• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EDMW forum thread reaches 63 pages - "Project 2016: Vote out Lee Hsien Loong"

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kid riding pillion without helmet: Police requests for anyone with info to come forward
Posted on 14 October 2014 | 438 views | 1 comments
<iframe name="f7d216001ce174" width="90" height="1000" title="fb:like Facebook Social Plugin" src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=like&app_id=&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2FKFZn1BJ0LYk.js%3Fversion%3D41%23cb%3Df2087b1c15d15b6%26domain%3Dsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%252Ff31f834315f05e4%26relation%3Dparent.parent&font=arial&href=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fthis-urban-jungle%2Fkid-riding-pillion-without-helmet-police-requests-for-anyone-with-info-to-come&layout=button_count&locale=en_GB&ref=.VD1MpTRD5EU.like&sdk=joey&send=false&show_faces=false&width=90" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" style="border: currentcolor; width: 77px; height: 20px; visibility: visible; border-image-source: none;"></iframe>
<iframe title="Twitter Tweet Button" class="twitter-share-button twitter-tweet-button twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" id="twitter-widget-0" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.2df3b13213b70e6d91180bf64c17db20.en.html#_=1413303461983&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fthis-urban-jungle%2Fkid-riding-pillion-without-helmet-police-requests-for-anyone-with-info-to-come&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fthis-urban-jungle%2Fkid-riding-pillion-without-helmet-police-requests-for-anyone-with-info-to-come&size=m&text=Kid%20riding%20pillion%20without%20helmet%3A%20Police%20requests%20for%20anyone%20with%20info%20to%20come%20forward%20-%20Singapore%20Seen&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fthis-urban-jungle%2Fkid-riding-pillion-without-helmet-police-requests-for-anyone-with-info-to-come%23.VD1MpePDG3I.twitter&via=Stompsingapore" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="width: 107px; height: 20px;"></iframe>More Sharing Services

dad.jpg

The Singapore Police Force (SPF) has requested for anyone with information regarding the motorist who allowed his child to ride pillion in front of him without a helmet to come forward.
According to Stomper Iddy, the toddler was riding pillion in the front seat of a motorcycle without a helmet, at Bukit Batok East Avenue 5.
The Stomper said that he had pointed out how dangerous this was. However, he was blatantly ignored by the child's father.
Here is the police statement in full:
"The Police would like to request for the person who had witnessed and uploaded the video to come forward to report the traffic violation online via the ‘E-FEEDBACK ON ROAD USERS’ portal on SPF’s website at http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/index.html so that Traffic Police can look into the matter.
"Alternatively, he/she can lodge a police report at any Neighbourhood Police Centre (NPC) or Neighbourhood Police Post (NPP).”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Lee Hsien Loong:

[video=youtube;YhkNLHictW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8[/video]

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

EXPOSED: MND AMENDED ITS WEBSITE AT THE LAST MINUTE TO MAKE WP LOOK BAD
Post date: 26 Nov 2014 - 4:21pm

Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol%20East%20Town%20Council%20Channel%20NewsAsia%201_0.jpg

[photo credit: Channel NewsAsia]

A netizen has exposed the claims by the Ministry of National Development (MND) that the service and conservancy charges (S&CC) operating grant is allocated to all Town Councils (TCs) based on the number of HDB flat units and the flat types.

MND said that the "grant formula has been in place since 1999, and is applied consistently to all TCs.

"S&CC grants are not based on the number of voters, nor does it apply to private property residents. TCs will receive more grants if they have more and smaller HDB flat types."

MND said this on November 20.

However, it was discovered by a netizen that prior to November 20, this information was never publicly known.

rpjEN3V.jpg

Information on website prior to change on November 19

In fact, it was on November 19 that MND amended the Town Councils website and inserted the new information on its website.

The new information that was inserted on the website reads: "The annual operating grant, also known as S&CC grant, is allocated to Town Councils based on the number of HDB flat units and the flat types. Smaller flat types get higher grants. The grant enables TCs to subsidise the S&CC for residents living in 4-room and smaller flats, with more being allocated for 1-room ($33.70 per month), 2-room ($26.20 per month) and 3-room ($17.00 per month) households. The grant for each 4-room household is $9 per month."

IssOV36.jpg

Information on website after insertion on November 19

This later became part of the reply that MND sent out to the media.

However, as many have pointed out, this information is inconsistent with the actual grants given out.

In 2011, when the Aljunied GRC was still under the control of PAP, the government gave the town council a grant of $26.7 million.

But after the PAP lost Aljunied to the Worker's Party, the government reduced the grants for the WP dramatically - it went down all the way to $7.3 million in 2012 and 2013.

Since then, many more discrepancies and inconsistencies about the funds that the government gives to the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) have been exposed by netizens.

This has led some Singaporeans to ask if the new grant allocation claim by the MND was really in place or if it was newly created on November 19.

Last week, Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee accused the WP of “serious financial mismanagement” and said that the WP needed to respond.

Mr Lee also said that "The key issue is accountability and transparency" and that the WP has to "come clean".

But the latest developments show that it might be the PAP-run government which has to come clean instead.

It looks like the PAP has taken to "fixing" the WP to a whole new level.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Source: The Real Singapore

EXPOSED: MND AMENDED ITS WEBSITE AT THE LAST MINUTE TO MAKE WP LOOK BAD
Post date: 26 Nov 2014 - 4:21pm

Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol%20East%20Town%20Council%20Channel%20NewsAsia%201_0.jpg

[photo credit: Channel NewsAsia]

A netizen has exposed the claims by the Ministry of National Development (MND) that the service and conservancy charges (S&CC) operating grant is allocated to all Town Councils (TCs) based on the number of HDB flat units and the flat types.

