• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have S'poreans forgotten about Mas Selamat?

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,192007,00.html?

By Andre Yeo

February 07, 2009

'NO MAS, no mas.' That's Spanish for 'no more', a phrase made infamous by Puerto Rican boxing contender Roberto Duran when he threw in the towel midway in a title bout against Sugar Ray Leonard.

No Mas, in the Singapore context, is a concern by Dr Teo Ho Pin that Singaporeans may no longer have fugitive terrorist Mas Selamat Kastari on their minds.

Mas Selamat is the man who planned to crash a plane into Changi Airport in 2001, and who sparked a nation-wide manhunt when he escaped from the Whitley Road Detention Centre (WRDC) on 27 Feb last year.

No Mas? Yes, his posters, once peppered all over Singapore, seems to be no more.

We seem to have stopped talking about him, said Dr Teo, MP for Bukit Panjang, and Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Law and Home Affairs.

He added that despite the manhunt, and the offer of a $1million reward, his whereabouts are still unknown.

'I noticed that many Singaporeans have simply forgotten about Mas Selamat, and our community engagement of the public with regard to terrorism seems to have slackened.

'For instance, many posters of Mas Selamat were taken down from notice boards and public areas. No one seems to be paying attention to the search for Mas Selamat.

Worrying sign

'It is indeed a worrying sign as we may be facing an increased terrorism threat after his escape.'

Is he spot-on? Yes, if you go by the reaction from Singaporeans interviewed by The New Paper.

Office administrator, Mr Rajgopal, 47, said he had seen two posters at a Singapore Pools outlet in Toa Payoh Lorong 1 but noticed someone had taken them down last December.

'I think they (the police) can't find him so there is no point putting the posters up.'

Retiree, Mr Chow Kai Seng, 66, wasn't even aware the posters had been removed.

He said: 'Previously, I saw the posters here but I didn't notice that they took them down until you told me. I think it was too long ago so they took it down.

'It's important that the posters remain there butit is also very difficult to find him even if the posters are up.'

Salesman Desmond Lee, 35, felt the posters should remain: 'Since the guy is on the run, the posters should be there. This area is very crowded so it is good to remind people to be alert.'

Would the posters help?

Replying to Dr Teo in Parliament yesterday, Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng said there is currently no credible information on Mas Selamat's whereabouts.

But he stressed that the authorities had not slackened in their search for him.

'Whether Mas Selamat is in Singapore or he has fled our country,' said Mr Wong, 'we will hunt him down as we did before.'

Additional reporting by Tan Su Vien, newsroom intern

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal

'I noticed that many Singaporeans have simply forgotten about Mas Selamat, and our community engagement of the public with regard to terrorism seems to have slackened.

'For instance, many posters of Mas Selamat were taken down from notice boards and public areas. No one seems to be paying attention to the search for Mas Selamat.

Worrying sign

Nothing surprising, 66.6% of Sinkaporeans have forgotten how they were non-stop screwed every 5 years, so what's the big deal about MSK? And i thought some Wise Guy say he is not dangerous?

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal

By Andre Yeo

February 07, 2009

'NO MAS, no mas.' That's Spanish for 'no more', a phrase made infamous by Puerto Rican boxing contender Roberto Duran when he threw in the towel midway in a title bout against Sugar Ray Leonard.

No Mas, in the Singapore context, is a concern by Dr Teo Ho Pin that Singaporeans may no longer have fugitive terrorist Mas Selamat Kastari on their minds.

Mas Selamat is the man who planned to crash a plane into Changi Airport in 2001, and who sparked a nation-wide manhunt when he escaped from the Whitley Road Detention Centre (WRDC) on 27 Feb last year.

No Mas? Yes, his posters, once peppered all over Singapore, seems to be no more.

We seem to have stopped talking about him, said Dr Teo, MP for Bukit Panjang, and Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Law and Home Affairs.

He added that despite the manhunt, and the offer of a $1million reward, his whereabouts are still unknown.

Worrying sign

'It is indeed a worrying sign as we may be facing an increased terrorism threat after his escape.'

Is he spot-on? Yes, if you go by the reaction from Singaporeans interviewed by The New Paper.

Office administrator, Mr Rajgopal, 47, said he had seen two posters at a Singapore Pools outlet in Toa Payoh Lorong 1 but noticed someone had taken them down last December.

'I think they (the police) can't find him so there is no point putting the posters up.'

Retiree, Mr Chow Kai Seng, 66, wasn't even aware the posters had been removed.

He said: 'Previously, I saw the posters here but I didn't notice that they took them down until you told me. I think it was too long ago so they took it down.

'It's important that the posters remain there butit is also very difficult to find him even if the posters are up.'

Salesman Desmond Lee, 35, felt the posters should remain: 'Since the guy is on the run, the posters should be there. This area is very crowded so it is good to remind people to be alert.'

Would the posters help?

Replying to Dr Teo in Parliament yesterday, Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng said there is currently no credible information on Mas Selamat's whereabouts.

But he stressed that the authorities had not slackened in their search for him.

'Whether Mas Selamat is in Singapore or he has fled our country,' said Mr Wong, 'we will hunt him down as we did before.'

Additional reporting by Tan Su Vien, newsroom intern

This guy seems to be bringing up bad memories of something WKS, pappies and the poodles wished to forget. Somemore he made WKS admit that there is no credible infromation of MSK at all.

And this report shows that people have no confident with the poodles, and I believe most people will think that it will be a miracle for MSK to be caught.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Whether Mas Selamat is in Singapore or he has fled our country,' said Mr Wong, 'we will hunt him down as we did before

hunt him down? i am afraid Mas Selamat is no longer around.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, people remembered Mee Siam Mai Hum better :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I leave the searchink of MSK to the authorities. My personal search is for Mee Siam Mai Hum. I have never found a stall that sells this. In fact I was scolded and abused when I asked for this.

Can anyone recommend a stall which sells good quality Mee Siam Mai Hum? What is the cost for a plate? How many hum they have in the Mee Siam:confused:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the people continue to talk about Mas Selamat, the PAP will have nothing to be happy about. They should be thanking their lucky stars.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I leave the searchink of MSK to the authorities. My personal search is for Mee Siam Mai Hum. I have never found a stall that sells this. In fact I was scolded and abused when I asked for this.

Can anyone recommend a stall which sells good quality Mee Siam Mai Hum? What is the cost for a plate? How many hum they have in the Mee Siam:confused:

Mee Siam Mai Hum is everywhere. You should be referring to Mee Siam Wu Hum. Now, that is something I cannot find. Can you?

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where got Mee Sian with Hum?????
Mee Sian usually come with an egg and some small slices of tau-pok, with lime. Where got hum??????????????

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Where got Mee Sian with Hum?????
Mee Sian usually come with an egg and some small slices of tau-pok, with lime. Where got hum??????????????

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4xrmNEp-Mo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4xrmNEp-Mo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, almost a year and still nothing. You see, the two-day delay in releasing Mas Selamat's exterior appearance was what led to the final escape of Selamat to overseas shore. The moment one steps onto a boat bound for Riau in between the two days of delay, I suspect, and the guy is lost forever.

The fact that WKS decided to send in the men into the jungle- whatever left we have left- was pretty much a wayang operation. I very much suspected we would find nothing but illegal workers there, but no Selamat.

What took WKS 10 months to realise that Selamat was probably overseas publicly only took me 2 days after the escape to figure it out.