• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY Condemnation Thread - Post 23 March 2015

Does jiu hu kia Tonychat has the balls to curse LKY openly at SGH?

• Yes. He is brave and will curse LKY openly at SGH

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No. He is a ball-less twit cyber-warrior and instigator

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: KJ Upset That He Cannot Stir Shit At HLP During National Mourning Period!

In death, Old Fart can't even tahan being critiqued. And the PAP media keeps repeating that Old Fart is a great man..

On my facebook, most people are changing their facebook profile pic to an condolence theme pic for LKY. I think this already shows LKY's place in history as a great leader and national hero is cemented.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: KJ Upset That He Cannot Stir Shit At HLP During National Mourning Period!

Because they have been fed with only one version. In time, history will be re-written.

they know the truth. They just dont want to say it. If not Singapore would be bombed like Libya or the Balkans, or invaded like Iraq long ago.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Did that Roy fella say anything yet?

he has outlived the old fart... any day will be a sunday to talk about the deadtator.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
tqvm LKY, i will listen to all my cd for the next 7 days

failing so,

I will doze off listening to all the classical music

while behind the wheel

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Lee Kuan Yew's founding father of Sinkapore, what's Raffle's title then?

Sinkieland's state-controlled media have created a myth around Lee Kuan Yew, bestowing on him the title "Founding Father of Sinkapore".

If such is the case, Raffles must be the "Founding Grandfather of Sinkapore".

Lest we forget, there's the "Founding Familee", "Founding Amah", "Founding Chauffeur", etc....

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Prof Michael Barr Said That Lee Kuan Yew was Racist and Looked down at Malay

It's funny that these fucking ang mohs who are the biggest racists can call others racist and notice how they always try to call the others who are as successful as them racists while the least successful ones whom they used to subjugate in the past like malays, indians etc always the victims.

Why is it OK for Mats to implement apartheid laws? You are hypocrites and nothing will change in you. No one trusts hypocrites. You have no backbone. No gumption. Accept what you are and move on.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Prof Michael Barr Said That Lee Kuan Yew was Racist and Looked down at Malay

Why is it OK for Mats to implement apartheid laws? You are hypocrites and nothing will change in you. No one trusts hypocrites. You have no backbone. No gumption. Accept what you are and move on.

can you show me where did I post that at all? even in my post that you quoted I mentioned nothing of that type. seems like now people like you have reached a new low that is quote someone's post and make up false allegations and then act like nothing happened.

2 can play at this game. Oh you're a gay and a bottom? well then you're a menace to society

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy on his thoughts on LKY

Lee Kuan Yew is respected by many Singaporeans, for what he has contributed to Singapore’s growth though I need to add that much of the development of Singapore in the early years has to also be attributed to a team of people, who have unfortunately been forgotten for their contributions. It might be more meaningful to talk of the contributions of them as a group – Goh Keng Swee, Toh Chin Chye, S. Rajaratnam etc – so that we can have a good sense of how Singapore’s success should be seen in perspective.

On the same note, Singapore’s economic development in the first 20 years of independence, from the mid-1960s to mid-1980s was actually on the right track, where wages were increasing, income inequality was decreasing and interest rates on the pension funds were increasing. In short, people’s lives were getting better. In the first 20 years of Singapore, the Singapore Model was working well because there was “balance”, where wages and the living standards were rising in tandem with growth.

However, from the mid-1980s, the new policies became decidedly less favourable towards Singaporeans, where the government reduced health subsidies and where public housing and education prices escalated by even several times over. From the mid-1990s, real wages for the low-income workers started stagnating and for the middle-income, this has been happening for the past 10 years. And some Singaporeans are today beginning to feel that Singapore is seeing a reversal of our fortunes in the last five to 10 years.

Rightfully or not, in the mid-1980s, when Lee Kuan Yew removed the “Old Guard” or first-generation leaders who has helped to build Singapore in the first 20 years and replaced it with the second-generation of leaders who were too eager to please, it caused the system to go out of balance, where we have reached a point today where wages are too low, prices are too high and where Singaporeans cannot save enough to retire, and poverty is estimated to have risen to even 30%.

As such, Lee Kuan Yew had a good team of people in place in the first 20 years of Singapore who worked with him to build Singapore but his team thereafter, from the 1980s, did not perhaps have the foresight and ethical beliefs as the “Old Guard” had, and because of that, the system could not be well-maintained.

As a result, this has contributed to the belief that the current PAP leaders are in the business of politics for money, also because they earn the highest salaries among politicians in the world, as well as because they have pegged their salaries to the richest in Singapore, who also earn the highest salaries among the developed countries.

Thus if you ask me, Lee Kuan Yew could have a much favourable legacy but his selection of people after the first-generation leaders, as well as their obedience in an effort not to offend him have resulted in a system which became lopsided, as they were too eager to get into his good books. Thus Lee Kuan Yew’s formidability and wrath became a double-edged sword. Some Singaporeans believe that Lee Kuan Yew’s dictatorial leadership in the earlier years of independence was necessary as it helped to fasten Singapore’s development but it is also this fear that has even stuck into the highest levels of governance that has caused an unquestioning principle towards his way of working which has also caused the policies to become skewed. At least the “Old Guards”dared to challenge him and maintain that stability and balance for Singapore.