MND said that the "grant formula has been in place since 1999, and is applied consistently to all TCs.

"S&CC grants are not based on the number of voters, nor does it apply to private property residents. TCs will receive more grants if they have more and smaller HDB flat types."

MND said this on November 20.

However, it was discovered by a netizen that prior to November 20, this information was never publicly known.

rpjEN3V.jpg

Information on website prior to change on November 19

In fact, it was on November 19 that MND amended the Town Councils website and inserted the new information on its website.

The new information that was inserted on the website reads: "The annual operating grant, also known as S&CC grant, is allocated to Town Councils based on the number of HDB flat units and the flat types. Smaller flat types get higher grants. The grant enables TCs to subsidise the S&CC for residents living in 4-room and smaller flats, with more being allocated for 1-room ($33.70 per month), 2-room ($26.20 per month) and 3-room ($17.00 per month) households. The grant for each 4-room household is $9 per month."

IssOV36.jpg

Information on website after insertion on November 19

This later became part of the reply that MND sent out to the media.

However, as many have pointed out, this information is inconsistent with the actual grants given out.

In 2011, when the Aljunied GRC was still under the control of PAP, the government gave the town council a grant of $26.7 million.

But after the PAP lost Aljunied to the Worker's Party, the government reduced the grants for the WP dramatically - it went down all the way to $7.3 million in 2012 and 2013.

Since then, many more discrepancies and inconsistencies about the funds that the government gives to the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) have been exposed by netizens.

This has led some Singaporeans to ask if the new grant allocation claim by the MND was really in place or if it was newly created on November 19.

Last week, Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee accused the WP of “serious financial mismanagement” and said that the WP needed to respond.

Mr Lee also said that "The key issue is accountability and transparency" and that the WP has to "come clean".

But the latest developments show that it might be the PAP-run government which has to come clean instead.

It looks like the PAP has taken to "fixing" the WP to a whole new level.

Very strange indeed why grant amount can drop so much from year to year.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S'POREAN PMET DISMISSED BY FILIPINO SUPERIOR AND HAS TO LEAVE WITHIN HALF AN HOUR

Post date:
9 Dec 2014 - 6:33pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentcolor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; border-image-source: none; background-color: transparent;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentcolor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; border-image-source: none; background-color: transparent;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;"></iframe></ins></ins>

Gilbert,
Thanks for the support and guidance you have given to fellow Singaporeans on their job problems.

I am also facing a very bad experience recently on my job and decided to write this email to you and hopefully
you can give me some guidance which would be greatly appreciated.

I work as a contract analyst with an insurance co through an agent.

I start work in June this year and is a one year contract, my job responsibilities include production support and development work in the insurance co IT dept.

For the first 3 months of my work, there were no major problems involved and then suddenly on the last day of August they decided to terminate my contract without giving any valid reasons.

The agent call me up and say they are not happy with my performance and I have to pack and leave within 1/2 hour.

I was at a shock and decided to confront my immediate supervisor ( who is a pinoy) who then impolitely tell me off and say I made a lot of mistakes.
I feel that he is giving all excuses to get rid of me and wanted to chase me out of the company.

=> Full-time job for Pinoy FTrash, but contract job for SGs. In Own Country? Say, why should the FAP Traitors not be hanged after the next GE?

Not satisfied with his reasons I managed to check with my boss who is a Singaporean but she only listen to him and does not listen to what I have to say.
I feel that my contract was terminated unfairly without any valid reasons and would like to seek your guidance.

Thanks and regards
Philip
Dear Philip
Thanks for your mail and sorry to hear of your predicament.
Unfair dismissal is rampant here due to our weak labour legislation.
Employers can terminate a worker’s service without giving any valid reasons especially if the employee is under probation.
There is no proper counselling carried out before termination and our HR is also ill-prepared to do that here.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentcolor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; border-image-source: none; background-color: transparent;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentcolor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; border-image-source: none; background-color: transparent;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;"></iframe></ins></ins>

I urge you to report the matter to MOM and TAFEP.
We should all try to do our best to stop unfair dismissal as its a threat to our livelihood and survival.
Let us know if you need to access our counselling or coaching service.
We are here for you.
Regds,
Gilbert

Transitioning.org - A website that helps jobless Singaporeans find new hope in life

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DEAR TRS, I WAS FIRED BY A FT BOSS BECAUSE I HAD A DISPUTE WITH HIS COMPATRIOT FRIEND

Post date:
15 Dec 2014 - 2:27pm

Dear TRS,

I was very happy when i got my desired job after many months of search. I liked my job and picking up gradually thinking that i will be confirmed in the job.

It is a MNC company and majority are Indian nationals and PRC's . Everything was going smooth to me till one fine day, a Indian national technician tried to push his mistake to me. Eventually i was not happy and i had to argue with him to justify, in the presence of supervisor who is also an Indian, converted to SG citizen recently. These two are very thick like gays. By seeing me arguing with his friend, he was unhappy.

Just four days before the confirmation date, i was called by the manager who is a Philipino, for a assessment . During the meeting, i found out that their intention is to expel me from the company. Reason they gave is that i am not performing.

As per the senior technicians personal remarks, i was picking up very fast and going great in the job. Just because i had to argue with the supervisors friend. The supervisor gave a bad remark of me to the manager. All this happened on sept this year and I am still jobless till today.

I would like to conclude by saying that the Singaporean like me are unsecured and affected in the workplace by group of FT's. FT's rice bowl are full and where else locals is empty.
Thanking you
SR
TRS Contributor