• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex China Aviation Oil CEO Witnesses Abuse of Inmates in SG Prison

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) has responded to the allegations made by disgraced former chief executive officer of China Aviation Oil Chen Jiulin.

In a recent interview with Hong Kong's Phoenix TV, Mr Chen spoke about the alleged mistreatment of inmates in Singapore's prisons.

Mr Chen, a Chinese national, was sentenced by a Singapore court in 2006 to four years and three months in jail and fined S$335,000 for his part in one of Singapore's biggest corporate scandals which led to China Aviation Oil's loss of US$550 million.

In response to the interview on Phoenix TV, Singapore's Consul-General in Hong Kong Jacky Foo said Mr Chen's allegations about the Singapore Prison Service were "entirely false, and without basis."

He added that the Singapore Prison Service is committed to ensuring the safe custody of inmates and security in the prisons, and that Justices of the Peace from the Board of Visiting Justices - who are respected community leaders - visit the prisons monthly to ensure the care and well-being of inmates is satisfactory.

Chin Harn Tong, member of the Board of Visiting Justices and the Board of Inspection, said: "It was a few years ago that I visited Changi Prison, and I met Chen Jiulin, and asked him whether he has any complaints, or any comments or suggestions.

“He told me that he had nothing (of the sort), and I also asked him about the life there, and he said everything was okay. But he told me he will be released from (prison) soon and (he) would be going back to China. And I wished him well and also all the best to him.

“And I've never heard of any complaints or any other views from him. But instead, I saw in the press a report that he has mentioned some of the inmates became victims in the Changi Prison.

“I'm very surprised to hear all this. How is it that when I met him, he had not mentioned this, and a few years later he raised the same issue again?"

In his letter, Singapore's Consul-General in Hong Kong Jacky Foo added that Phoenix TV should not have publicised and perpetuated falsehoods without establishing the facts with the relevant authority.

In response to media queries, the Singapore Prison Service also said that the regime of incarceration is strict, with a strong emphasis on discipline, and fair and equal treatment for all inmates.

It added: "Mr Chen Jiulin's allegations are without basis and he did not raise any such concerns during his period of imprisonment. He has served his sentence for his conviction and since returned to China. We wish him well.”

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mfa-responds-to/945904.html

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How stupid can Chin Harn Tong be? This $68 million man (yes, that is how much he has and is going to leech off us just because he is a scholar) doesn't even know that inmates will not want to make their stay in prison miserable by filing complaints.

Sadly, many sinkees will just believe the official statements.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will never snitch on my "bros" unless the authorities threaten me with excessive interrogation techniques.i suggest using the water board treatment next time.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) has responded to the allegations made by disgraced former chief executive officer of China Aviation Oil Chen Jiulin.

In a recent interview with Hong Kong's Phoenix TV, Mr Chen spoke about the alleged mistreatment of inmates in Singapore's prisons.

Mr Chen, a Chinese national, was sentenced by a Singapore court in 2006 to four years and three months in jail and fined S$335,000 for his part in one of Singapore's biggest corporate scandals which led to China Aviation Oil's loss of US$550 million.

In response to the interview on Phoenix TV, Singapore's Consul-General in Hong Kong Jacky Foo said Mr Chen's allegations about the Singapore Prison Service were "entirely false, and without basis."

He added that the Singapore Prison Service is committed to ensuring the safe custody of inmates and security in the prisons, and that Justices of the Peace from the Board of Visiting Justices - who are respected community leaders - visit the prisons monthly to ensure the care and well-being of inmates is satisfactory.

Chin Harn Tong, member of the Board of Visiting Justices and the Board of Inspection, said: "It was a few years ago that I visited Changi Prison, and I met Chen Jiulin, and asked him whether he has any complaints, or any comments or suggestions.

“He told me that he had nothing (of the sort), and I also asked him about the life there, and he said everything was okay. But he told me he will be released from (prison) soon and (he) would be going back to China. And I wished him well and also all the best to him.

“And I've never heard of any complaints or any other views from him. But instead, I saw in the press a report that he has mentioned some of the inmates became victims in the Changi Prison.

“I'm very surprised to hear all this. How is it that when I met him, he had not mentioned this, and a few years later he raised the same issue again?"

In his letter, Singapore's Consul-General in Hong Kong Jacky Foo added that Phoenix TV should not have publicised and perpetuated falsehoods without establishing the facts with the relevant authority.

In response to media queries, the Singapore Prison Service also said that the regime of incarceration is strict, with a strong emphasis on discipline, and fair and equal treatment for all inmates.

It added: "Mr Chen Jiulin's allegations are without basis and he did not raise any such concerns during his period of imprisonment. He has served his sentence for his conviction and since returned to China. We wish him well.”

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mfa-responds-to/945904.html

Noticed something strange with the above article? There's no mention of what Mr. Chen actually said the entire article is about defending the prison. WTF? Really professional reporting.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Media controlled by govt perpetuating falsehood and untruth.

Recent convicted prison officer causing death indian inmate ring no bell?
Disgraced Whitest MIW ex.speaker of parliament, two timer, Michael Palmer.