• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Foreign Friend Ask Me A This Question Where I Cannot Answer.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are the Singapore Armed Forces and Singapore Police Force still using Malay words on their official crests?

I tembak saying some schools also use Latin as their Mottos in English speaking countries.

I dont have the answer. Does anyone here know the answer?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is one of the handme down, no body bother to change it!

unlike our handme down British laws, which the PAP changed it all the time! LOL..

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
wayang so malaysia and indonesia wont hv further grounds to complain about singapore marginalizing the malays (which by the way is blantantly happening)

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to mention..... I remember there was one occasion when the RSM conducted the POP parade entirely in a mixture of Mandarin & Hokkien much to the amusement of the guests and onlookers.......

Super_Hypocrite

Alfrescian
Loyal
The funny thing is Malay is the Singapore national language,,,but the chinese in general cant speak it as they learn mandarin in school except the older generation as they learnt malay in school,,since most younger ones dont speak it,,,y bother to still call it our national language?? I think only Singapore is a country where by the people dont speak or dont know their national language,,at least even learning conversational malay would make it a valid national language,,,uniquely singapore!!!

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
For sensitive political reasons, Muslim neighbours will get mad.
Try to speak English to the elders next door.
It may take the next generation to change, but may not since
Red Dot is forever surrounded by the Malay Archipelago.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
it used to be our national language - so for heritage purposes, it remain.

I agree with the heritage point. Heritage is something which cannot be changed overnight. It's something which is being handed down over time. However, as we have to develop to compete with the current world and economics, that's the reason why we start to adopt a English or Mandarin as spoken and written language. It still does not change the fact that our heritage indicates that we are originally from a malay (correct me if I am wrong) country.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are the Singapore Armed Forces and Singapore Police Force still using Malay words on their official crests?

I tembak saying some schools also use Latin as their Mottos in English speaking countries.

I dont have the answer. Does anyone here know the answer?

Tell your friend so that our enemies can understand our commands easily. Remain Malay words for the benefit of our neighbours.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its really uniquely singapore loh. Drill command in Malay all other commands in English. Majority population Chinese but official language English. Each race encouraged to learn their mother tongues. Unique indeed.