• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST readership falling, falling, falling...never mind what Fook Kwang boasted

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since Han Fook Kwang made that boast – “the test is if our readers believe in the paper and continue to buy it” – the Straits Times has fallen by about 60,000 (if you believe Han’s figure of 380,000 in 2010) or 45,000 (according to SPH’s annual reports figures).

ST currently has a readership of about 320,000.

We hope it will fall to under 300,000 soon – and continue its slide down the gutter.

- http://blogging4myself.blogspot.sg/2014/01/parliament-on-riot-glaring-omission.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If your readership is good, there is no need to constantly boast about it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it is no secret that SPH is entering into other businesses e.g. real estate. You need to diversify when your traditional business is faltering. :wink:

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I admit I bought one last Saturday, but did not read it as it was kept for lining my dog's cage as he poos a lot. When that runs out I probably will buy more of the Saturday papers as it is value for money.:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I admit I bought one last Saturday, but did not read it as it was kept for lining my dog's cage as he poos a lot. When that runs out I probably will buy more of the Saturday papers as it is value for money.:biggrin:

The Saturday paper is great value for money for $1, it is so thick, where 99% of it goes straight as reserve for the dog's poo & the balance too! :biggrin:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It must be the only newspaper whose circulation declines even as the English-speaking population expands, with a significant proportion in the upper end of social strata. Truth be told, it is no more than an external newsletter for a political party. And it is a monopoly!

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Saturday paper is great value for money for $1, it is so thick, where 99% of it goes straight as reserve for the dog's poo & the balance too! :biggrin:

The paper will be even more effective for dogs or cats or birds to shit on when that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY face is printed on it.
Arseloon pictures second best.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP will be more alarmed than the donkeys at SPH because their propaganda machine will then be useless. They will never let it fail by deploying the cock-teaser test. This is done by teasing the readership back by pretending to ease back on censorship and publish more dissenting views and giving more space to the Opposition. Then when the revenue is healthy again, they will revert to the old habits, and all over again.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The population is ever increasing and yet the shit times readership has dropped quite significantly. More and more people realise what a useless and shit paper it is.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have free newspaper what??
Others even said that free also dont want because dirty their table/floor.
I never buy newspaper. Only get free for cleaning mirror/glass/put on table when eating/clean dog poo...................