• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor is so much nearer and easier to transport to and fro compared to Batam

But I got some business associates who travel to Batam on weekends to spend time with their mistresses. Seem that they are enjoying life over there too

In Batam, you can have a mistress on contract basis and it can be 6 months or a year. :smile:

MrErnie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor is so much nearer and easier to transport to and fro compared to Batam

But I got some business associates who travel to Batam on weekends to spend time with their mistresses. Seem that they are enjoying life over there too

Frankly when u have close frens u wont think much of sex. N i mean close frens not "hi bye" ones.
U wont even feel like marrying. It is lonliness n peer pressure that makes us highly sex n wanting to marry.
But on the other hand i also do understand some ppl r just purely highly sex. Like myself for example when all of a sudden lots of frens start calling me, i felt my sex drive drop n had no feeling of getting married. I felt so happy. Then the nex moment no one called me at all. I could feel myself becoming a sex lunatic again n yearn to start a family..

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Through the years I hv seen frens with money in pocket and very macho indeed.go to bats /nightclub in Bata, and Singapore.they seems in control.
Indeed he was.

Soon enough..money was never enough.life becomes so stressful.it seems the ladies have taken control.

Some even 'really thought they are in love and must get married.why escape the married environment to these ladies and end up on another marriage.Simple..LOVE or is it?

Of course the ladies are all about $$$$

Then again our Romeos already conditioned that is all ONLY love

QUOTE=snowbird;2208102]worse.........."good news darling, I'm pregnant!"[/QUOTE]

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have an offer of about S$ 4k to S$4.2k for renting my Sg terrace, am tempted to take it up and semiretire by renting a condo in JB but mum says no good to sacrifice kids education by putting them in international school in JB. Sigh...seems that is the main stumbling block...and also just paid for a new maid too...

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I do agree that Singapore education is still the best of all. No fight. You can invest in a holiday house in JB first and hop over during school holidays and weekends etc.. when its time for your kids to enter poly or university you can hands off a bit and move over to JB more often. When they got married, that's when you can sell off or rent off your terrace for RM 6-7 million or RM 13,000 rental and retire like a King in Iskandar.

By that time about 10-20 years later Iskandar would be a much better place and pace to live in offering a superior quality of life not found in forever stressful Singapore.

Have an offer of about S$ 4k to S$4.2k for renting my Sg terrace, am tempted to take it up and semiretire by renting a condo in JB but mum says no good to sacrifice kids education by putting them in international school in JB. Sigh...seems that is the main stumbling block...and also just paid for a new maid too...

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal

JB international school is a sacrifice against SG public school? No way...

Stumbling block more like rental is short term 2yrs....

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I do agree that Singapore education is still the best of all. No fight. You can invest in a holiday house in JB first and hop over during school holidays and weekends etc.. when its time for your kids to enter poly or university you can hands off a bit and move over to JB more often. When they got married, that's when you can sell off or rent off your terrace for RM 6-7 million or RM 13,000 rental and retire like a King in Iskandar.

By that time about 10-20 years later Iskandar would be a much better place and pace to live in offering a superior quality of life not found in forever stressful Singapore.

Hello, rental revenue of RM13k is only if the property is fully paid, did you take into account the mortgage payments of freedom? Anyway I find JB almost as expensive as Singapore these days, yah sure the street food is cheaper after conversion from SGD to RM but they are usually pathetically smaller portions too.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the falling ringgit, rental passive income goes furthur, and the new Tebrau shuttle means we can come back more easily.....wondering if kids too small though, P1 and P5 next year to take daily commute. Think one day, we must try it out, travelling by train...

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, rental revenue of RM13k is only if the property is fully paid, did you take into account the mortgage payments of freedom? Anyway I find JB almost as expensive as Singapore these days, yah sure the street food is cheaper after conversion from SGD to RM but they are usually pathetically smaller portions too.

There should be no dispute that My is much cheaper, if you have to spend SGDxxx in Sg compared to spending that in MY.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things are getting more expensive in Johor. Food is still OK only if you convert to Singapore dollars.
But everything else is starting to bite.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just took the Tebrau shuttle and found that it takes just half an hr to cross the causeway, customs checks and train ride included! Bypassing the 2 hr peak period jam sounds great!

Really tempted to semiretire there and work twice a week in Woodlands as a locum Dr...

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just took the Tebrau shuttle and found that it takes just half an hr to cross the causeway, customs checks and train ride included! Bypassing the 2 hr peak period jam sounds great!

Really tempted to semiretire there and work twice a week in Woodlands as a locum Dr...

Freedom, you're a doctor ar? :smile:

Wow, even you feel living in SG no longer attractive?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freedom, you're a doctor ar? :smile:

Wow, even you feel living in SG no longer attractive?

Yes, I am a locum GP....

Find living in Sg too overcrowded and need to work till old to sustain lifestyle so thought of semiretiring in JB...I am 40 years old now...just wanna work less and play more..:smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I am a locum GP....

Find living in Sg too overcrowded and need to work till old to sustain lifestyle so thought of semiretiring in JB...I am 40 years old now...just wanna work less and play more..:smile:

I think KL is a lot more better to work and to relax compared to Spore. Besides, property prices is not really that high compared unless you choose prime KLCC areas. If in Mont Kiara, it is about RM1000 psf and you can get decent units. JB is more for ppl who need to go back to Spore every day.