• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Preparation for Haze days II

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Fuck this cheebye haze. Time to migrate away from this 3rd world shit hole!!!!!!!

First World Air

Third World Air

BeamMeUpScotty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I can see and smell the haze (14 Sep 2014)

Singapore air pollution soars due to Indonesian forest fires

PUBLISHED : Monday, 15 September, 2014, 12:58pm
UPDATED : Monday, 15 September, 2014, 1:00pm

Agence France-Presse in Singapore

smog.jpg

Singapore's financial district was covered in smog on Monday. Photo: AFP

Air pollution in Singapore rose to unhealthy levels on Monday, blanketing the city-state’s skyline with clouds of smog from fires raging across giant rainforests in the neighbouring Indonesian island of Sumatra, officials said.

Singapore’s National Environment Agency said the pollutant standards index (PSI) reached a high of 111 at 7am before easing to 80 a few hours later.

A reading between 101 and 200 is considered “unhealthy”, with people with existing heart or respiratory ailments advised to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activity.

Singapore and neighbouring Malaysia are smothered annually in varying degrees by smog from forest fires in Indonesia during the summer months from June to September.

Last year’s smog was the worst since 1997-1998, when the smoke caused an estimated US$9 billion in losses in economic activity across Southeast Asia.

The NEA said in a statement that the current smog is “most likely due to the hotspots (forest fires) in South Sumatra detected over the past three to four days”.

“Given the continued dry weather in southern Sumatra, we can expect the hotspots to persist and the 24-hour PSI for Singapore to fluctuate between the high-end of the moderate range and the low-end of the unhealthy range for the rest of the day.”

White smog shrouded the city-state’s skyline, with smoke wafting into the business district.

But the smog was thickest in the western part of Singapore, which is nearest to Sumatra, where residents said they could smell a light acrid smell of burning foliage.

In an annual occurrence, westerly monsoon winds blow smoke from the fires caused by slash-and-burn land-clearing by individuals and plantations on Sumatra, which lies across the Malacca Strait.

Last year, the PSI hit record levels in Singapore and Malaysia forcing people to wear face masks and stay indoors and prompting Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to apologise to both neighbours.

Singapore last month passed a bill that gives the government powers to fine companies that cause or contribute to the annual smog up to S$2 million (HK$12.27 million), regardless of whether they have offices in the city-state.

While the new law is designed to target companies both based in Singapore and outside, observers have said enforcement will be difficult.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Fuck this cheebye haze. Time to migrate away from this 3rd world shit hole!!!!!!!

F1 haven't come, haze come already. This is a fake undeveloped 1st world nation, only a fake country like this has to deal with the shit from the neighbouring 3rd world nations.

Sorry PAP, I have to migrate from your shithole because stay here too long will get lung cancer and mati very fast.

you are welcomed to visit my angmo country, fresh clean air everyday! i thank Jesus for that!

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Every year its the same problem and every year the gahment cant do anything.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

first time i hear u say something smart!!congrats!!fuck the incompetent sinkie shit LHL indeed!!

I have ways been smart in my posts. It is just that this is the first time you are using your brain to understand what I am writing.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

who did you vote for?

危机 again?

Bad for your health good for the coffin makers, doctors and hospitals.

Go into the right trade, come haze see your business double.

F1 haven't come, haze come already. This is a fake undeveloped 1st world nation, only a fake country like this has to deal with the shit from the neighbouring 3rd world nations.

Sorry PAP, I have to migrate from your shithole because stay here too long will get lung cancer and mati very fast.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The sinkie NEA still stall the readings.. Why? No balls to chrun out the unhealthy level readings?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

$12 billion annual defence budget and the PAP shits can't defend its own citizens from being poisoned by pollution coming in from a neighbouring country. All the fires are caused by villagers paid by the big MNC plantation owners to clear the land so they can grow more oil palm estates and other crops. If the PAP got balls, they should juts cluster bomb the villagers. After wiping out a few villages, no one will start fires anymore. Than send a few JDAMS into the Head office of these plantations. But of course, this is the balless PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hate the haze? Serves you right for voting PAP. Song bo? :wink:

Plenty of interesting stuff regarding the company Wilmar and its links with the SG regime.

Former PAP MP, Leong Horn Kee (who is currently Singapore's non-resident Ambassador to Mexico) is a Director of Wilmar International.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?154718-Former-PAP-MP-linked-to-haze

God forbid you let the tropical rainforest in Sumatra remain untouched in all their natural unspoilt beauty... you have to invest in the land, turn it into oil palm plantations, and produce biodiesel so your agriculture stocks gain value. This is definitely a Sinkie mercenary trait - hoarding money for the sake of hoarding money, consequences be damned.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Pass simi lancheow bills to fine companies that cause forest fires. Got any company fined so far or not?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PAP govt better give more Pioneer Package... lots of pioneers are going to have respiratory problems.

Oh, and remember to give some N95 masks too. :wink:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Air Pollution from Indonesia. Ok PAP, we get it. Its money making time for you

People need to stop calling this shit haze. Its not haze. Its smog or air pollution. Despite all the wayang about introducing laws to punish and fine companies that are contributing to the smog, not one single company has be brought to court. This air pollution is hazardous to the very young and the very old, and those people with asthma and other respiratory problems. It brings them to the hospital emergency for the treatment and medications. herein lies the benefit to the PAP. Every dollar you have to spend in the hospital is money in the PAP's pocket. I am not sure that any insurance plans will cover a pre-existing asthma condition, so must pay out of pocket. Hospitals make more money from smog inhalation, than more money flows to Temasek Holdings. In the longer term, continued exposure to this smog will lead to respiratory complications later in life, and yet more visits to hospitals and doctors and yet more money in the PAP pockets. Now you know why there is so much smoke and mirrors and very little action undertaken by the PAP to eradicate this issue. If one country deliberately poisons the citizens of a neighbouring country with toxins in the air, it is a cause for war. With a $12 billion annual defence budget, what has the PAP done? Nothing. All this is just another money making opportunity for them. I wonder if a GLC is the major importer of air purifiers into sinkieland too.

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PAP govt better give more Pioneer Package... lots of pioneers are going to have respiratory problems.

Oh, and remember to give some N95 masks too. :wink:

Undertaking businesses on standby.