I would say that Lee Kuan Yew’s temperament was a characteristic that moulded Singapore’s initial growth but it was also because of this unforgiving trait that has institutionalised fear into the system which has become an unhealthy impediment for the growth, and more importantly, sustainability of Singapore.

Thus moving forward, what does this mean for Singapore? I think Singapore has to go back to the basics. First, over the last 10 to 20 years (or even 30 years), policies that have been created have moved away from caring for the people. When the People’s Action Party (PAP) removed “equality” from their constitution and replaced it with “self-reliance” in 1982, that was when their policies became more selfish, if I may add. In a way, Lee Kuan Yew was instrumental to this as he was still the Secretary-General of the PAP when the constitution was changed and he was also the prime minister who retired the “Old Guards” in the 1980s and brought in the second-generation leaders who created the imbalanced policies.

What we need to do at this point is to undo some of these policies and their effects and to bring balance back to Singapore. Thus we need to increase wages to bring it parity, so that income inequality and poverty can be reduced. The government also needs to increase health and education subsidies so that all of Singaporeans can be uplifted, and not just the select few in the elites. Also, pension returns need to be returned to the people and transparently managed, so that Singaporeans will be protected for their retirement. In that sense, we have to remove or reduce a lot of the complications that have bogged down our system and which are making the system less efficient. We need to streamline the system and start making it more focused towards the people, and to protect the people.

In short, the government has to stop pursing a business/profit-motive and to start taking care of the people. The PAP over the past 30 years have steered away from the objective of governance – for the protection of the people, and so, either the PAP has to regain a sense of ethical responsibility or Singaporeans have to do what is right to for themselves and to vote in a new government that will take care of and protect them. I think the latter is a more viable alternative, seeing how the PAP has become rigid and entrenched in its ways and is resistant to change.

Singapore cannot continue on the current modus operandi that the PAP has taken for the past 30 years. We either have to go back to where Singapore was in the first 20 years, in terms of the balance that was attained, or to allow a renewal, where Singaporeans are engaged and empowered to make decisions for the country and partake in the country’s growth. The very reason why the first-generation leaders wanted to focus on educating the population was precisely because a more educated populace will be able to help the country grow.

The current development of Singapore is not sustainable if we continue on a model of self-inflicted price escalation and artificially-depressed wages where the growing inequality can tear the social fabric apart. We need to focus on bringing our country back to balance.

As such, is it to follow Lee Kuan Yew’s approach or is it to create a new approach? It really depends on which era and which team you are talking about. Where Lee Kuan Yew had a good team in the first-generation leaders, Singapore was progressing nicely. Where he later transited into a second-generation (and then third-generation) leaders who lack the gumption and who became submissive and less ethical in their approach, it has instead thwarted Singapore’s development path.

So, is it to follow Lee Kuan Yew’s approach or not? I would say it is about putting in a team which has the heart for Singapore and Singaporeans, as well as the other inhabitants on this island, and which have the foresight and belief to start re-investing back in Singaporeans, for our health and education, and retirement for the elderly, so that with the right commitment to the people, we can bring our country back on track. Where a dictatorial leadership might work in the earlier years of consolidation and growth, a more equitable and collaborative governance is needed now where the PAP does not monopolise or hold onto power stridently, but where governance becomes a shared and decentralised responsibility and distilled among the people.

Only with unity and equality, and justice and fairness, can we see Singapore move towards a brighter possibility, and this also requires Singaporeans to let go of the fear that the idea of Lee Kuan Yew has created, and to be willing to restart our engagement with our country.

http://thehearttruths.com/2015/03/20/my-thoughts-on-lee-kuan-yew-and-singapores-future/

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ex NUS Law Professor (Now HKU Law Dean) Fucked Lee Kuan Yew in Apple Daily

Majority of baby boomers cannot read and write Chinese were because this half fuck baba Chinese LKY harbored hate at the Chinese communities in the early days of Singapore.

Labeling the Chinese and China are poor peasants communist country not worthy to be recognized by his government.

He made us stand on the chair if you failed to read one paragraph from a page. Your next turn to read again and still cannot read make you stand outside the classroom door and exit the lesson. That's it. No proper methods to teach students to read and write Chinese well. Blatantly fixing the Chinese communities to failed their Chinese language.

Let him burnt today for what he did to the Chinese. We Chinese paid him school fees and don't deserved to be look down by this the old fuck.
does listening and knowing the lyrics of theresa teng's songs count:confused:
got one time i sat in mrt and forgot to practice chinese culture by dusting the hard plastic seat with my palms and next day got few small pimples.
the moon did represent my ass - choi :(

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wonder what he would say about Mao ZeDong?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

This law professori got screwed and sacked so he is damn sore with PAP and LKY.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What so great about LKY?

He cheated on;

1. Politics
He categorically stated that there will never be a level playing field and hence the creation of GRC,
upgrading and all form of gerrymandering utilizing public funds through the PA.

2. Investment
Bought many units of condos with hefty discounts from a company where his brother worked.

3. Sports
Import excellent foreign sportsmen and women just to win medals in sports.

4. Immigration
Flood the island with new citizens in the guise of PWP to recover lost votes.

5. CPF
Refused to return the money to the citizens as promised when one reaches 55.