolitan Productions has roped in several well-known local arts talents to form the backbone of the musical's creative team.

Cultural Medallion recipient and composer Dick Lee will write the music, while novelist Meira Chand and theatre practitioner Tony Petito, founder of the Singapore Repertory Theatre, will work on the storyline and script.

The Straits Times understands that the other musical is slated to be the opening act for the iconic Capitol Theatre when it reopens next year. It is commissioned by Capitol Investment Holdings, which owns Capitol Singapore.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
premiere shows front rows sure fully occupied by ball carriers.

haven't show yet the straits times reporter aka show critic already starting to write rave reviews.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the musical is a satirical comedy, I might actually go watch it.

However, if it's something like 'The East Is Red'.... no thank you.

[video=youtube;rffLLliKz9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rffLLliKz9I[/video]

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scene from upcoming musical on Harry Baboon’s life:

Harry enters stage with Ho Jinx in search of Pinky who has gone missing in action, frolicking with his old flame (let’s say it is the Thai PM what’s her name again?).

to be continued ... ... ...

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be patient, video will come soon, in the meantime, please enjoy the modified lyrics ... ... ...

Chorus:
Miya sama, miya sama,
Once worked for hated Kempetei
Lowly translator so he said
Bullshit lah
Only daft Sinkies believe story!

Repeat Chorus

Mikado (Old Fart):
From every kind of man
Obedience I expect;
I'm the Emperor of Sinkipoo —

Katisha (Ho Jinx):
And I'm his daughter-in-law elect!
He'll marry his son [Nanki-poo = Ass Loon lor!]
(He's only got two)
To his daughter-in-law elect!

Old Fart:
My morals have been declared
Particularly correct;

Ho Jinx:
But they're nothing at all, compared
With those of his daughter-in-law elect!
Bow — Bow —

Sinkies:
Bow — Bow —

Old Fart:
In a fatherly kind of way
I govern each tribe and sect,
All cheerfully own my sway —

Ho Jinx:
Except his daughter-in-law elect!
As smart as Warren,
Buy high sell low and tax,
Is his daughter-in-law elect!

Old Fart:
My nature is love and light —
My freedom from all defect —

Ho Jinx:
Is insignificant quite,
Compared with his daughter-in-law elect!
Bow — Bow —

Sinkies:
Bow — Bow —

to be continued ... ... ...

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What's the title of the 2 musical?

Underworld & Die again another day?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Mikado; or, The Town of Titipu is a comic opera in two acts, with music by Arthur Sullivan and libretto by W. S. Gilbert, their ninth of fourteen operatic collaborations. It opened on 14 March 1885, in London, where it ran at the Savoy Theatre for 672 performances, which was the second longest run for any work of musical theatre and one of the longest runs of any theatre piece up to that time. Before the end of 1885, it was estimated that, in Europe and America, at least 150 companies were producing the opera. The Mikado remains the most frequently performed Savoy Opera, and it is especially popular with amateur and school productions. The work has been translated into numerous languages and is one of the most frequently played musical theatre pieces in history.

Setting the opera in Japan, an exotic locale far away from Britain, allowed Gilbert to satirise British politics and institutions more freely by disguising them as Japanese. Gilbert used foreign or fictional locales in several operas, including The Mikado, Princess Ida, The Gondoliers, Utopia, Limited and The Grand Duke, to soften the impact of his pointed satire of British institutions.

For more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mikado

[video=youtube;6O2FUKiCvLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O2FUKiCvLM[/video]

PS: video at #7 is better, but can't play directly on forum so only provide link.

Last edited:

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously these plays wouldn't get the go ahead without the approval from LKY himself

But what the fark? He approved these plays trumpeting his own 'achievements'? He really buay pai sey hor.

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Super old fart is dying very soon.. so the state's propaganda machine is now increasing the peasant brainwashing to drum into them the greatness of this dictator.. same as north Korea Kim il sung and Kim jong il... Wat next? Change history in school books to trumpet this traitor dastardly past? I'll burn these books myself..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Super old fart is dying very soon.. so the state's propaganda machine is now increasing the peasant brainwashing to drum into them the greatness of this dictator.. same as north Korea Kim il sung and Kim jong il... Wat next? Change history in school books to trumpet this traitor dastardly past? I'll burn these books myself..

Indeed. They're going out in full force to shore up his 'legacy' before he kicks the bucket.

The political system of Singapore resembles North Korea's.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

tumblr_lkaymvC4ft1qgq3reo1_500.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY's diehard fans better start rehearsing their crying now. Put up a flawless show in front of the camera. :wink:

[video=youtube;pDOMyNOS4sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDOMyNOS4sc[/video]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I would live it if there were some songs which I could sing to express my admiration and respect for LKY.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Lau Cheebyes wearing shirts to pay their homage to their venerable Grand Master the Lau Cheebye of all Lau Cheebyes in S'pore..

Is there anyone out there who can get me one of those T shirts or at least send me a high resolution image of LKY so I can print one myself.

I would like this one if possible..... 4000 pixels x 3000 approx would be perfect so I can do a life size wall mural for my bedroom too.

Lee%2Bkuan%2Byew%2Bpictures.jpg

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minutes after releasing this statement, many RC Por Lumpars, NTUC cunts, PA scums, the 60% CB Kias already making advance booking of tickets to see the 2 shows..

Confirmed, chopped, stamped both shows gonna be massive sell out..