• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember last time PR can rent out HDB , now cannot . If those leggie KPKB again , they can easily change the law to something like Citizen can only rent out HDB after retirement age which currently stand at 65. I know this government too well liao , they cant see Sinkies having a easily life one .

They will make life difficult for the PRs, not the citizens. The recent policies of 5% ABSD for PR's 1st property, and disallowing PR to sublet out the entire flat is aimed at getting more PRs to convert to citizens, and I believe these policies have been quite effective in getting them to do so.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will make life difficult for the PRs, not the citizens. The recent policies of 5% ABSD for PR's 1st property, and disallowing PR to sublet out the entire flat is aimed at getting more PRs to convert to citizens, and I believe these policies have been quite effective in getting them to do so.

So that the new Singaporeans can be screwed alongside the indigenous Singaporeans. LOL!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

No this policy only create "citizens of convenience" whereby only one spouse converts to Singapore citizen to milk the system.

Government should just give low priority or reject married couples or families where only one member become citizens.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
As more people in their 50s get retrenched and with their paid up HDB and grown children, they can rent out their HDB and rent in Malaysia like Penang or if they want to be close to their kids, in JB....this message is often repeated by a poster in Salary.sg forum which is good as it gives hope to those retrenched....

As for myself, hubby 's job unstable again so really still trying to convince him to move to JB and let me semiretire at least...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
No this policy only create "citizens of convenience" whereby only one spouse converts to Singapore citizen to milk the system.

Government should just give low priority or reject married couples or families where only one member become citizens.
Fully agree. The government should wake up and allow PR status for only 10 years. This period is more than sufficient for them to integrate and get to assimilate with the locals. Thereafter, they (all PRs, regardless of which country) must make their decision to either convert to Singaporeans or have their PR status revoked and will no longer be able to work in Singapore in future. This will apply to both single and spousal statuses. Otherwise, they will just continue to milk the system indefinitely and have the best of both worlds should it become necessary to return to their country of origin in their retirement years, which many of them are doing so.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agree. The government should wake up and allow PR status for only 10 years. This period is more than sufficient for them to integrate and get to assimilate with the locals. Thereafter, they (all PRs, regardless of which country) must make their decision to either convert to Singaporeans or have their PR status revoked and will no longer be able to work in Singapore in future. This will apply to both single and spousal statuses. Otherwise, they will just continue to milk the system indefinitely and have the best of both worlds should it become necessary to return to their country of origin in their retirement years, which many of them are doing so.

All those working are contributing towards healthier economy and bigger tax base. Singapore needs to maintain a pool of young energetic workforce.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those working are contributing towards healthier economy and bigger tax base. Singapore needs to maintain a pool of young energetic workforce.
10 years is a fair duration for these people. By the end of it, they should be in their late 30s or early 40s and are no longer that young and resourceful anymore. Besides, the government still has to subsidize them in one way or another during their PR status. If they are still reluctant to convert to citizens, new blood can then be given a chance to come in to replace them.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
UK might lose a chunk of it's Financial Powerhouse. (Big Co & Wealthy funds).
They might choose relocate out of UK. Some might end up SG/KL.
Still too Early days to tell. Short term HUGE volatility.
Not a good time be in Shares now.
Sell in May & Go away.

:cool:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just started a blog on My journey towards financial freedom on Wordpress. You can find it by searching financialfreedom.live. Please support. Thanks.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just realised that a couple with Enhanced retirement sum in their CPF would nicely qualify rm10 k per month for MM2H. Think PAP want us to retire in Malaysia and is helping us.

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to bring my dog from Spore to JB. Can anybody advise the procedures involved. Has the dog got to be quarantined at JB side for a period of time? Thank you.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously considering my move to semiretire in JB now. Have emailed Austin Heights international school, hope still got vacancies and not too late to start school. Also contacted an agent for JB condo rental at rm1600 for 4 bedroom 2000 sq ft and called M1 to enquire about my contract too.
Also have viewer for selling my Sg terrace but also putting it up for rent as may not want to sell.
Hopefully, can work just 2 to 3 days a week with this arrangement and still have the same savings as working fulltime in Sg.
Only bugbear is the expensive Sg car which if I sell now, have to TOP up at least 20k.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you have quite made up your mind to move into JB!
4 bedrooms at RM1600, sounds like quite a good deal; less than S$600 pm! Renters market now?
Wondering how much is owner's mthly conservancy & maintenance charges?
I was paying RM442 pm for con & serv charges before I sold off my unit.
It's better to rent a new condo, less problems I guess.
If it is an old condo, you may like to make sure the water that comes out of the tap and water heater is not rusty before you sign the tenancy contract.

Seriously considering my move to semiretire in JB now. Have emailed Austin Heights international school, hope still got vacancies and not too late to start school. Also contacted an agent for JB condo rental at rm1600 for 4 bedroom 2000 sq ft and called M1 to enquire about my contract too.
Also have viewer for selling my Sg terrace but also putting it up for rent as may not want to sell.
Hopefully, can work just 2 to 3 days a week with this arrangement and still have the same savings as working fulltime in Sg.
Only bugbear is the expensive Sg car which if I sell now, have to TOP up at least 20k.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you have quite made up your mind to move into JB!
4 bedrooms at RM1600, sounds like quite a good deal; less than S$600 pm! Renters market now?
Wondering how much is owner's mthly conservancy & maintenance charges?
I was paying RM442 pm for con & serv charges before I sold off my unit.
It's better to rent a new condo, less problems I guess.
If it is an old condo, you may like to make sure the water that comes out of the tap and water heater is not rusty before you sign the tenancy contract.

Owner now asked for rm1750 as it is 6+6 tenancy since my semiD rented out will be available in May next year.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow congrats.... Yah, if you can do so now, you should. Singapore is too stressful... work and work.

My personal opinion is you should sell your SG terrace while you can, since you've already had it planned out. If you have read numerous reports, there is also oversupply of properties in Singapore for many years. Prices will continue to drop along the way. But just my advice. I may be wrong.

If you foresee going back to SG now and then, you definitely need a car to be parked in SG right? So you'll have 2 cars, one in SG, one in Johor.

I didn't know you can rent a Johor 4 bedroom condo, 2000 sq ft for only RM1600?!! That's dirt cheap! Do you mind sharing roughly which area this is? Thanks.