• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder so many Msian docs (most fm Penang) r working in Spore now. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Columbus a reasonable and reliable choice in Iskandar?

It looks pretty modern http://www.columbiaasia.com/nusajaya-services.html . I recall seeing another big hospital under construction just behind it.

Together with several other hospitals (e.g. Gleneagles at Medini and Peter Lim's hospital) under planning, they seem to be able to offer a comprehensive suite of services. For chronic treatment and if subsidy/Medisave/Medishield can help, they will really take off in a big way. As usual, there is nothing in for the Singapore government, so these schemes are unlikely to be applicable in Malaysia, except for a few special hospitals.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
For myself, I am 39 years old now and hope to retire or semiretire by 45 years old in JB. Hope to do so by renting out my terrace and MM in Sg. Hopefully, it will give me S$5000 per month to retire comfortably in JB by then. Need to save up to pay off my terrace martgage and MM2H program by then.

How much is enough for a comfotable retirement in mudlaysia ?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually, I am not very sure. I guess it depends on one's lifestyle ie. Holidays , eating out and if children goes to international school it will cost more.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

1. Define "comfortable" in your context.

2. Work out how much "comfortable" costs per year based on your definition of the word.

3. If "comfortable" = $x per annum, then you'll need $x/0.04 of income generating assets assuming a yield of 4% after taxes.

Example if you can live comfortably on $40,000 per year, then you need assets of $1 million (based on a 4% yield after taxes).

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I feel like selling everything in Sg then putting the money in a fixed deposit giving 4%pa in Malaysia which should give me S$5000+ a month in JB and capital is protected! Feel very tempted to do that but hubby keeps pouring cold water on the idea saying my sons cannot leave Sg when they do NS and would need a place to stay then. I tell him we can rent then....Actually,sometimes I wish I can get them out of NS especially when I hear of those freak deaths and accidents happening....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I feel like selling everything in Sg then putting the money in a fixed deposit giving 4%pa in Malaysia which should give me S$5000+ a month in JB and capital is protected! Feel very tempted to do that but hubby keeps pouring cold water on the idea saying my sons cannot leave Sg when they do NS and would need a place to stay then. I tell him we can rent then....Actually,sometimes I wish I can get them out of NS especially when I hear of those freak deaths and accidents happening....

IMHO, that's not a good idea as MYR is sliding and you burn your bridges in singapore. in time, your next generation will get poorer.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a far higher chance of being killed on the roads.
True, many recce bikers/divers killed or break hands, break legs on the roads during NS. Tat will haunt u for life. In e end, nobody care abt u, except yr family. Tats is e hard truth.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You always find true friends when you are deep in the ditch.

[video=youtube;zefxn7RpATM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zefxn7RpATM[/video]

True, many recce bikers/divers killed or break hands, break legs on the roads during NS. Tat will haunt u for life. In e end, nobody care abt u, except yr family. Tats is e hard truth.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is why NS scares me...thought of migrating to get them out of it but hubby thinks NS is good for them...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why NS scares me...thought of migrating to get them out of it but hubby thinks NS is good for them...

nowadays NS are so much diff from older days la ...
My 2 nephews so far never complain abt NS , 1 even mananged to lose 15kgs of weight !

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I guess I should not sell my Sg terrace but rent it out in case we need to come back in future....

Or could u sell ur terrace for 3 million and buy a Resale EC at 1 million... Then rent out the EC and safe the balance 2million as fix deposit to earn interest?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or could u sell ur terrace for 3 million and buy a Resale EC at 1 million... Then rent out the EC and safe the balance 2million as fix deposit to earn interest?

My terrace quite small lah , not worth so much...anyway cannot buy EC if have foreign property right?

D

Deleted member 80916

I hear that in this Iskandar Medical Zone,.."Singapore Doctors are not allowed to practice , only Malaysian-Accredicted Doctors are " <- is this true ?