• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

turtle soup at jalan bersah

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
happens to pass by jalan bersah.
had a bowl of turtle soup.
meat with soft shell.
fucking shiok.
anyone know the benefit of eating turtle?
which part of turtle got the best benefit?
are they fresh water or salt water?
does supermarket also sell turtle in package?
expecting tonychat to comment

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
..best part to saVour is the bLood & JeLLy; but too bad they dont do the bLoods anymore.:cool:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
happens to pass by jalan bersah.
had a bowl of turtle soup.
meat with soft shell.
fucking shiok.

After taking turtle soup you'll become hunchback
a curse from the turtle.. some religion doesn't believe
in eating turtle ~ Karma~!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically meat from any animal is protein. Some TCM recommend eating turtle, probably because it is normally cooked with herbs. Here, they are most likely to be freshwater soft shelled turtle, farm raised. Sourced from wild will not be consistent from a supply point of view. Supermarkets here do not sell them as people don't cook these animals at home. In Canada, Chinese supermarkets sell them in plastic bags, frozen. Joked with my wife I'll buy a packet home once and she didn't talk to me for quite some time. Didn't appreciate the joke. My Ah Kong used to eat turtle once a week, old time Chinese believe by eating it, you inherit the long life of the turtle. Must be true, he lived till 90 years old despite being a chain smoker.

Cheers!

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
They come from the underside of the sheLLs..sedap ! :wink:

Sheep and bull testicles lagi best.

balls_0.jpg

Cooking With Balls: World's first testicle recipe book

A chef is publishing a book of recipes for cooking with testicles.

By Alastair Jamieson

Hailed as the world's first recipe collection of its kind, Cooking With Balls includes testicle pizza, battered testicles and barbecued testicles with giblets.

Ljubomir Erovic said the best for aphrodisiac properties are sheep and stallion testicles.

Ljubomir Erovic, the chef behind the book, said testicles are rich in testosterone and are believed to be a powerful aphrodisiac in China as well as his homeland of Serbia.

The collection, made available by e-book publishers YUDU, features testicles from several different animals, including stallions, ostriches, bulls, pigs and turkeys.

"Wash testicles thoroughly for 30-45 minutes," begins the recipe for testicles pie. "Once softened, mince them in a mincer."

A "very sharp knife" is needed for traditional style testicles, which get boiled, cut up and deep fried in hot oil.

Erovic, 45, said: "The tastiest testicles in my opinion probably come from bulls, stallions or ostriches, although other people have their own favourites. All testicles can be eaten - except human, of course. The best for aphrodisiac properties are sheep and stallion testicles."

Erovic also organises the World Testicle Cooking Championship held annually in Serbia since 2004. It draws in chefs from Australia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Norway and Serbia. One metric tonne of testicles are prepared during the contest.

"When not cooking or eating testicles, or helping others to do so, (Erovic) now runs a company involved in the maintenance of medical and dental equipment," the book said.

Sample recipe: Goulash with stallion or bull testicles

Ingredients
2-3 tablespoons lard
4kg stallion of bull testicles
2-3 onions
1 clove garlic
peppercorn and ground pepper
thyme
mint herb
milfoil (plant)
red ground seasoning pepper or tomato puree
hot chilli pepper to taste
salt
mix seasoning
1 tbsp plain flour
200ml white wine
1 tablespoon honey
2 squares cooking chocolate

Method

Cut testicles into thin slices. Fry briefly, adding finely chopped onion, garlic, black ground pepper and chilli. Cook while gradually adding water. When nearly finished, add white wine. When wine evaporates a bit, add mix seasoning, pepper, thyme, milfoil, red pepper powder, mint herb and a tablespoon of flour. Mix all well until wine completely evaporates and at the very end add honey and chocolate. Instead of red ground seasoning pepper you can use tomato puree. Tomato puree is used to get red colour, so don't use ketchup.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
They come from the underside of the sheLLs..sedap ! :wink:

oh that soft jelly.
just now when ordering..i ask for more jelly..ask for less meat..
sibei heng..the choice is right.today the turtle is probably a old 1.the meat is not tender, very hard to chew.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had turtle in Vietnam, drank the blood mixed with the local vodka...make me damn hot,,and had to bang my than gf after the makan,,,damn power sial,,,

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically meat from any animal is protein. Some TCM recommend eating turtle, probably because it is normally cooked with herbs. Here, they are most likely to be freshwater soft shelled turtle, farm raised. Sourced from wild will not be consistent from a supply point of view. Supermarkets here do not sell them as people don't cook these animals at home. In Canada, Chinese supermarkets sell them in plastic bags, frozen. Joked with my wife I'll buy a packet home once and she didn't talk to me for quite some time. Didn't appreciate the joke. My Ah Kong used to eat turtle once a week, old time Chinese believe by eating it, you inherit the long life of the turtle. Must be true, he lived till 90 years old despite being a chain smoker.

Cheers!

the old age i can break the myth.
IN ancient TCM..turtle shell enter the kidney meridian.
when your kidney is in good shape, you can enjoy longevity plus sexual achievement. nothing to do with inherit the long life of the turtle.
kidney rule reproduction.
heart rule emotion

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
oh that soft jelly.
just now when ordering..i ask for more jelly..ask for less meat..
sibei heng..the choice is right.today the turtle is probably a old 1.the meat is not tender, very hard to chew.
Oh btw; which particuLar staLL, my friend..cos i remembered there are 3 staLLs on the 2nd LeveL right ?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ONe of the better TurtLes' soup can be found at 29 Lorong Bachok; off Lorong 21 GeyLang.
Prices starts from $12 for a basic serving..:wink:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh btw; which particuLar staLL, my friend..cos i remembered there are 3 staLLs on the 2nd LeveL right ?..

yup you are right.
3 stalls. i alway order from the center stall, which suit my taste.
today i let out a little secret.
the turtle soup is actually not pure turtle soup.
why?
the soup consist of chicken, duck,herbs chinese yam..and other meat.(we call this common soup)
the turtle is cook with little water.the meat extracted.
now they have a giant pot of soup.
when you order turtle soup, they mix common soup with a tiny fraction of turtle soup.
when you order chicken soup, they give you common soup.

next time when you order, buy take away..then you stand in front of the stall..look at what they mix..and you understand everything