• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RIP - Auckland Cyclist

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
printLogo.png

Cyclist killed in central Auckland crash

By Matthew Theunissen

6:53 PM Tuesday Jan 7, 2014

SCCZEN_070114NZHRGRCRASH03_220x147.jpg

The scene of a fatal accident. Photo / Richard Robinson

Do you know more? Contact the Herald here.

A truck driver did not know a cyclist had gone under the wheels of his truck until he was alerted by other motorists some 70 metres away, police say.

The cyclist died at the scene, on the busy corner of Parnell Rise and The Strand in central Auckland.

Inspector Cornelius Klussein said the cyclist had been riding down Parnell Rise and was turning onto The Strand when the crash occurred.
He said the truck driver, who had been travelling straight on The Strand, did not know the cyclist had gone under his wheels until alerted by the sound of tooting horns from other vehicles.

This afternoon the truck could be seen some 70m from where the body was lying on the road concealed by a white sheet at the busy intersection.
St John ambulance spokesman Norm Ngatai confirmed a person aged around 30 had died at the scene.

"About 2.15pm a call came from the public of a truck versus a cyclist, on Parnell Rise near Stanley St.

"On ambulance arrival the patient was in critical condition, and shortly after ... was declared deceased on scene,'' he said.

Detours were in place but congestion was heavy, the New Zealand Transport Agency said.

Drivers were advised to avoid the area until emergency services had cleared the scene.

By Matthew Theunissen

Copyright ©2014, APN Holdings NZ Limited

kohpc

Alfrescian
Loyal
A similar thing happened to a student girl in London some months back, except that she was a pedestrian and it was in the wee hours of the morning.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If the same thing happens to me during my bike ride tomorrow, what will happen to this forum???!!!! :eek:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the same thing happens to me during my bike ride tomorrow, what will happen to this forum???!!!! :eek:

Give me your password! The volume of traffic here will definitely increase tremendously under my care!
This will be the place where all the Oppos congregate! 39.9%! Huat Ah!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Give me your password! The volume of traffic here will definitely increase tremendously under my care!
This will be the place where all the Oppos congregate! 39.9%! Huat Ah!

You would not want it to increase. Hosting already costs a bomb and more traffic would require additional hosting capacity.

If you took over, you'd soon realise it does nothing but bleed your bank account. You'd shut it down within a month.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You would not want it to increase. Hosting already costs a bomb and more traffic would require additional hosting capacity.

If you took over, you'd soon realise it does nothing but bleed your bank account. You'd shut it down within a month.

I never say i m going to take over the bills. Money comes from your estate. :p

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It would be a sad day for the forum but people will just emigrate to other fora. But I'd be very sorry for your family and I'd certainly wish that you rested in peace.

Be careful.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah!

You want to live forever?

Try wearing that manchurian outfit smear of shit on sole of shoe is wearing as he thinks that he live for ever with that.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Wah!

You want to live forever?

Try wearing that manchurian outfit smear of shit on sole of shoe is wearing as he thinks that he live for ever with that.

I've been dressing that way for the last 10 years and the outfit has kept me fit and healthy.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists are pests :biggrin:

Some would say they are parasites. They want to use roads built for other vehicles whose owners have to pay taxes. There is often this argument that cyclists may be drivers too and would have already paid taxes. But the thing is that the amount paid only covers the usage of the roads by motor vehicles. If cyclists, regardless whether they are vehicle owners or not, wish to use the roads safely (possibly with additional safety features being built), they need to cough up an additional payment for that. Otherwise, it is not fair for other vehicle owners who are not cyclists to have to share the roads with them. Of course, when there comes a day when everyone is a cyclist at some time, just like everyone is a pedestrian, then the features should be built using public funds.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's OK we'll invite the PAP in .