• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Preparation for Haze days II

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I can see and smell the haze (14 Sep 2014)

PAP can spend your CPF money to stop rain on NDP day but no money to buy chemicals to bring rain?

When haze is here profits for TH and GDP growth for Singapore? Don't complain.

Sorry bro, rain can be stop? :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every year got haze shorten your life how to live pass 65 to smell your CPF?

Close all the room windows and doors or else you will purify the whole surrounding area and a high cost to yourself.

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry bro, rain can be stop? :biggrin:

One fucktard teekii claimed Rony Tan can stop the rain. :rolleyes: http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?186647-He-can-command-impending-rain-to-be-held-back

Rony_Tan_Christian_Pastor_mocks_buddhism_taoism.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've got a Honeywell unit which uses a HEPA filter.

If you want to get a gimicky unit like the one shown in the video can get it from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Surround-Air-...&qid=1410684220&sr=8-25&keywords=air+purifier

gimmicky?my video has 1.1 million hits.....it is a brand new technology from japan that is set to take the world by storm.....

ur honeywell is a crappy designed product with only HEPA and prefilter......alive air has HEPA,ion filter,titanium dioxide filter,ultraviolet filter,anti static filter,carbon filter,prefilter

[video=youtube;TWTU2sac0JU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTU2sac0JU[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

gimmicky?my video has 1.1 million hits.....it is a brand new technology from japan that is set to take the world by storm.....

ur honeywell is a crappy designed product with only HEPA and prefilter......alive air has HEPA,ion filter,titanium dioxide filter,ultraviolet filter,anti static filter,carbon filter,prefilter

[video=youtube;TWTU2sac0JU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTU2sac0JU[/video]

Honeywell has an activated carbon made with Zeolite/Volcanic Rock pre-filter. It extends the life of the expensive TRUE HEPA filter. The pre-filter can be vacumed cleaned to extend the life of the HEPA filter. The HEPA filter is really what you really want in an air purifier. The Honeywell HEPA can last years & not months like some air purifiers.

It is cheaper than the Blue Air. The Blue Air was actually my 1st choice because it is made of metal & is quieter than the Honeywell, but the replacement filters are more expensive. The biggest con with the Honeywell is that it is noisy. The Honeywell has a CADR rating of 250. http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-502...catcorr&keywords=honeywell+air+purifier+50250

Newer products from Japan, Korea have all those extras which I call gimmicks & if you think they add to the product value then by all means consider getting them. However I have my doubts if they will have replacement filters years down the road.

So for me what is more important is the cost & availability of replacement filters, low maintenace,...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Australia air is fine. I love Australia.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Honeywell has an activated carbon made with Zeolite/Volcanic Rock pre-filter. It extends the life of the expensive TRUE HEPA filter. The pre-filter can be vacumed cleaned to extend the life of the HEPA filter. The HEPA filter is really what you really want in an air purifier. The Honeywell HEPA can last years & not months like some air purifiers.

It is cheaper than the Blue Air. The Blue Air was actually my 1st choice because it is made of metal & is quieter than the Honeywell, but the replacement filters are more expensive. The biggest con with the Honeywell is that it is noisy. The Honeywell has a CADR rating of 250. http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-50250-S-99-97%25-Round-Purifier/dp/B00007E7RY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1410694322&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=honeywell+air+purifier+50250

Newer products from Japan, Korea have all those extras which I call gimmicks & if you think they add to the product value then by all means consider getting them. However I have my doubts if they will have replacement filters years down the road.

So for me what is more important is the cost & availability of replacement filters, low maintenace,...

How much is the Honeywell unit? And who sells it in Singapore?

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air quality hits 'unhealthy' range as PSI hits 113

[h=2]Air quality in Singapore moved into the "unhealthy" range at 1am on Monday, with the Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) three-hour reading hitting 113 at 6am.[/h]
haze-20-june.jpg
Office workers walk through a haze blanketing the central business district in Singapore on June 20, 2013. Air quality in Singapore moved into the "unhealthy" range on Sep 15, 2014, with the PSI three-hour reading hitting 113 at 6am. (AP/File)

SINGAPORE: Air quality in Singapore moved into the "unhealthy" range on Monday (Sep 15), with the Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) three-hour reading hitting 113 at 6am. As of 7am, the three-hour reading was 111.
24h-psi-15-sep-data.png

The 24-hour PSI reading as of 7am on Sep 15.
The three-hour PSI reading was 64 at 6pm on Sunday and it climbed to 74 at 9pm Sunday. It has since remained past the 100 mark this morning.
psi-15sep-7am-data.png

The 3-hour PSI reading as of 7am on Sep 15.
A PSI reading of 0-50 is considered "good", 51-100 is classified as "moderate", while 101-200 is in the "unhealthy" band.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) has advised healthy people to reduce prolonged or strenuous outdoor physical exertion when the PSI is in the "unhealthy" range. The elderly, pregnant women and children should minimise such activities, which should also be avoided by people with chronic lung disease or heart disease, NEA said on its website.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Air quality hits 'unhealthy' range as PSI hits 113

look at the bright side, TH is making profit and help GDP growth, cannot complain.

Who did you vote for?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

should have accorded the order of tumbok-sick to mudhathir instead of youdonno, as the haze started to flow in on the day he left sinkieland - and now this payback......at least the m&d could've been the barking dog on sinkie's behalf :cool:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

why sinkies still using the outdated PSI reading..

now people go for AQI 2.5 which is a more accurate representation.

well, that's sinkie for you.

at the moment, sinkieland is all above 100 now..enjoy the haze..