• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have try to rent out my mix development condo at West for past 9 months without any offer. Very close to MRT and below my condo are shops like NTUC , Old Town White Coffee , Toast Box , POSB , Guardian , Watson , etc.....

It is the asking rent.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received a call from my lawyer's office telling me that my State consent is approved!!! So happy!! After waiting for 9 long months...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.. But to be fair currently the level of supply is probably going to put downside pressure on property rentals for a while. Ppl who rent now will have more choices..
Just a question of supply and demand..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received a call from my lawyer's office telling me that my State consent is approved!!! So happy!! After waiting for 9 long months...

state consent = 9 months seem the norm for subsale house for foreigners. how about the bumi lot conversion issue? confirmed the house is converted to non bumi lot from now on?
rm4500 p/m rental is pretty good, better than kl landed houses rental yield

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
state consent = 9 months seem the norm for subsale house for foreigners. how about the bumi lot conversion issue? confirmed the house is converted to non bumi lot from now on?
rm4500 p/m rental is pretty good, better than kl landed houses rental yield

Was told need to produce bumi release letter if next time want to sell to foreigner...hopefully that is all...will confirm with lawyer again before payment of the rest of 90%...

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have try to rent out my mix development condo at West for past 9 months without any offer. Very close to MRT and below my condo are shops like NTUC , Old Town White Coffee , Toast Box , POSB , Guardian , Watson , etc.....

You have to understand the mkt is a bit soft now so I'm afraid you must lower your expectations for now.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was having cold feet about buying as had many fears suddenly but now I think I will go ahead and buy as can always retire there if cannot sell in future....also it offers hope of early retirement and also if my children needs money for overseas uni, I can sell my sg terrace and still have a decent place for us to stay albeit across the causeway...will go down this sat with my hubby to pay up the 90%. Pray that it should all go well and we will not get cheated of our money...

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freedom: wish you all the best! It's been a long journey since you shared abt it here and on sgcondo. Hope all goes well...

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is always a good feeling if we can have many choices in life! Make it happen!

Was having cold feet about buying as had many fears suddenly but now I think I will go ahead and buy as can always retire there if cannot sell in future....also it offers hope of early retirement and also if my children needs money for overseas uni, I can sell my sg terrace and still have a decent place for us to stay albeit across the causeway...will go down this sat with my hubby to pay up the 90%. Pray that it should all go well and we will not get cheated of our money...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, it sure needs courage to buy in jb but I know if I dun buy now , will never get the chance to again...and I have been keen to buy for so many years....so yeah, should just do it!

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have a nick "Mummy"?

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep, u guys in condosg too? What happened to it? Site down a few days...

Haha...no idea what happened in condosg... alot of nay sayers there... you will thought you are in deep problems if you try to ask for advise there for property purchases in Malaysia.. i gave up talking to them..

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Freedom,

I personally think it's a good time to invest in JB now. If Iskandar takes off in a big way with the ETP, properties will rise in value over time, although i think it will take many years for our profits to be realised. Am thinking perhaps 10 years or so? I do agree strongly that having a property in JB is a backup retirement plan, in case SG gets too expensive in 15-20 years down the road, we will still have a good place to live. SG will always be more ex given we import most items from overseas.

So, I can think of 2 scenarios:
1) JB properties do very well, ie. property value appreciate more than 2 times from now -> sell and take profit, continue living in SG
2) JB properties don't do well, ie. assume zero appreciation -> rent out SG property, move and retire in JB!

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Freedom,

I personally think it's a good time to invest in JB now. If Iskandar takes off in a big way with the ETP, properties will rise in value over time, although i think it will take many years for our profits to be realised. Am thinking perhaps 10 years or so? I do agree strongly that having a property in JB is a backup retirement plan, in case SG gets too expensive in 15-20 years down the road, we will still have a good place to live. SG will always be more ex given we import most items from overseas.

So, I can think of 2 scenarios:
1) JB properties do very well, ie. property value appreciate more than 2 times from now -> sell and take profit, continue living in SG
2) JB properties don't do well, ie. assume zero appreciation -> rent out SG property, move and retire in JB!

Same thought as you.